wiaiwya-7777777 - a 7" singles club

hi

i hope you don't mind me posting about a special 7" singles club i've been running for three and a half years now (it's due to run for seven) called wiaiwya-7777777

specifically, the latest release is an exclusive collaboration between Woodpigeon and Norman Blake (Teenage Fanclub, Boy Hairdressers, Jonny):

https://wiaiwya.bandcamp.com/album/brutish-birds

IMG_1189.JPG

wiaiwya-7777777 is a seven inch singles club – a very ambitious seven inch singles club. 

“there’s this sadness when you can’t find it on vinyl, because it’s like it’s not proper” - Pete Paphides

Now in its fourth year (of seven), it is a celebration of the seven inch format, as well as all things seven.  210 lucky subscribers sign up, and get seven exclusive 45s in the post. The records are always released on the 7th of the month (one on each day of the week), and 77 days before release date just 77 copies are made available to purchase individually.

“The 45rpm single, the hard, black centrepiece of the teenage revolution” – Bob Stanley

For 2015 we have asked some of our favourite bands and artists to collaborate on a one off single, to try something a little different, and to prove the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. These are then being pressed onto 2 colour vinyl discs, and inserted into numbered reverse board sleeves. And, as 2015 is the first year there will be seven Star Wars films, it would be foolish not to stand their titles into the run out grooves.

there's more info about subscribing here

thanks
John
www.wiaiwya.com