PO: Beta Band - The Three EPs (separately) - RP

Saw today that Champion Versions, The Patty Patty Sound and Los Amigos del Beta Bandidos--compiled on "The Three EPs" of High Fidelity fame--are getting (another) repress, this time in the U.S.

Release date is September 3/4.

Originals and even the 2013 RSD UK reissues are pricey (particularly Champion Versions), so very happy to add these to the collection at a good price.

A sampling of the available sites for preorders:

Bullmoose ($14/each)

CCMusic ($12.50/each)

Amazon (Prime-eligible; $15/each)

Is there a press release for these at all?  Wondering what stock is going to be like....

Haven't seen one, but now that I'm searching around a bit, I see they're available from tons of independent stores, and even on Amazon (Prime-eligible).

Assume there is going to be plenty of stock.

Haven't seen one, but now that I'm searching around a bit, I see they're available from tons of independent stores, and even on Amazon (Prime-eligible).

Assume there is going to be plenty of stock.

Totally.  Someone has got to be able to find a killer deal on a site with a working coupon.  Bueller...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Because Music 4LP reissue/remaster. It's gonna be mine!

"Because Music presents a 20th anniversary remaster and reissue of The Three EPs, a compilation of The Beta Band's early music, dating from 1997-1998. Arguably one of the most acclaimed and loved bands of the past 20 years, by both fans and their musical peers alike, The Beta Band formed in St. Andrews, Scotland, in 1996. Their unique musical and aesthetic approach to everything they did set them far apart from their musical contemporaries. Together for a relatively short period of time, the three albums and three EPs that they released between 1996 and 2004 would nonetheless help define them as one of the most exciting and cherished bands of their generation. After acquiring the Beta Band's catalog in 2017, Because Music reissue the first in a series of releases, starting with The Three EPs. A deluxe vinyl edition gathering the EPs: Champion Versions (1997) on red vinyl, The Patty Patty Sound(1998) on two yellow vinyl, and Los Amigos Del Beta Bandidos(1998) on blue vinyl. Remastered tracks; Includes CD."

https://forcedexposure.com/Catalog/beta-band-the-the-three-eps-20th-anniversary-remaster-4lp-cd/BEC.5543617.html

Pitchfork claims: "The Three EPs re-release marks the beginning of a full reissue campaign of the Beta Band’s discography. Their Best of the Beta Band compilation is receiving a reissue on September 14, as well. Later this fall, their debut self-titled full-length will get a re-release on October 12, Hot Shots II on November 16, and their final album, Heroes To Zeroes, on December 14."

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-beta-bands-three-eps-getting-20th-anniversary-reissue/

I already have the underrated s/t and the fantastic Hot Shots II and Heroes to Zeroes kinda sucks so I'll only buy that if I see it on sale.

Edited by arumajiro 零 一つ

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Need Hot Shots 2 and zero to heroes. Don’t need the 3 eps because I have the RSD pressings. But I really like the box.

its a long shot but I hope they do a tour. I’ve seen them twice and they were so great. I’d love to see them again. 

Is there a box I’m not seeing?

12 hours ago, craigeduk said:

Also on pledge music they have a 2lp version of The Three EPS on black vinyl & all of the other albums to preorder including a bundle

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/the-beta-band-anniversary-remasters

Whoa WTF?? 

Deluxe Vinyl Edition includes unreleased album ‘Happiness & Colour / The Hut’ recorded with the original album but never released [First Pressing only]

The Beta Band
- 3 x Vinyl 
- Gatefold Sleeve
- Printed Inners
- Includes CD

The Hut / Happiness & Colour
- 1 x Vinyl 
- 3mm Spine Sleeve, Dustjacket 
- 1 x CD

- Obi Strip holding the two albums together

The Beta Band
A1. The Beta Band Rap
A2. It’s Not Too Beautiful
A3. Simple Boy
B1. Round The Bend
B2. Dance O’er The Border
B3. Brokenupadingdong
C1. Number 15
C2. Smiling
D1. The Hard One
D2. The Cow’s Wrong

Happiness and Colour / The Hut
A1. Happiness and Colour 
B2. The Hut

I really would want that extra LP but I don't want to rebuy the s/t for it. Tweeted Steve Mason and the BB fan Twitter acct in case there's a standalone reissue of it.

44 minutes ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

I really would want that extra LP but I don't want to rebuy the s/t for it. Tweeted Steve Mason and the BB fan Twitter acct in case there's a standalone reissue of it.

Seeing as they have all the LPs up for order already I strongly expect that there won't be a standalone version of it