Elder Scrolls Online

Couldn't get into it.

It's essentially the same thing as the other games, just with more people. At first I thought it was really annoying having a shit load of random people running around you, but eventually you get use to it. And once you start exploring and finding new stuff to do and there are less people around. Only the main cities and guild quests are crowded.

It's essentially the same thing as the other games, just with more people. At first I thought it was really annoying having a shit load of random people running around you, but eventually you get use to it. And once you start exploring and finding new stuff to do and there are less people around. Only the main cities and guild quests are crowded.

It wasn't that, it was just more of the things that come with an MMO. I liked the freedom of Skyrim, and there's just no way to do that in an MMO.

It wasn't that, it was just more of the things that come with an MMO. I liked the freedom of Skyrim, and there's just no way to do that in an MMO.

I know it was beta when I played but nothing about this game made me want to continue playing. As a lot of reviews seem to mention, it is just a watered down ES experience that charges you monthly.

I know it was beta when I played but nothing about this game made me want to continue playing. As a lot of reviews seem to mention, it is just a watered down ES experience that charges you monthly.

Haven't they changed it to a F2P just recently? As much as I love the Elder Scrolls series, I will skip ESO and wait for ES 6 (which hopefully takes place in Blackmarsh or Elsweyr).

It's not Skyrim, but it has some similarities. The free 2 play is waaay better for sure. I played the PC beta back in the day, but didn't get into it very much. Decided I'd wait for the console version and have been loving it. If you like ES, RPG's, or even MMO games in general it's pretty fun and addictive.

Just make sure if you want to play with friends (at the beginning) or whatever you pick the same alliance... or you have to wait until level 50 (I believe).

Hmmm. Since its free to play, I'll probably check it out. I was a huge fan of Skyrim and have always wondered what the Elder Scrolls were all about. Win win?

If you liked Skyrim, I'd recommend playing Oblivion and - if you can get past its counterintuitive mechanics - Morrowind before you try ESO. In my opinion Oblivion still blows Skyrim out of the water, and while Morrowind is a vastly different experience, it's really in a league of its own when it comes to RPGs. Truly stellar.

Where the hell can I find this without paying $60?!

It's not that bad in my opinion. Especially since they dropped the monthly subscription fee. There's A LOT of content in this I think it's worth the price. Only other thing you'd spend money on is the little addons, like costumes/mounts/etc., (if you want) and maybe the upcoming expansion pack?

• 4 weeks later...