Killers - Hot Fuss at Amoeba

Aren't these "boots" put out by the original UK label Lizard King? I see these all the time on eBay.

They're copies of the UK release and the numbered ones all have the same number but they come from a couple of different sources and none for them come from Lizard King in the UK.

Does anyone know how the bootlegs sound?

They sound a little worse than the originals but I've never been impressed with those either, the best sounding for me is the 7 inch boxset.

A great way to tell if it's a bootleg is to check the back, and look at the tracklisting. Since the boots are made from the UK version, track 8 (Change Your Mind) is replaced with Glamorous Indie Rock 'n Roll. On the US version, Indie Rock 'n Roll is a bonus track, and Change Your Mind is still included. If those copies at Ameoba are missing Change Your Mind, there's pretty much an 100% chance they are bootlegs. 

I remember seeing that in the summer of 2013! I was a coast to coast road trip & legitimately considered buying it for about 30 seconds before remembering that I was on a road trip and had absolutely no money to spend. 

It probably was 2013 then. I didn't see it until I was on my way out but I had just spent about 100 on other stuff.

I have a US first pressing that sounds pretty good. It was a pain for me to find though.

I have the original blue press and I have zero problems with it. Plays great, sounds far better than the Sam's Town pic disc, which is the only bummer for me with their albums as its my damn fave!

Same here. I have the original foil US press, and it sounds pretty great. I have no complaints. I really would love a proper repress of this though.