Nadja / Aidan Baker / related - catch all thread

OK, so I panicked and got one of the Essence productions: Sv   It says hand-numbered of 119 but I can't find the numbering anywhere d'oh!

Anyone else cave on this? ooohhh, the scrolls! Still need to listen to the CD-r's (live and alt mastering editions) but I was pleasantly surprised.

a1zkCz0.jpg?10Y5lswG.jpg?1SYQbNy1.jpg?1

OK, so I panicked and got one of the Essence productions: Sv It says hand-numbered of 119 but I can't find the numbering anywhere d'oh!

Anyone else cave on this? ooohhh, the scrolls! Still need to listen to the CD-r's (live and alt mastering editions) but I was pleasantly surprised.

a1zkCz0.jpg?10Y5lswG.jpg?1SYQbNy1.jpg?1

Looks awesome... can't wait for mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Almost all Nadja releases discounted up on Kozmik Artifact

http://shop.bilocationrecords.com/navi.php?suchausdruck=nadja&JTLSHOP=186cbe2931bae6340978da40c5981aa6

Still trying to figure out what I think of Guilted By The Sun and Clinging To The Edge Of The Sky

Guilted is heavy and wonderful Nadja doom, sounds great on the White (Roadburn), and if that "Colour" is the /100, 10 euros is a great deal.  I will have to recheck Clinging... couldn't find anything in my journal on that one. That site has some of my favorite Nadja titles; Belle Betes seemed overpriced though, but it's a great album.  Of course, shipping is going to be better for you ....

Guilted is heavy and wonderful Nadja doom, sounds great on the White (Roadburn), and if that "Colour" is the /100, 10 euros is a great deal. I will have to recheck Clinging... couldn't find anything in my journal on that one. That site has some of my favorite Nadja titles; Belle Betes seemed overpriced though, but it's a great album. Of course, shipping is going to be better for you ....

Clinging is so good

Clinging is so good

Today's project while cleaning records....Listen to this one again!

Wow they have Radiance Of Shadows. Easily in my top 3 Nadja records.

Great drone, love it, I only have the Black. Queller and TB&TB are easily my top 2, so many tied for 3rd -  most of my list with the limited variants!!

Today's project while cleaning records....Listen to this one again!

Great drone, love it, I only have the Black. Queller and TB&TB are easily my top 2, so many tied for 3rd - most of my list with the limited variants!!

Right now... Radiance, TB & TB, and Thaumogenesis are my top 3 rounded out by Queller and Autopergamene...

The collab with Black Boned Angel , Christsendlight, is amazing. I keep holding out hope that Desire In Uneasiness will get the vinyl treatment some day.

Right now... Radiance, TB & TB, and Thaumogenesis are my top 3 rounded out by Queller and Autopergamene...

The collab with Black Boned Angel , Christsendlight, is amazing. I keep holding out hope that Desire In Uneasiness will get the vinyl treatment some day.

Ahhh.Clinging.. is so mellow, great! Part of Excision. There are ELEVEN 11 Silver /100 copies on discogs, and a Black for $10 in the US, very tempting.

Yes, agreed on Desire...!  and Thaumogenesis, I ended up getting all 3 variants on that one (collector-itis, The Hobby ), the 2 limited from Ben Nichols' collection. Love it.

Ahhh.Clinging.. is so mellow, great! Part of Excision. There are ELEVEN 11 Silver /100 copies on discogs, and a Black for $10 in the US, very tempting.

Yes, agreed on Desire...! and Thaumogenesis, I ended up getting all 3 variants on that one (collector-itis, The Hobby ), the 2 limited from Ben Nichols' collection. Love it.

Thankfully, I have never been a variant hunter for Nadja; really just grab what I can when I see them... though I have a few tests.

On 30.4.2016 at 11:04 AM, drds89 said:

Guilted is heavy and wonderful Nadja doom, sounds great on the White (Roadburn), and if that "Colour" is the /100, 10 euros is a great deal.  I will have to recheck Clinging... couldn't find anything in my journal on that one. That site has some of my favorite Nadja titles; Belle Betes seemed overpriced though, but it's a great album.  Of course, shipping is going to be better for you ....

On 30.4.2016 at 5:51 PM, GHOSTDRONES said:

Clinging is so good

Great to know. I gave Guilted a listen and really dug it immediately. Went in for a blind buy with Clinging. Surely more than worth it at that price.

After getting that latestNadja/Vampillia record from Throne a while back, it seems I'm decided on a Nadja collection now. Managed to snag Flipper from them as well along with Sunwolf's Beholden... Amazing album by they way, if any of you haven't listened. It's a must have. Collector's edition still available, with an insanely fair price if I may add. US shipping will increase that by a margin of course.

http://thronerecords.bigcartel.com/product/sunwlf-beholden-to-nothing-vinyl-2xlp-gatefold-sleeve-collector-s-edition

8 hours ago, JoshuaNilk said:

Great to know. I gave Guilted a listen and really dug it immediately. Went in for a blind buy with Clinging. Surely more than worth it at that price.

After getting that latestNadja/Vampillia record from Throne a while back, it seems I'm decided on a Nadja collection now. Managed to snag Flipper from them as well along with Sunwolf's Beholden... Amazing album by they way, if any of you haven't listened. It's a must have. Collector's edition still available, with an insanely fair price if I may add. US shipping will increase that by a margin of course.

http://thronerecords.bigcartel.com/product/sunwlf-beholden-to-nothing-vinyl-2xlp-gatefold-sleeve-collector-s-edition

I was just listening to that Sunwolf yesterday, I like what I heard. . .

Guilted is great as well . . .all this talk might just put me on a Ndja kick, it's been a while since I've had one of those :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

As you diehards know, Nadja signed with Gizeh Records (they did AB's Already Drowning), and there is a new release!

Listened on Soundcloud and it really tickles my ears in all the right places.

Only 50 LPs, and the total with 10% discount is $29.50 to the US -not bad, prob due to the GBP conversion,  but it's crazy Monday AM and I'm slacking work here to type this.

55b612688861b9da58662f0b

GZH70 / NADJA - The Stone Is Not Hit By The Sun, Nor Carved With A Knife

Nadja - Stone, Sun, Knife

Pre-orders are now open for Nadja's new album The Stone Is Not Hit By The Sun, Nor Carved With A Knife. It's released November 4th on 180g vinyl, CD and digital.

We have a very limited number of 50 copies of a vinyl edition that comes with an exclusive 12"x12" hand-printed, letterpress print by our friends at Red Plate Press.

As usual we are offering our very loyal newsletter subscribers a 10% discount for the first week of pre-orders. Simply enter the code DROWNTHELIGHT at the checkout to receive your discount. The offer ends on 18.09.16.

Listen to an edit of opening track The Stone here.

Nadja - The Stone
PRE-ORDER VINYL / CD >

Nadja return on November 4th with The Stone Is Not Hit By The Sun, Nor Carved With a Knife - their first release for Gizeh Records. The Canadian/Berlin-based ambient doom duo of Aidan Baker and Leah Buckareff continue their ultra-prolific output with a monolithic record which explores the depths of heavy noisescape-related music. Encompassing distorted riffs and hypnotic rhythms the album sonically attempts to continue on from the more structured elements of the duo’s recent Queller album, coupling that approach with Nadja’s more traditional sprawling, dense and challenging sounds.

The relentless fuzzed-out textures repeat and build into a blissful and cathartic whole - a place to be completely immersed. In the deep, glacial and all-consuming world that Baker and Buckareff provide us with here, there is a will to dissolve, to let the record wash right over you or perhaps even through you. At times crushingly beautiful, Stone, Sun, Knife is brought to life by its clever restraints with quieter interludes serving a perfect purpose against it’s more intense, heavier moments.

The album’s intriguing title comes from a runic inscription on an Icelandic burial stone but the phrase also appears on the Eggja Stone which provided some of the lyrical content on the record.

Nadja have a habit of transcending genres and indeed throughout their career they have been incredibly difficult to pin down. The Stone Is Not Hit By The Sun, Nor Carved With A Knife is a welcome addition to that hefty catalogue and stands up tall against their most impressive work.

CREDITS:
Aidan Baker: guitars, vocals, drum machine
Leah Buckareff: bass guitar
Recorded autumn 2015 at Broken Spine Studios, Berlin
Mastered by James Plotkin
Artwork by Aidan Baker & Richard Knox

TOUR DATES:
22.10 - Oslo (NO), Svarte October Festival
10.11 - Utrecht (NL), Le Guess Who Festival
11.11 - Edinburgh (UK), Bannerman’s
12.11 - Newcastle (UK), GNAW Festival
13.11 - Reading (UK), The Face Bar
15.11 - London (UK), Cafe Oto

Watch a video taken from a recent performance at VOID fest here.

Nadja
  soc_facebook.png    soc_twitter.png    soc_youtube.png 

" Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us.

When we listen to it, we find it fascinating" (John Cage)

Thank you for listening and reading. 
Richard & David // Gizeh HQ

Unsubscribe   

Proudly delivered by
Soundest
   Forward... inline text as attachment       Move to...   Trash    a_A_PREORDERS    a_Band Correspondence    -Adam @ Beware of Safety    -Anders @ YPoFH    -G L A C I E R S    -Giants James Lyle    -Jackie Perez Gratz Grayceon    -Jakob    -Matt Weed @ Rosetta    -Medhi Safa    -Mike Armine @ Rosetta    -Nicolai @ TSMJ    a_Collector Correspondence    -Chris Nail    a_Labels_Dealers Correspondence    -Allen @ Revealed Records    -Christoph @Revolvermann Records    -Dan @ Enemies List    -Jeff @RFC Records    -Midium Records    -Robotic Empire    -The Mylene Sheath    -Thomas @ Doognad Records    -Tom@Hobbledehoy    Christmas Orders    coins    -Coins 3    -coins1    -coins2    Discogs Sales    Downloads    ebaY    Graveface Records    iTunes iPhone    Logins    Show Tickets    Vinyl PreOrders & Orders    Vinyl Supplies     More Actions... View HeadersView Source --------------- Mark Unread Flag Message   
‹ Previous | Next › | « Back to INBOX

New Nadja, don't forget the discount code

:)

• 1 month later...