[PO Now!] Silversun Pickups - Better Nature (Out 9/25/15)

• 3 weeks later...

Silversun are one of my favorites but I'm a little disappointed. Neck of the Woods is my least favorite by them and this song sounds like it was ripped straight from that album. I was hoping releasing this completely independently would mean this album was a little more raw. I think I just don't like how Jackknife produces the band. Still excited for the album, though.

I hate that new song so much. And I hate that not everyone hates the song like me. And I hate that people are encouraging them to make crap songs like this by not hating it as much as I do. And I hate that these guys have made such incredible music in the past & release a trash song like this.

HATEHATEHATEHATE

Yes I'm very close-minded about this. I'm convinced they'll never make a truly great album. Even if the rest of the album is incredible, this song is so bad I can't like it.

I hate that new song so much. And I hate that not everyone hates the song like me. And I hate that people are encouraging them to make crap songs like this by not hating it as much as I do. And I hate that these guys have made such incredible music in the past & release a trash song like this.

HATEHATEHATEHATE

Yes I'm very close-minded about this. I'm convinced they'll never make a truly great album. Even if the rest of the album is incredible, this song is so bad I can't like it.

false-stamp.png

This song doesn't feel like an evolution at all. All of the dynamics of their best stuff have been stripped away & I feel like we're left with bare bones, generic radio rock. I'm all for bands evolving & reinventing their sound, but this sounds like cookie-cutter "let's make a single" stuff that any band out there can make. "The Royal We" just came on my Spotify mix & I can't believe that band made this song.

I just can't wrap my head around the appeal of "Nightlife".

Oh well. I seem to be in the minority here.

So Silversun Pickups just announced 4 shows at the Hollywood Forever Masonic Lodge: 

September 27 – The Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever – Los Angeles, CA

September 28 – The Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever – Los Angeles, CA

September 29 – The Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever – Los Angeles, CA

September 30 – The Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever – Los Angeles, CA

I may be overthinking it but, with the Observatory show in Santa Ana having already been announced, I can't help but ponder if these are full album shows. One album per night ending with the new album in full. I dunno, I'm probably wrong... But I'll have to try to score the first 2 nights as an insurance policy. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...