PO: Gary Clark Jr. The Story of Sonny Boy Slim (9/11)

Gary Clark Jr. will release his second studio album The Story of Sonny Boy Slim on September 11. The new LP follows the blues guitarist 2014 live album Gary Clark Jr. LIVE and his 2012 studio debut Blak and Blu.

Clark is currently on the road, and he will be opening for the Foo Fighters from September 11 to October 17. The full tracklist from The Story of Sonny Boy Slim can be found below.

The Story of Sonny Boy Slim tracklist:

1. The Healing

2. Grinder

3. Star

4. Our Love

5. Church

6. Hold On

7. Cold Blooded

8. Wings

9. BYOB

10. Can’t Sleep

11. Stay

12. Shake

13. Down To Ride

http://www.jambands.com/news/2015/07/07/gary-clark-jr-announces-new-album-details

here in Austin all the local clubs and 6th street bands have stories about Gary Clark. I was watching a great blues band a few months ago and i went up and talked to the drummer after the show.. turns out he was playing with Gary a few years ago and left that band start playing with this new band... i said "ouch, big mistake?" he took a puff of his cig, took a long look at the street and said "... yeah."

If I remember, a little closer to fuzzy blues, but there were a couple of slower songs.  I didn't really pick up the Blak and Blu vibe as much, which is definitely good.

He played a new song to close the set, and it killed.

That's good news for me. Blak And Blu seemed too inconsistent, and the album didn't flow well, but there were definitely some stand out tracks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

here in Austin all the local clubs and 6th street bands have stories about Gary Clark. I was watching a great blues band a few months ago and i went up and talked to the drummer after the show.. turns out he was playing with Gary a few years ago and left that band start playing with this new band... i said "ouch, big mistake?" he took a puff of his cig, took a long look at the street and said "... yeah."

Pain like that is how great songs are written.

Really digging the new album. I can't wait to hear what he does with it live.

• 3 weeks later...