Favorite joke...what's yours?

Dude, if you think this is heated you're really missing the point... I was saying there's no reason to be upset and post a three paragraph response about veganism.

I'm saying "no one cares" as in "no one minds, that you are vegan" I think you are missing the point.

I clearly did miss the point.  I assure you that Ian's joke didn't hurt me, like you said, that joke is old and told all the time.  I didn't realize that posting a three paragraph response about something I had read was out of question ( I bet if I didn't write blood mouths people wouldn't have even commented back. lol ) and people DO actually care I am vegan because people constantly do question where I get my nutrients.

I read something interesting the other day about why blood mouths always tell this joke // the similar 'how do u know a vegan's at your dinner party' joke. 

Many times in my life i've been minding my own business at whatever food event, and just putting vegetables and the etc on my plate, when someone questions why I don't have meat.  I'll say "I don't eat meat / whatever it is they questioned" and they'll say oh are you vegetarian, and I'll say yes... The questions go from where do you get your protein to I could never be vegan I love cheese too much to don't you miss bacon in a matter of moments.  Then someone will tell the above joke and make it seem like I'm the one at fault.

What I read seemed to suggest that the reason blood mouths always bring this up is because when there are no vegans in the room, everyone eats everything and there is no divide . As soon as someone doesn't eat meat is there, there is all of a sudden a divide in who does or doesn't eat something, and the meat eaters realize that they are consciously making the choice to eat meat and they feel they need to feel defensive over their actions.

I don't know if I completely buy this but it does happen to me a lot......

Since this thread is useless anyways I'm glad to have hijacked it :)

I don't get why people care when people are vegan, maybe its because i grew up in the punk circle in high school and had many friends were vegan and i flirted with vegetarian for a while. Personally, i don't give a shit what you are or what you do. Wither its vegan, straight edge, gay, straight, religious, atheist etc etc.

I would never question you for not eating meat. My fiance is a meat eater but when we get Chipotle she gets the veggie bowl. Her niece is veggie and we always do holiday dinners at my house so i make sure to get her tofurkey or make sure there is some sort of veggie option for her.

I just thought it was a funny joke, cause its true.

I clearly did miss the point. I assure you that Ian's joke didn't hurt me, like you said, that joke is old and told all the time. I didn't realize that posting a three paragraph response about something I had read was out of question ( I bet if I didn't write blood mouths people wouldn't have even commented back. lol ) and people DO actually care I am vegan because people constantly do question where I get my nutrients.

I think what rooks is going for is that the joke is about vegans "never shutting the fuck up about it" and now the thread is three pages of vegan discussion. A certain degree of irony there, no?

I respect vegans a lot, but dude you could've just ignored the joke lol, that's like rule #1 of enjoying the Internet

lol it's not that the joke bothered me or anything, I just used as an excuse to talk about it.  Either way, vegans never shut up as it's been pointed out.

@ian - it is very true! people who work out and don't do crossfit are real quick to tell you why crossfit is bad too (whom are just as annoying).

lol it's not that the joke bothered me or anything, I just used as an excuse to talk about it.  Either way, vegans never shut up as it's been pointed out.

@ian - it is very true! people who work out and don't do crossfit are real quick to tell you why crossfit is bad too (whom are just as annoying).

either way people just need to stop preaching their beliefs on others.