PO Now: Sigur Ros "Takk" Repress

Finally getting around to listening to this. The thing that hits me first is the great thump, the low end is thick and textured, unlike possibly any other record I own. Top that off the chimes/bell things on the first track, then that voice, wowzers. I can now hear what everyone has been raving about.

This baby sounds pretty damn awesome. Sad to see some seem splits on the inner sleeves but still worth every penny. Splits don't bother me as much as others, and frankly I'm used to it given I order a ton of items through the mail. 

Glad to finally have one of my bucket list records in my hands. I have a second copy coming in my Dec VMP package so I will see if I have splits on that version and gift the better looking one to a friend who I think would be into Sigur Ros. It's a great introductory record to the band given it contains some poppy elements. 

yep, still need to acquire a poly sleeve that fits the whole thing.

This. I'm kinda leaning toward some bags though, if anyone can recommend a brand/site to go through. I need some for those two recent Atmosphere reissues, Takk, and a couple smaller box sets if they'll fit.

Aye, I need something that fits! If anyone can recommend anything please do.

There's a chain of stores called The Exchange in my area, and they have every record, new or used, in a thick sleeve. I used one and it fits. 

I've asked them before what kind they have, and they say they just get them in unmarked boxes every week or so, so I don't know what brand they are, but if anyone else has an Exchange near them and knows, maybe they can share.

• 1 month later...

Posted this in another forum, but I will put this here too: 

Alright, I finally ordered this from elusivedisc (to Europe). I actually bought two copies and asked them to choose these from different boxes so if there is a non-fill problem its not on both. I dont know if they did, but judging by the slight dishing on one of the copy, they must have.

But it turns out there is a scratch on Se Lest (B1) and its exactly the same place on my two copies. Is it possible that the lacquer was scratched? If so, this must be the same on hundreds or thousands of copies. The scratch is not easy to see (actually you need the best available light) but on playback its evident (clicking, pretty loud on both speakers) - its in the middle of the song, the quiet part with the keys and Jonsi singing, lasts about a minute or so. Its not on the CD, its definitely a scratch.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...