Nadja / Aidan Baker / related - catch all thread

6 hours ago, Mourning Wood said:

I did not get it, but I promise you it's not 1/1.  

I snagged Already Drowning TP 2 years ago,  and they said 1/1 "no more to be released to the public' -- and then last year they put up another, which sat there a good while, when Gizeh  did a 50% off sale at the holidays, and I got the one :lol:

They probably get 5: one for the band, one for the label, and the other 3 for emergency cash flow

If anyone is interested in the spare I got, just message me and I can discount the price listed on discogs...

I also got my copy this week, and haven't had time to take pictures - really nice print #16/50 and solid vinyl.

I listened to the download and so far I like Tracks 1,2 (side 1) > Track 3 (side 2) which is 34 minutes!!!

The bonus track is 22 minutes and not as engaging as side 1.

I will definitely be cleaning and playing the vinyl this weekend and try to post some pictures here.

On 11/4/2016 at 4:40 PM, Mourning Wood said:

LOL. The whole test pressing thing is such a racket. :rolleyes::angry:

I resisted for a couple of years before caving in for test pressings, but New Year's resolution is to be super selective henceforth (NOT my word, racist, haha).

The limited editions, multicolored vinyl, autographed, release show variants, special art, hand-sewn liners, ....LOL = 'the market'

Slightly above beanie babies ;)

mk0WX9W.jpg?1

#16/50 ;):P 

edited: perfect hand/camera shadow on the vinyl!

Edited by drds89

• 2 months later...

New Aidan Baker collab with Claire Brentnall.  Really enjoyed the song, think I'll pick this up when I get paid.

http://www.gizehstore.com/products/aidan-baker-w-claire-brentnall-delirious-things?variant=32835799887

Delirious Things is an exploration of Aidan Baker's interest in 80s-influenced cold-wave, shoegaze, and synth-pop from such recording artists as Factory Records' Durutti Column, Joy Division, and Section 25 and 4AD's Cocteau Twins and This Mortal Coil. Combining song-oriented tracks with abstract interludes, the primary instrument on Delirious Things is a 1980s Casio synthesizer, rather than Baker's usual guitar, though the synth is processed through his usual guitar effect pedals, creating heavy, layered washes of droning synth sounds overlaying electronic rhythms and pulsing bass lines. Baker is joined by guest vocalist Claire Brentnall (Shield Patterns) whose voice is reminiscent of Liz Fraser and Kate Bush but still distinctly her own.

7 hours ago, jonrawks said:

New Aidan Baker collab with Claire Brentnall.  Really enjoyed the song, think I'll pick this up when I get paid.

http://www.gizehstore.com/products/aidan-baker-w-claire-brentnall-delirious-things?variant=32835799887

Dang, I was hoping this would be a pass, but Claire's vocals with that 'granular ambience' of those influences AB listed just pried open my wallet for the PO.  

Vinyl is only $21,49 ppd with the Cando beaten down so hard. Supposed to be out in less than 2 weeks as well!

• 1 month later...

A bit older, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.  I just finished listening to it and I think it's one my favorite things he's done under his own name.  B-side drags a bit, but overall real enjoyable.

Aidan Baker - Souvenirs Of The Eternal Present CS

https://anthemrecords.bandcamp.com/album/aidan-baker-souvenirs-of-the-eternal-present

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 11:55 AM, jonrawks said:

I got the email last week and just getting some time to check it. Looks like AB has been working OT behind the scenes, as prolific as ever. 

Wow, a live improv. It seems like musical geniuses hit a certain point in their career where the real 'thrill' or 'challenge' is recording something totally improptu. In the digital age maybe a bit less risky than days of my youth, but still, I have to say the track they posted is very promising.

14 minutes ago, drds89 said:

I got the email last week and just getting some time to check it. Looks like AB has been working OT behind the scenes, as prolific as ever. 

Wow, a live improv. It seems like musical geniuses hit a certain point in their career where the real 'thrill' or 'challenge' is recording something totally improptu. In the digital age maybe a bit less risky than days of my youth, but still, I have to say the track they posted is very promising.

Yeah, even with Nadja's output slowing down, he seems to still be doing  a fair amount under his own name.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
4 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

So Nadja - Autopergamene looks to be getting pressed as a 2xLP by Throne records sometime in 2018.

3 hours ago, jonrawks said:

One of my favorite Nadja releases.  Going to be interesting to see how they split it up to make it fit.

Excellent news! Great point Jonathan, I hadn't thought about that since I listen to it on digital - I don't have the CD box set. Hmmm. Very interesting indeed. :wacko:

Looks like Skin Turns To Glass as well - 2xLP

Edited by drds89
because i really need to go home, grab a beer and put some Nadja on

3 hours ago, jonrawks said:

One of my favorite Nadja releases.  Going to be interesting to see how they split it up to make it fit.

14 minutes ago, drds89 said:

Excellent news! Great point Jonathan, I hadn't thought about that since I listen to it on digital - I don't have the CD box set. Hmmm. Very interesting indeed. :wacko:

Looks like Skin Turns To Glass as well - 2xLP

Yeah super psyched... Nadja has been quiet lately.

• 3 weeks later...