Man or Astro-Man? - 1000X LP Remastered Reissue

From Touch & Go.

TG167_news.jpg

On October 16th, get ready for round two... Touch and Go Records will reissue the galactic transmission 1000X from Man or Astro-Man? ! After years of searching, deep in the depths, we found enough moon goo to send out another wave of these 10" vinyl space anomalies.

Any group whose ultimate complot centers around escape and exodus from the Planet Earth and conquest of all its indigenous life forms would obviously not release even a minute, trivial link to their master plan. Yet most understandably, the higher-ups of Astro-Tech Inc. realize the need to perpetuate certain conquest propaganda procedures, and thus the possibility of this select Astro-info downlink:

Enter 1000X, originally transmitted in 1997. To human ears, 1000X may sound like “music”, but, in all actuality, it is a collection of ultra-modulated tone code transmissions originating from Outer Space, somewhere near the grid sector 23-B61. To capture these audio emissions, Starcrunch, Birdstuff, and Coco underwent self-inflicted electrical torture. This, combined with sleep deprivation, helped to produce the sonic sound unit that is 1000X. Altering mini-customary Astro procedures, the Astro-Men began to reveal the true sound of what lies beyond this atmosphere as the majority of Earthly transmission influences have been processed through various analog filter devices and eliminated.

But don't wait long to acquire this alien masterpiece. Moon goo is limited and so are these! 

http://store.touchandgorecords.com/products/man-or-astro-man-1000x-10-vinyl-ep

There was some random fan here in BHam that sold of their entire complete MoAM? Collection via Craigslist about 4-5 years ago (just before they "came back" with new singles and an LP).

Though it's been a couple of years since I was out there, I feel like last time at Waterloo in ATX they had quite a few random MoAM? 7"s, my guess would be ones that are probably pretty easy to find...but I honestly can't remember what they had

This repress is rad though

I think it's rad as hell that Sam from We Versus The Shark plays with them now

This is exciting, I see touch & go is finally making some moves again. It's been all downhill since he and his wife split (personally I think she was the brains behind the operation during its glory days). I feel like all they did in the last 3 years was reissue spiderland, put out the shellac record and do that Rodan comp (QS but whatever same label). There is a lot of gold on that label, so I'm curious to see what else they are going to do aside from this and Big Black