Fantastic Four 8/7/2015

Deadpool 2/12/2016

XMen: Apocalypse 5/27/2016

Gambit - Delayed Indefinetly 

Wolverine 3 (no title yet) March 2017

Fantastic Four 2 (no title yet) (2017)

Unamed Marvel Movie (possibly New Mutants) July 13, 2018

Edited by Family Friendly Rap God

In short, Marvel sold off movie rights to some of their characters because they were broke. That was before they decided to start making their own movies under Marvel Studios. They just never got those rights back, because it wouldn't make sense financially.

Here's an old infographic that kind of explains who owns what (obviously now the situation is a bit different with spiderman)

marvel-rights_4444x3556.png

In short, Marvel sold off movie rights to some of their characters because they were broke. That was before they decided to start making their own movies under Marvel Studios. They just never got those rights back, because it wouldn't make sense financially.

Here's an old infographic that kind of explains who owns what (obviously now the situation is a bit different with spiderman)

marvel-rights_4444x3556.png

I saw an updated version of this but I can't find it now.

In a perfect world, F4 would fail and fox would sell it back to Marvel. I don't see that happening with Xmen. After the reboot, the last movies have been good

I saw an updated version of this but I can't find it now.

In a perfect world, F4 would fail and fox would sell it back to Marvel. I don't see that happening with Xmen. After the reboot, the last movies have been good

Disney would never do a Rated R Deadpool.

So it's probably good that the X- Universe is with another company

Trailer for the only FF movie that matters.  Apparently they had to hurry up and make movie or the rights reverted back to Marvel so they threw up this hot mess.

I own a bootleg VHS of this. It was never actually released in theaters, but I remember it being advertised all the time in the Marvel Comics Bullpen at the end of the issues.

• 3 weeks later...

it's obvious Fox simply made this movie so it wouldn't fall back into the hands of Marvel, if I'm not mistaken the rights belong to fox as long as they make a F4 movie within a certain time period (this applies to Spider Man as well)

Yup. That's how they got Blade and Ghostrider back