Casual Discussion In A Dome Between Two Temples (emo revival recommendations)

This was originally a thread for a Handwriting! lathe some shitty label never even made, but now Handwriting! is broken up. So is Casper Elgin amongst many other "twinkle" emo bands. So what we're gonna do is share bands that sound similar. We're not gonna talk about the fucking revival scene. We're not gonna take about Rites of Spring or Mineral.

There's a thread dedicated to those discussions but I can't find it. If someone does I'll post a link here in the OP.

Edit: here's that thread - http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/102186-the-emo-thread/

11277946_10207151250245953_1877725060_n_

This is a SQUARE hand made mono record cut with a recording lathe into plastic.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS! Only leaving link up as a warning.

http://deadimage.storenvy.com/products/13259796-handwriting-walmart-naruto

Two of the best songs from my favorite album of 2015! Seriously, if you haven't heard these dudes before you need to get Scooter Dudes, it's pay what you want on their bandcamp.

https://handwritingma.bandcamp.com/

Love this album! Hoping a real vinyl release comes eventually, but definitely buying this in the meantime

Me too! I can't believe someone like Top Shelf hasn't swooped them up yet (Casper Elgin too for that matter). They usually release most of their stuff on cassette but haven't done a physical release with this yet so maybe there's something in the works and they're keeping it hush-hush. I figure grabbing this lathe is the least I can do given they're basically giving away their latest album. It's so damn good.

Me too! I can't believe someone like Top Shelf hasn't swooped them up yet (Casper Elgin too for that matter). They usually release most of their stuff on cassette but haven't done a physical release with this yet so maybe there's something in the works and they're keeping it hush-hush. I figure grabbing this lathe is the least I can do given they're basically giving away their latest album. It's so damn good.

I hope there is something in the works. I can't think of a twinkly emo band that's been on Topshelf lately. I always figured Topshelf was trying to keep away from the newer "twinkly" bands. That'd be a good signing if they picked up these guys

I saw that photo on their FB! Do you know if it's new material?

It's their demo! 3 variants. Their upcoming full length will be on vinyl. The tour exclusive tape I got in the mail yesterday has some new demos from the LP at the end of it. They've also put up a couple small rough demos on their tumblr, and one on a comp for Driftwood records.

It's their demo! 3 variants. Their upcoming full length will be on vinyl. The tour exclusive tape I got in the mail yesterday has some new demos from the LP at the end of it. They've also put up a couple small rough demos on their tumblr, and one on a comp for Driftwood records.

They put up leftovers but the 7" is gone (woulda grabbed one but I just barely got off work and Storenvy won't work on my phone or tablet anymore for some reason).

Still got the tape though! - http://casperelgin.storenvy.com/

I saw that photo on their FB! Do you know if it's new material?

yo! thnx for the kind word<3 the 7" is 'it's just a fucking demo' minus "castle rat" because we couldn't fit all 5 songs on it and no one really cares about that song. The tape does have a few demos, no idea if those will end up on the full length but we played 2 new songs on our most recent tour that are going on it, filmed a studio session for a 3rd new song, and have a few more written! this is the most detail i've given about the full length and only 2 people will see it probably haha.

but buy this! handwriting are incredible people / this label is run by some of my best friends

• 1 month later...

Rad Girlfriend did the same thing with their Pretty Boy Thorson 7" single series. Promised a series of three releases, with a sub version /100 for the first two, then an exclusive third 7" for those who subscribed.

They released the first two, minus any sub versions, and erased any public mention of the series throughout their outlets. No third release and no response to countless inquiries. Bit of a bummer.

Communication is such a simple thing.

• 1 month later...

we're slowly losing all the "twinkly" emo bands

this sucks

sports. - demon daze is a phenomenal album. I'll be putting out the new Boys' Club album (Lives Forever) on tape next month. They're crazy good.

Similar bands still exist, they're just really hard to find. I raided Bandcamp last night just searching for bands from related band's show fliers haha. If I come across anything cool I'll share it.

Maybe this can become a dedicated thread to twinkly noodly emo bands.