Deafheaven - New Bermuda

I don't know if it's just because it's a public announcement (pertaining to vehicles / transportation) that loops, or if there's more to it... but I like it. It's a lot less tiresome and forced than the "drug deal" on Sunbather.

It def gives it an awesome vibe. It's a traffic report on the GW bridge in NY.

And God I think this album is fantastic. Can't wait for the vinyl to arrive.

Happy I didn't preorder. This album is not worth the money they ask for it. As much I like "Sunbather" and it's approachability, "New Bermuda" is too much for me. Now it is truly black metal for Pitchfork readers. The vocals taken upfront sound just funny, the guitar is rediculous. Generally the production is too clear and too wide. It fits the softy parts but ruins the fast parts for me. And let's be honest the tracks are not that catchy as those from "Sunbather" which were class of it's own. Now everyone read echos of The Cure, Deftones, MBV. Why? Cause you heard it before.

The bar was set high, very high. This is just average, decent album, 5/10. Not enough to pull the trigger.

Happy I didn't preorder. This album is not worth the money they ask for it. As much I like "Sunbather" and it's approachability, "New Bermuda" is too much for me. Now it is truly black metal for Pitchfork readers. The vocals taken upfront sound just funny, the guitar is rediculous. Generally the production is too clear and too wide. It fits the softy parts but ruins the fast parts for me. And let's be honest the tracks are not that catchy as those from "Sunbather" which were class of it's own. Now everyone read echos of The Cure, Deftones, MBV. Why? Cause you heard it before.

The bar was set high, very high. This is just average, decent album, 5/10. Not enough to pull the trigger.

black metal ---- catchy ---- ????

tumblr_inline_mmb0uuze851qz4rgp.gif

Right, there was a Cure-riff in there somewhere.. that was insanely good. Next morning, next listen. I'll blast this at work today and see how it grows on me. There's like three parts across the whole album I can remember vividly today, and they all rule. 

note to self: Don't blast a highly anticipated new album right after listening to Lack Long After and being depressed like shit because of it. 

But I also take my "first listen" experience pretty seriously, for what it's worth.

I am so with you on this. It's more of a 'first date'-experience for me. I even put my best pair of black jeans on (no joke).

I even put my best pair of black jeans on (no joke).

There can be no other way.

I'm convinced that "every" song – yes, all 5 of them – undeniably brings something fresh and memorable to the table.  I personally can't get over how gorgeous those instrumental jams are; they teeter on the edge of post-rock and I love it.  The flow of each song also makes me think that they were written with live shows in mind (more than ever), too.  Seriously, these are all going to be insane to see performed in person.  I'm doing everything in my power to pace myself with it at the moment, 'cause the replay value is there in spades, personally.

I ordered one of these. Given that it was revealed that some of the US variants didn't come with the deluxe sleeve but were listed as such, do you guys reckon that this will be the same? The sleeve looks incredible, and I want to make sure I get a copy. 

http://sargenthouse.awesomedistro.com/products/559476-deafheaven-new-bermuda-cd-lp-preorder

I ordered one of these. Given that it was revealed that some of the US variants didn't come with the deluxe sleeve but were listed as such, do you guys reckon that this will be the same? The sleeve looks incredible, and I want to make sure I get a copy. 

http://sargenthouse.awesomedistro.com/products/559476-deafheaven-new-bermuda-cd-lp-preorder

As this is band exclusive, I am quite confident this one will be just as described; also the band specifically described it as a Deluxe Double LP in the Facebook post I saw. I have ordered it too for the packaging, but have also ordered the EU Green one. Will be interesting to see which one sounds better.

As this is band exclusive, I am quite confident this one will be just as described; also the band specifically described it as a Deluxe Double LP in the Facebook post I saw. I have ordered it too for the packaging, but have also ordered the EU Green one. Will be interesting to see which one sounds better.

Cool, thanks. The thing looks like a damn painting, I'm looking forward to get it in the post. That green looks sweet too.

Does anyone know of a US link to purchase this? My bank doesn't allow foreign orders.

Would def appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

I feel like we're all being had and ALL variants are going to have the same sleeve. 

Every description looks the same and says blah blah embossed and sculptural. 

WHere does it say otherwise?

I don't think it's the same in the US, but in the UK most stores (including the official Deafheaven ones) describe a deluxe and a standard sleeve.

People pooping their pants about a bumpy cover? Oh yeah, VC.

To be fair, it does look incredible.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/114752-deafheaven-new-bermuda/?p=2361444