ISO: crescendo-core bands

I have never heard that term before, but there is a huge post-rock thread you can search through.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/94703-post-vc-official-instrumental-discussion/

The list on page 1 is pretty exhaustive. But if you need some highlights, try Seas of Years, pg.lost, Silent Whale Becomes a Dream, the Shaking Sensations, and Toundra.

Yeah, if anything, "crescendo-core" is a facetious label for run-of-the-mill post-rock.  Twinkly instrumental bands who rely on tremolo and typical climaxes in the vein of Explosions in the Sky, Mono, etc.  The part of his request that confuses me is the mention of "harder, more metal version of post-rock" – because that's pretty much the opposite of yawn-inducing crescendos.

Caspian are stellar in the sense that they really mix things up with each release.  They craft grade-A atmosphere, and fail to stumble while they flex their dynamics.  They're massive.  They're gentle.  They're lush.  They're crushing.  A lot of folks will argue that post-rock "is dead" - and that it's all been done before, or that every current post-rock release sounds trite and rehashed - but I follow Caspian very closely, for obvious reasons, and full welcome anything they put out.  Their track record is pretty damn amazing, and I still thoroughly enjoy their back catalog as well.

I still stand by my And So I Watch You From Afar recommendation, though.  Most of their discography is blistering and brimming with energy.  They dip into the mathy realm of instrumental music at times, and their later work incorporates a surprising amount of vocals... but I can't really think of a "faster" or more energetic post-rock group off the top of my head.

Sick that will be my check-out for tomorrow.

Currently REALLY REALLY enjoying PG.Lost

Not super-exactly what I was looking for, but I'm listening to "Its Not Me, It's You" right now and this CRUSHES.

This is "slow" Post-rock to me. Like Mono, This Will Destroy You, etc.

I'm looking for "fast" post-rock, like Caspian, Sleepmakeswaves, and If These Trees Could Talk