Casual Discussion In A Dome Between Two Temples (emo revival recommendations)

On 2/12/2016 at 0:13 PM, andables said:

bump for these guys. sports recommended them on FB.  

meet me in Montauk

first album (theres one LP left before its OOP):

https://mmim.bandcamp.com/album/where-the-grass-meets-the-pavement

new album (PO for this album is up):

https://mmim.bandcamp.com/album/dork-soul

14224905_949876461787732_334203274754724

Got an email over the weekend for a repress of their first album, order at their bandcamp or here

http://www.ghosttownrecords16.bigcartel.com/

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Had anyone come across any new bands? Need something fresh to listen to :/

What's your name again?  I'll add you to a small, private group on facebook that is comprised almost solely of people in new-ish emo bands.

EDIT:  Found it.  I see you just posted this in NDE.  

Edited by parkinglot

So, I get excited every time I see this thread get bumped but I am pretty let down each time I try out the new bands mentioned on here. For me, and this is my opinion, Algernon Cadwallader is the best thing that has come out of this genre in years. If you guys have the time, please list the top 5 bands somewhat similar to Algernon that you've come across. Would love to discover something new, similar to that band.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

So, I get excited every time I see this thread get bumped but I am pretty let down each time I try out the new bands mentioned on here. For me, and this is my opinion, Algernon Cadwallader is the best thing that has come out of this genre in years. If you guys have the time, please list the top 5 bands somewhat similar to Algernon that you've come across. Would love to discover something new, similar to that band.

Oof, tough one. I feel like Algernon was doing such a specific thing it's hard to point out bands that compare on that level. I'll give a shot:

1. Glassgrade (more pissed off style) 

2. Olde Pine (more poppy style) 

3. Mall Punks (full band stuff, not the acoustic spoken word stuff)

4. Pictures of Vernon (less pissed off than Glassgrade, and more sad)

5. Brave Bird (the demo album specifically, it's super raw and has very unique sloppiness to it)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2016 at 4:12 PM, Shitty Rambo said:

Oof, tough one. I feel like Algernon was doing such a specific thing it's hard to point out bands that compare on that level. I'll give a shot:

1. Glassgrade (more pissed off style) 

2. Olde Pine (more poppy style) 

3. Mall Punks (full band stuff, not the acoustic spoken word stuff)

4. Pictures of Vernon (less pissed off than Glassgrade, and more sad)

5. Brave Bird (the demo album specifically, it's super raw and has very unique sloppiness to it)

Ok after giving all of these pretty thorough listens, I am really into PoV. Drummer singing is awesome and I love the energy and rawness. I feel like Tommy Boy has awesome fucking guitars but I cant get into the guys voice and vocal arrangements, almost too polished. Seriously thank you for this list

12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ok after giving all of these pretty thorough listens, I am really into PoV. Drummer singing is awesome and I love the energy and rawness. I feel like Tommy Boy has awesome fucking guitars but I cant get into the guys voice and vocal arrangements, almost too polished. Seriously thank you for this list

Completely agree with you on TB. Looks like they broke up as soon as that LP was released. I recently stumbled upon two more bands called Larry Nodder and Oliver Houston you might dig.

8 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Completely agree with you on TB. Looks like they broke up as soon as that LP was released. I recently stumbled upon two more bands called Larry Nodder and Oliver Houston you might dig.

Well shit man, that Larry and Oliver are BOTH money. Nice finds. I think I love the more complex rythms and groovy jams on Oliver. Hell yes

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...