PO: The Wonder Years - No Closer to Heaven

So apparently the Hot Topic variant is sold out....

anyone want to help a brother out and sell a copy to me at cost...

I passed on it cause I figured the Banquet variant would sell out before the Hot Topic one but I was wrong...

Most of the recent Hot Topic variants of records I have kept my eye on have resurfaced after they initially sold out. I wouldn't imagine that it's out of the question for this release, but I am just speculating.

thanks man, I'll hold off then and see what happens..

In the mean time, if I find myself in a HT I will keep an eye out for you. I am just saying that it they may wind up back online. That's what happened with the Mega Man picture disc and a few of the Epitaph represses, so hopefully that is the case here as well.

I just listened to stain glass ceilings again,and god that dude fucking ruins the song. I love hardcore music of all sorts, but his screaming is atrocious. It sounds like there's a bunch of water in the back of his mouth of something. it sounds like what I would expect an hXc nickelback song to sound like. I've never listened to Five Finger Death Punch or Bullet For My Valentine but that's what I've always imagined them to sound like.

I just listened to stain glass ceilings again,and god that dude fucking ruins the song. I love hardcore music of all sorts, but his screaming is atrocious. It sounds like there's a bunch of water in the back of his mouth of something. it sounds like what I would expect an hXc nickelback song to sound like. I've never listened to Five Finger Death Punch or Bullet For My Valentine but that's what I've always imagined them to sound like.

You've never heard letlive. I'm assuming? One of the best bands around right now dude.

You've never heard letlive. I'm assuming? One of the best bands around right now dude.

seriously.  letlive. is phenomenal.  I don't think the feature makes that song *better*, but I also cannot for the life of me understand why people seem to hate it so much.  It sounds fine.  It is a little bit unnecessary, but it definitely doesn't sound bad at all to me.

seriously. letlive. is phenomenal. I don't think the feature makes that song *better*, but I also cannot for the life of me understand why people seem to hate it so much. It sounds fine. It is a little bit unnecessary, but it definitely doesn't sound bad at all to me.

I pretty much feel this way. I would rather soupy sing the whole lot but i dont think this guys vocal sounds bad or out of place.

I honestly would have thought that Jason Butler would have lent some cleans to the song, screaming doesn't really sounds like it fits. His clean voice is actually really phenomenal, especially in quieter moments.

I think it works well because Soupy starts to scream a little as well when he comes back in. But, I'm a massive fan of both vocalists/bands. Biased as hell. It is one of my absolute favorite parts of this record though.

• 3 weeks later...

so i really like the song until it reaches jason butler's part. i don't think it's horrible, but i also think it could have been written better harmonically. the screaming adds a nice texture to the song, if that makes sense. but it misses the mark.

This is how I feel. One of my buddies is a huge letlive fan and he goes apeshit over that part when talking about the album. To me, it's the least listenable moment in the entire album.

• 1 month later...