my friend is selling a record

Quick question for bonus, who cares how much this guy (me) buys it for? I am new to this game, I have more money then I need to have, I want a record just because I want it (lack of patience also), I run a company where I work with dependent and delinquent kids so saying giving the money to a good cause doesn't apply (trust me I do my part to better society).I spend $500 dollars to get my wife a Coach purse so what if I spend $200 for a record. I read these boards and to many people comment on stupid shit when if the guy who is selling it becomes extremely happy and the person recieving it becomes happy, then who cares. No wait, I am running up the market value or there are other bidders running up on what I am willing to pay so there is a somewhat demand and now some other seller can make a good amount on it if they chose. Fair to those who want it, no, but with a supply of 500 that is what it is. Wait till you wee what I am willing to pay for those Smashing Pumpkins 3LP on ebay.

For BenchWarmer: If I lose the bid, then I would be more then willing to give $200 plus priority mail shipping through paypal. Just pm me if you see I lose.

Quick question for bonus, who cares how much this guy (me) buys it for? I am new to this game, I have more money then I need to have, I want a record just because I want it (lack of patience also), I run a company where I work with dependent and delinquent kids so saying giving the money to a good cause doesn't apply (trust me I do my part to better society).I spend $500 dollars to get my wife a Coach purse so what if I spend $200 for a record. I read these boards and to many people comment on stupid shit when if the guy who is selling it becomes extremely happy and the person recieving it becomes happy, then who cares. No wait, I am running up the market value or there are other bidders running up on what I am willing to pay so there is a somewhat demand and now some other seller can make a good amount on it if they chose. Fair to those who want it, no, but with a supply of 500 that is what it is. Wait till you wee what I am willing to pay for those Smashing Pumpkins 3LP on ebay.

For BenchWarmer: If I lose the bid, then I would be more then willing to give $200 plus priority mail shipping through paypal. Just pm me if you see I lose.

good for you. I'm just jealous that I don't have $200-300 in expendable cash for records. TMFW is a damn fine record anyways.

it's more about how many other good records still in print you can have elsewhere than how you should spend your money on ebay.

That just make no sense at all to pay 200€ for a piece of plastic. But well, if you're richer than rich, and got enough money to spend on this, go on and be lucky with.

That's just sad. Sad to see that ebay drives the people mad to spend more than 20$ on a record.

Oh, hey. People spend tons of money on silly things all the time. I went to Game 7 of the Sox/Indians ALCS and Game 2 of the World Series and was surrounded by people who paid $1,000+ to watch a 3 hour baseball game.

I've been selling off a lot of my collection lately and don't feel bad when kids shell out big bucks. I know someone who paid $50 for an old soul record and turned around and sold it for $3,000. I doubt he was feeling too bad about that. I know some bands get mad when people sell their stuff for big money, but Lucero knows they can sell WAY more than 500 copies of this record, so why don't they press more?

PS - after this I'm probably going to sell Saves The Day "I'm Sorry I'm Leaving" 7" and possibly Cave-In "Beyond Hypothermia" LP.