Broken Social Scene S/T and You Forgot It In People repress on color vinyl

Update: these arrived in the warehouse today....in bad shape. Thanks SONY. It takes talent to ship 500 2xLPs stacked flat instead of vertical and subsequently we have a decent chunk of the first few boxes we inspected with everything from seam splits, creased jackets, warped 180g vinyl ect. Double LP 180g vinyl shoved in a single pocket LP jacket (not the ones with a 1/16th-1/8th of an inche allowance, the ones for single LPs)...some of them have the glue for the jackets have popped loose from them sitting and shipping improperly. This title will probably be delayed, yet again, due to SONY's complete inompetence. Possibility that these just got a LOT more limited.

when he said this title will probably be delayed 2 days before 9/11 I think it is safe to say they have been delayed at least past that date.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to keep bumping the thread, thanks for the info Birdwell. You seem to be the go to on this. Went for 3 hour trip each way to catch a ballgame earlier, kinda tired and ordered a copy from my phone while eating dinner. Thought they were both pressed by now. I guess I'll just email them and see if I can switch the order to YFIP and then order S/T later since it isn't even out yet.

Thanks, I checked both of my vinyl haunts out the past week but I'll say something next time I'm in. I already emailed them (EF) and if they can send me YFIP then that's the direction I asked to go. I know these were both delayed already, I guess I was naive and thought they both were released already. I can grab a copy of S/T when they go on sale. I just have a few extra bills this week and if YFIP is that limited and on sale already, why not? 

YFIIP sounds great, and I dig the purple color. Sucks they crammed 2LP's in a single gatefold, though, resulting in slight separation in various places. Disappointing for a $27 album...

unfortunately the original pressing is the same as this. When I had originally received it, I thought theres no way 2 LPs are in here... sure enough though.

unfortunately the original pressing is the same as this. When I had originally received it, I thought theres no way 2 LPs are in here... sure enough though.

I keep all my albums in protective outer poly sleeves with the LPs behind the jacket... Solves this issue and prevents ringwear or other shelf wear. Also easier to take out and put away after playing.

The reasoning for keeping it outside the jacket is for easy retrieval when you want to play it (some have a tight fit in the jacket, and getting the sleeve containing the record in and out of it can be slightly annoying), and also so the record isn't pressing against the jacket over time and causing ring wear. I just like to keep my stuff in good shape as much as possible, in case something becomes a rarity and I become poor and have to sell it.