Without deluxe cover:

With deluxe cover:

• 500x Black
  • 500x Blue
  • 500x Yellow
  • 1500x Translucent Green
  • 1500x Violet

Am I missing something?

What is missing here is the information which cut (deadwax stuff) these presses actually are. The EU deluxe black is actually a USA cut. I havent checked discogs (because its a mess) but I think there is a chance its actually exactly the same as the USA black deluxe. 

What is missing here is the information which cut (deadwax stuff) these presses actually are. The EU deluxe black is actually a USA cut. I havent checked discogs (because its a mess) but I think there is a chance its actually exactly the same as the USA black deluxe. 

This is what I think, too. KRM Europe (the source in the EU where you could get the Deluxe Black right from the start) always said on the product page that it was a US import.

Alright, i got a chance to compare the EU/US black deluxe and the regular cover EU black (180g) with very good headphones today and the sound differences are pretty huge. 

The EU cut is easily 10%-15% louder, has a lot more higher end but is also a lot more distorted (in a bad way). I would even say that couple of parts/songs are even unlistenable because of the insane distortion going on. I think this was cut straight from the CD and the deluxe has a totally different master for the vinyl. I didnt have to desperately hear these differences, they are blatantly in your face as soon you put the stylus on.

I also think its kind of worrying that so few people have mentioned this so far. 

Alright, i got a chance to compare the EU/US black deluxe and the regular cover EU black (180g) with very good headphones today and the sound differences are pretty huge.

The EU cut is easily 10%-15% louder, has a lot more higher end but is also a lot more distorted (in a bad way). I would even say that couple of parts/songs are even unlistenable because of the insane distortion going on. I think this was cut straight from the CD and the deluxe has a totally different master for the vinyl. I didnt have to desperately hear these differences, they are blatantly in your face as soon you put the stylus on.

I also think its kind of worrying that so few people have mentioned this so far.

Couple things real quick..

Most people don't have a decent set-up and don't care nearly enough to think about such things.

Of those who do care for hi-fi and do think about these things, only a small percentage has EU and US copies to cross-listen for the sake of comparison.

Lastly, I wholeheartedly and kindly disagree. I have a US copy and all EU variants and find the 180g black EU to be vastly superior to the US violet. I don't have a US black though, but it is my understanding that the EU deluxe black is identical to the US one. The possibility of the EU variants being cut from CD while the US ones have a proper vinyl-master is pretty much non-existing and doesn't make any sense.

The deadwax are different for the EU and US variants, so of course its very possible that different masters were used, since the sound is very different on these. This has happened many-many times before with other artists, but mainly when tapes were used (master tapes werent sent to EU or vice versa and thats why the end product wasnt always the same). 

Also, I havent followed when each of these were released (but I know there were a lot of delays), so its also possible that the first ones are from a CD master and the later ones (like the EU black deluxe which was released in 2016), are with a different master.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, axotyl said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deafheaven-New-Bermuda-Vinyl-New-045778743100-/131819202631?hash=item1eb1096847&_sid=2048038

9.99 w/ free shipping if anyone is looking to grab this on the cheap. not sure what variant.

I made one of my buddies buy a copy from HT when they had the $10 sale. Too good to pass up for $10. 

On 8/22/2016 at 2:42 PM, jhulud said:

Kerry commented on his FB that they're working out future headlining dates to hit some of the more major cities. So don't lose hope just yet.

That's great to hear. Thanks for letting me know. (I always miss news on FB, cause I don't use it. Haha.)

4 hours ago, axotyl said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deafheaven-New-Bermuda-Vinyl-New-045778743100-/131819202631?hash=item1eb1096847&_sid=2048038

9.99 w/ free shipping if anyone is looking to grab this on the cheap. not sure what variant.

Grabbed, high five for finding