Broken Social Scene S/T and You Forgot It In People repress on color vinyl

17 hours ago, Subdomestic said:

I listen to my purple YFIIP pretty often and it sounds great to me.

Still trying to find a red s/t, if anyone knows where to find one or is willing to part with theirs.

Good to know.  I guess the hunt is one.  Someone feel free to hit me up if they spot a nice lead on a purple YFIIP.

To answer your question, I'd probably just keep my eyes peeled on Discogs.  One went up for $30 about a month, unplayed condition.  I think there was one floating around on eBay for $50 as well, but I'm sure you could score one cheaper with a bit of patience.

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Good to know.  I guess the hunt is one.  Someone feel free to hit me up if they spot a nice lead on a purple YFIIP.

To answer your question, I'd probably just keep my eyes peeled on Discogs.  One went up for $30 about a month, unplayed condition.  I think there was one floating around on eBay for $50 as well, but I'm sure you could score one cheaper with a bit of patience.

I saw the one on eBay. Shipping to Canada is $30 US which just adds insult to injury to the fact this pressing wasn't released in Canada in the first place.

I messaged simple_torture so hopefully they can help me out.

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

If the store I went to has the purple like I think they might, I'll ask if they have any more. Will pick an additional one up if that's the case. I only saw one when I went though. I should be back there on Sunday to check.

20 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

If the store I went to has the purple like I think they might, I'll ask if they have any more. Will pick an additional one up if that's the case. I only saw one when I went though. I should be back there on Sunday to check.

That would be incredibly awesome of you.  Not holding my breath or anything but I truly appreciate the notion.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

That would be incredibly awesome of you.  Not holding my breath or anything but I truly appreciate the notion.

You got it.

One of the things that drew me to this board was the sense of community. If I can help anyone out here I'm more than happy to. I'll keep you updated.

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

For anyone still looking for a fancied colored version:

https://app.vinylmeplease.com/products/featured-exclusives/broken-social-scene-you-forgot-it-in-people

Doubt this will last long.

That variant looks identical to the one Arts and Crafts released several years ago.  Seems a little odd when they repress the same variant years later.  

4 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

That variant looks identical to the one Arts and Crafts released several years ago.  Seems a little odd when they repress the same variant years later.  

Completely agree, I found this to be very strange myself. I have that one and it's almost black, the purple is so dark. This one looks to be very similar.

1 hour ago, simple_torture said:

I still occasionally see the red YFIIP in record stores.

There was a red YFIIP variant?  I had no idea.  Are you sure you’re not mixing it up with the S/T?

Huge shoutout to pepperonigin for posting the link so early.  It was the one BSS record I was missing on colored vinyl, and arguably my favorite.  Can’t believe it sold out so quick.  I was struggling with the checkout button as well and had to swap to a desktop to make it happen.

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

There was a red YFIIP variant?  I had no idea.  Are you sure you’re not mixing it up with the S/T?

I definitely mixed those up, my bad. It's the red S/T that I occasionally see around. Don't know if I've ever seen the purple YFIIP in stores.

16 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Huge shoutout to pepperonigin for posting the link so early.  It was the one BSS record I was missing on colored vinyl, and arguably my favorite.  Can’t believe it sold out so quick. 

Happy to help, I hope everyone who was after it got one. I was lucky enough to grab one of the previous purple pressings from a VCer a few months ago. God bless this forum. 

This thread bump inspired me to dust off some BSS and I found out they're releasing a new EP on Feb 15.

https://shop.arts-crafts.ca/collections/featured-items/products/broken-social-scene-lets-try-the-after

Not sure if there's a vinyl/physical release so I thought I'd let people know here instead of a new thread.

• 2 months later...