Nadja / Aidan Baker / related - catch all thread

For what is worth, I think that Infinite Light release is brilliant. The music is subtle and serene with hints of unease - pretty different from much of AB's catalogue (at lease what I've heard).  For me it is a great late night listen.  I also love the artwork and think the Brown/Black version (which I have) adds to the overall presentation.

I listened to this twice today and it didn't do much for me either time.  The tracks with vocals at the beginning were good, but after that it seemed really directionless.  I'll give it a few more listens throughout the week, but I'm not so sure if it'll grow on me much.

I listened to this twice today and it didn't do much for me either time.  The tracks with vocals at the beginning were good, but after that it seemed really directionless.  I'll give it a few more listens throughout the week, but I'm not so sure if it'll grow on me much.

ha! interesting in that I barely made it through the vocals of the first track, but persevered -- and a couple of the instrumentals sounded really good to me -- but overall l wasn't smitten tbh.  I'll also revisit it.  There is a /100 Clear version on discogs for $10 which is great if this hits your sweet spot.

ha! interesting in that I barely made it through the vocals of the first track, but persevered -- and a couple of the instrumentals sounded really good to me -- but overall l wasn't smitten tbh.  I'll also revisit it.  There is a /100 Clear version on discogs for $10 which is great if this hits your sweet spot.

I really like Boduf Songs and the vocal tracks are most similar to his work.  I was kind of hoping this would be Boduf Songs with a nice Nadja dirge to it :)

So it goes.  I`d imagine many people weren't too smitten, which is why the copies that are still out there are relatively cheap.

Going back to that mood conversation again - yesterday I was enjoying listening to Infinite Light as I was typing my comment, but today I can't get into it.  Different day, different mood :) 

So it goes. I`d imagine many people weren't too smitten, which is why the copies that are still out there are relatively cheap.

Going back to that mood conversation again - yesterday I was enjoying listening to Infinite Light as I was typing my comment, but today I can't get into it. Different day, different mood :)

Yeah, I will give it a listen again in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Nadja, "Tabernanthe": https://nadja.bandcamp.com/album/tabernanthe

How did I miss the /25 Cassette on E/C??? Never saw anything on social media, I must have skimmed over a tweet :crying:  :(

Not on discogs either...

This is the kind of zone I definitely get drawn into -  the theme is reminiscent of The Angelic Process (but instrumental and without the doom drum cadence)

Not very creative playing one track forward and backwards, but the price is right :)

d/l now.

New Nadja, "Tabernanthe": https://nadja.bandcamp.com/album/tabernanthe

How did I miss the /25 Cassette on E/C??? Never saw anything on social media, I must have skimmed over a tweet :crying: :(

Not on discogs either...

This is the kind of zone I definitely get drawn into - the theme is reminiscent of The Angelic Process (but instrumental and without the doom drum cadence)

Not very creative playing one track forward and backwards, but the price is right :)

d/l now.

Thanks for the tip on this.

• 2 weeks later...

How did I miss the /25 Cassette on E/C??? Never saw anything on social media, I must have skimmed over a tweet :crying: :(

Not on discogs either...

This is the kind of zone I definitely get drawn into - the theme is reminiscent of The Angelic Process (but instrumental and without the doom drum cadence)

d/l now.

Seriously, it is borderline criminal that only 25 of these exist.

Holding my breath for a vinyl release.

I'll settle for the digital stream . . . I have no use for cassettes.  I do like this release though.

They posted this on FB yesterday:

We suppose some of you might've noticed that we didn't have a new full-length release in 2015...and that our ep "Songs For Wong Kar-Wai" (Wist Rec) and cassingle "Tabernanthe" (Envelope Collective) were both super-limited and already both sold out (tho' you can get them digitally, at least). Rest assured, that we will have a new full-length in 2016 on Essence Music (details tba) as well as a vinyl repress of "Queller" on Broken Spine.

In the comments someone asked if they have slowed their output consciously, to which they replied "semi conscious".

I'll settle for the digital stream . . . I have no use for cassettes.  I do like this release though.

They posted this on FB yesterday:

We suppose some of you might've noticed that we didn't have a new full-length release in 2015...and that our ep "Songs For Wong Kar-Wai" (Wist Rec) and cassingle "Tabernanthe" (Envelope Collective) were both super-limited and already both sold out (tho' you can get them digitally, at least). Rest assured, that we will have a new full-length in 2016 on Essence Music (details tba) as well as a vinyl repress of "Queller" on Broken Spine.

In the comments someone asked if they have slowed their output consciously, to which they replied "semi conscious".

I got the CD, but would look forwward to these on vinyl.

Essence Music does things RIGHT, so I am really stoked now w00t! -- they did a fantastic job on Queller and the CD set Autopergamene (which I passed on at the time and regret it). Re: Queller, I can't part with the Blue or Purple art, and really don't need both. Pure vinyl lust, it's a shame I know.

I do have a Test Press for Already Drowning from Gizeh Records if anyone is into that release and would like to PM re: a trade or sale.

• 4 weeks later...

Selling my sealed Denovali /300 Black - 180gm Nadja /Troum Dominium Visurgis LP on ebaY for 0.99, no reserve, low shipping - true auctions

ebay occ offers coupons for selling stuff, so I am letting this one go along with a few other things.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/umakem/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Surprise, AB has put out another one: "Dualism" // First solo of his that I have liked in a while, probably because it sounds like Nadja to my ears.

Just when I was thinking, this guy must just improv and turn the recorder on to be cranking out so many projects, there is an interesting story about the Dualism masters that the label Midira writes here (not going to spoil it): 

http://midirarecords.com/tag/dualism/

Has the link to Soundcloud embedded, and if you want CDs, that's the format for now.

Also on the Bandcamp:

https://aidanbaker.bandcamp.com/album/dualism

Takes its sweet time to get going and never quite hits the noise wall of Nadja, but what you would expect and great background music for doing just about anything.

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not on discogs either...

d/l now.

I was able to procure one of these from Mr Baker!

Nice - did you recently see him play? 

Also, not sure if you guys follow them on fb, but they announced the new press of Queller:

For those of you who missed out on the LP edition of our 2014 album "Queller" (Essence Music), we are re-issuing the album on our own label, Broken Spine Productions...we may even have copies available on our upcoming tour...but, if not, it will be available in our webshop by the end of February.

Edition of 300, 180g vinyl with new label artwork (pictured here) and a single sleeve with a black and white version of the original artwork by Error! Design.

Nice - did you recently see him play?

Also, not sure if you guys follow them on fb, but they announced the new press of Queller:

For those of you who missed out on the LP edition of our 2014 album "Queller" (Essence Music), we are re-issuing the album on our own label, Broken Spine Productions...we may even have copies available on our upcoming tour...but, if not, it will be available in our webshop by the end of February.

Edition of 300, 180g vinyl with new label artwork (pictured here) and a single sleeve with a black and white version of the original artwork by Error! Design.

No he threw one up on discogs

For those of you into tapes:

MIDIRA RECORDS has started taking pre-orders for the cassette release of our live performance of "The Bungled & The Botched" at last year's Moving Noises Festival at Christuskirche Bochum:

http://midirarecords.bigcartel.com/…/nadja-the-bungled-the-…

Release details:
http://midirarecords.com/md-024-nadja-the-bungled-the-botc…/

Stream here:
https://nadja.bandcamp.com/…/the-bungled-the-botched-moving…

No he threw one up on discogs

Congrats! It never even hit my want list search.  Hoping against hope I sent him a PM to see if he happen to have another spare :fingerscrossed:

^ ordered, thanks for sharing!

Edit : looks like a little under $13.00 PPD from Germany.  I am a-ok with this exchange rate :)

Probably my first drone that really clicked - stoked to hear this live version tonight when I get home -- and thanks to Mars for posting. +1 karma point brah

Mine came to $12.44ppd from Germany.  Some US labels are charging up to $10 for CS (not like the SIGE productions with all the swag).

It seems like $5-$7 is about right, unless very limited and labor intensive like this one.  Would be cool to have one of the 30 on tour but not worth bothering a friend in Germany.