Alleged Sexual Assaulters and Scumbags

So apparently there's another big thing with this girl Ally Newbold who does photography for a lot of bands. She allegedly has sexually assaulted a ton of guys in the past but the whole hint got swept under the rug because she works for POZ. Google "Ally Newbold Rapist" and read all the stuff on it. It's nuts.

yeah this pissed me off

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently there's another big thing with this girl Ally Newbold who does photography for a lot of bands. She allegedly has sexually assaulted a ton of guys in the past but the whole hint got swept under the rug because she works for POZ. Google "Ally Newbold Rapist" and read all the stuff on it. It's nuts.

Girl is from my hometown. She was basically run out of Florida for the way she treated people in the scene.

Though I havent personally seen it, people Ive known for a long time have witnessed her take advantage of her "photography" credentials to get close to guys in bands and then essentially gets them really trashed and sleeps with them. While that doesn't fit your traditional idea of a rapist... she has a long track record of doing it and then using the fact that it happened against some of these guys.

Girl is from my hometown. She was basically run out of Florida for the way she treated people in the scene.

Though I havent personally seen it, people Ive known for a long time have witnessed her take advantage of her "photography" credentials to get close to guys in bands and then essentially gets them really trashed and sleeps with them. While that doesn't fit your traditional idea of a rapist... she has a long track record of doing it and then using the fact that it happened against some of these guys.

Yeah, that's definitely predatory behavior. That's fucked up.

One of the problems I have with the boycott is some of it calls for a boycott of anyone JJR is associated with, which can be pretty hard. The dude was selling merch for PTV at my warped date.

From what I understand he was kicked out of a lot of acts - like The Flaming Tsunamis && We Are The Union - which I guess means you can still support said acts.

Crazy how all this could be avoided if people simply didn't listen to shitty music made by shitty people.

oh come on.  people keep saying shit like "good thing I don't listen to these bands" or "these bands suck anyways" but this isn't about avoiding something.  It's not about you. 

That dude still sexually assaulted a girl and a bunch of other bands and influential people in the scene denied that it ever happened.  This is about not supporting bands and labels filled with rape apologists and offenders.  It's not about "oh thank god i don't like this music anyways, so I"m off the hook".  You don't need to like the bands to understand why this is horrible and people need to stop making this about themselves by ignoring the situation and just commenting on their musical tastes.

this isn't directed at you - a lot of people have been doing this and it's been irking me.

oh come on.  people keep saying shit like "good thing I don't listen to these bands" or "these bands suck anyways" but this isn't about avoiding something.  It's not about you. 

That dude still sexually assaulted a girl and a bunch of other bands and influential people in the scene denied that it ever happened.  This is about not supporting bands and labels filled with rape apologists and offenders.  It's not about "oh thank god i don't like this music anyways, so I"m off the hook".  You don't need to like the bands to understand why this is horrible and people need to stop making this about themselves by ignoring the situation and just commenting on their musical tastes.

this isn't directed at you - a lot of people have been doing this and it's been irking me.

I get what you're saying. My last post didn't do a very good job of conveying how I really feel about this.

My point is, like I mentioned in my other posts in this thread, that this "scene" is seriously oversaturated with this kind of shit (New Found Glory, Front Porch Step, this other fucking guy, surely many others). These people are shitty people, and in my opinion the music is pretty godawful too. As we've seen in this thread, it's not just the artists who are scumbags but also the promoters and other members of the "scene."

I feel that it shouldn't have ever come to the point of boycotting Pure Noise. It never should have been a successful label to begin with because all these people so closely involved are degenerates. You get me?

But it did become successful, and now it should be boycotted. My last post was just some classic Captain Hindsight shit.