Bad/Disappointing Pressings

i've had a few.

yeah those Tell All Your Friends pressings are pretty rough. however, unlike those in here that are saying that Victory pressings are bad, I'm satisfied with Between the Buried and Me and Thursday records.

some of the stuff from Enjoy The Ride were disappointing, including The Fall of Troy's Doppelganger and self-titled. Noisy and poppy all around. i wouldn't doubt if they were CD sourced, knowing Ross.

others include:

circle takes the square- decompositions

heavy heavy low low- turtle nipple

fand island- self-titled

I can think of two besides a few named ones that sound reasonably bad.

La Dispute/Touche Amore split, but maybe that's the whole point because the digital copies sound bad too.

IIOI/Everyone Everywhere split sounds so lo-fi and scratchy.

Tigers Jaw S/T 5th press or whatever it is on orange/white starburst. 

I second the La Dispute/Touche Amore split. I have a few copies that sound better than others (I can't think of what press off the top of my head) but none of them sound all that great. It's a shame because it's a great split.

Also the La Dispute- Somewhere at the Bottom first press has huge sections of silence near the middle of "The Last Lost Continent".

Rosetta - Flies To Flame

Just got my highlighter green copy in the mail yesterday, and spun it today for the first time.

This thing sounds like ASS. There is SO much noise in the recording, and you can hear the noise jump in and out on the right channel. Its very weird.

And the sound... just sucks. It sounds like like the master was pressed with a dusty master plate or something.

The CD sounds AMAZING though. I've listened to that like 4 times already.

All the Nile albums on vinyl up to Those Whom The Gods Detest, which sounds great. At The Gate of Sethu is even better. 

There is a lot of talk here about Deafheaven - Sunbather. I think the CD sounds a ton better than the vinyl.

I just got the Amongst The Catacombs and Black Seeds repress/remaster(?) in the mail and spun them the other day, and Amongst The Catacombs sounds fucking INCREDIBLE.

Black Seeds is great, but the guitars were very low in the mix. The drums are super up-front, which is fine... just weird.

I don't get the talk about Deafheaven.... I thought that sounded fine. I'll have to spin that tomorrow morning and re-assess... I listen to the CD at least once or twice a week.

I don't recall anything bad about that HHLL album, except for pops throughout the ten minutes of noise on the last track (which I often jump over).

I just recently ordered "Sea When Absent" so I'm hoping for the best. 

Turbo Fruits - "Echo Kid": major skips across both sides, bought brand new. Haven't tried listening to it in years but I remember at least three songs were totally unlistenable.

Explosions in the Sky - "All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone": very noisy across all sides. Surprised no one else mentioned this, I know my copy isn't the only one that's messed up.

Glocca Morra - "Ghoul Intentions": Hard to pinpoint but it sounds like it just wasn't properly mastered for vinyl.

I just got the Amongst The Catacombs and Black Seeds repress/remaster(?) in the mail and spun them the other day, and Amongst The Catacombs sounds fucking INCREDIBLE.

Black Seeds is great, but the guitars were very low in the mix. The drums are super up-front, which is fine... just weird.

I don't get the talk about Deafheaven.... I thought that sounded fine. I'll have to spin that tomorrow morning and re-assess... I listen to the CD at least once or twice a week.

I dont have any of the new Nile represses, I did contact Relapse about these and they replied: "New masters for vinyl, they sound great!"

I didnt buy them though, been burned with bad pressings from them too many times (Baroness, Mastodon). 

Does anyone have a vinyl rip of the Nile represses?