Butcha's Meat Thread

Benton's Farm Bacon and Country Ham WILL change your life

Here in BHam there's a small BBQ chain (3 different locations that offer slightly different menus)....one of the best meat items I've ever had, hands-down is there wings. So they smoke the wings to perfection and throw em in a cooler/fridge, upon ordering they're flash-fried then doused in their Red BBQ sauce and drizzled with their White BBQ sauce. I've had plenty other BBQ wings recipes at various places and people's houses....nothing comes close to Saw's

Also....Hot Chicken....fucking hell, Hot Chicken

Benton's Farm Bacon and Country Ham WILL change your life

Here in BHam there's a small BBQ chain (3 different locations that offer slightly different menus)....one of the best meat items I've ever hands-down is there wings. So they smoke the wings to perfection and throw em in a cooler/fridge, upon ordering they're flash-fried then doused in their Red BBQ sauce and drizzled with their White BBQ sauce. I've had plenty other BBQ wings recipes at various places and people's houses....nothing comes close to Saw's

Also....Hot Chicken....fucking hell, Hot Chicken

Bentons bacon is seriously one of the best things Iv ever put in my mouth. Every few months I usually shell out the $30-40 and get them to ship me some. It really is life changing.

Bentons bacon is seriously one of the best things Iv ever put in my mouth. Every few months I usually shell out the $30-40 and get them to ship me some. It really is life changing.

It's nice living in a relatively close proximity to them...and having a friend who's a butcher....it's kind of incredible how great Benton's meat is....and I certainly don't take it for granted

Fat=flavor.

I still vividly remember the best steak I ever had (which led me to the hospital because it caused a gall bladder attack) and I remember looking down at my plate and there wasn't a scrap left. I was like Jesus, I ate everything, all the fat and gristle. Come to find out animal fats can trigger a gall bladder attack. But it was so good.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I only get steak rare or medium rare, sometimes medium depending on the cut and if I know the person cooking knows what they're doing.

Also, have any of y'all ever tried any kind of beef or fish tataki-style? Salt and pepper the meat, sear on high heat for a minute or less on each side, mix up a citrus marinade, then slice the meat thin and pour the marinade on top. Goddamn delicious.

Personally, I only get steak rare or medium rare, sometimes medium depending on the cut and if I know the person cooking knows what they're doing.

Also, have any of y'all ever tried any kind of beef or fish tataki-style? Salt and pepper the meat, sear on high heat for a minute or less on each side, mix up a citrus marinade, then slice the meat thin and pour the marinade on top. Goddamn delicious.

I have had this! But with fish. And it was delicious.