Broken Social Scene S/T and You Forgot It In People repress on color vinyl

Word.  Reading back on that post, I realize that ! made things a little more emphatic than I meant it.   Was just surprised (though not that surprised considering it's Amoeba) to see so many copies in one store.    I'm guessing there was originally 10 ordered.

Edit:  Also, I just listened to this all the way through and the sound quality is quite good.   Couple clicks and pops here and there but the mastering itself is solid.   And as I expected (based off  what people here were saying), the packaging is top notch.   Gorgeous variant and fun art work on the inner sleeves.

One other thing, the sleeves on this version are very similar to the sleeves on the original copy of YFIP I own (thin and delicate).  When I purchased that one, the seams were split on both sleeves even though the previous owner had managed to keep the records themselves in great condition.   So I'd recommend buying generic sleeves of some kind to keep these in.

Has anybody seen any copies of You Forgot it In People still available online? (or willing to help out a Canadian).

If you don't need the colour variant you can always grab it from their home label... http://www.galleryac.com/music/vinyl/bss-you-forgot-it-in-people.html

Good prices and decent cost of shipping for Canadians. You can also just pick it up from them if you are in TO.

• 2 weeks later...

One other thing, the sleeves on this version are very similar to the sleeves on the original copy of YFIP I own (thin and delicate).  When I purchased that one, the seams were split on both sleeves even though the previous owner had managed to keep the records themselves in great condition.   So I'd recommend buying generic sleeves of some kind to keep these in.

This is easily solved with my method of keeping the jacket and sleeve containing the record separate in a poly bag. Also reduces ring wear, and makes it quicker/easier to pull a record out.

• 1 month later...

Was anyone aware these (self titled) were pressed on black too? I bought one today thinking it was red, and was surprised when I got home. Especially because it was priced as if it was the limited red, at $30. Black is on the label's site for $18. Kinda pissed.

I thought they were the same too. When I contacted the label, they told me the colours were a US exclusive.

Those black pressings have been around for 10 years or so. I, too, almost snagged a black copy when I walked in the store (I actually thought I had caught a deal with the $30 price, since I paid ~$35 for YFIIP). The black copies I saw weren't in shrink--could you return it?

Those black pressings have been around for 10 years or so. I, too, almost snagged a black copy when I walked in the store (I actually thought I had caught a deal with the $30 price, since I paid ~$35 for YFIIP). The black copies I saw weren't in shrink--could you return it?

Yeah I'm gonna return it tomorrow and continue my hunt for a red copy.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for reopening an old thread but can anyone tell me about the You Forget It In People purple vinyl?

I walked into a store a couple of days ago and the sticker said it was the color version. I popped it open and it looked black so I just assumed that it was mislabeled. For those that own the purple, does it look black unless you're holding it up to light? I thought I had a pretty good look at it but now I'm not so sure. I'm thinking I made a mistake by passing on it and can't get back to that shop for several days. 

13 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

Apologies for reopening an old thread but can anyone tell me about the You Forget It In People purple vinyl?

I walked into a store a couple of days ago and the sticker said it was the color version. I popped it open and it looked black so I just assumed that it was mislabeled. For those that own the purple, does it look black unless you're holding it up to light? I thought I had a pretty good look at it but now I'm not so sure. I'm thinking I made a mistake by passing on it and can't get back to that shop for several days. 

Mine was a very dark purple