PO: Self - Gizmodgery (September)

via El Camino:

"Holy shit, its been 15 years since Gizmodgery was first released! To commemorate this special occasion, Gizmodgery finally gets the vinyl issue that it so rightly deserves. This is not just any vinyl, this suckas on Limited Edition Cayan Blue vinyl, yo! Featuring the hit songs, 'Trunk Fulla Amps', 'Ordinaire', 'Dead Man' and many more, the vinyl also includes the edited version of 'Trunk Fulla Amps' as well as the Japan-only b-side 'Resurrect'. Pre-Order the vinyl now and it will be shipped a full 3 weeks before it hits stores on September 11th. As if this all isn't enough, as a bonus, when you pre-order you will instantly get lossless AIFF download files of the whole album! Crazy, right?"

11836809_10153462493552310_2575378580780

Available for pre-order from the following:

El Camino

Amazon

Barnes&Noble

CDUniverse

Tracklisting:

1. I Am a Little Explosion
2. 5 Alive
3. Chameleon
4. Dead Man
5. Trunk Fulla Amps
6. Pattycake
7. Ordinaire
8. Miracleworker
9. Hi, My Name's Cindy
10. What a Fool Believes
11. 9 Lives
12. Ilovetoloveyourlovemylove.
13. Trunk Fulla Amps (edit)
14. Resurrect

I'm stoked for this to finally be getting the vinyl treatment. I'm a little bummed by the inclusion of the Trunk Fulla Amps edit, as I've always thought it to be an unnecessary addition and was hoping that they would nix it for the vinyl release. I am, however, delighted to see Resurrect on there which is a great song and a strong album closer, IMO.

Amazon's listing has been updated and now lists the vinyl as blue colored with a release date of September 11th, just like CDUniverse. The price has also been lowered and the label changed to El Camino Media, LLC.

They also added this cool little blurb:

*On the heals of 2014's Super Fake Nice ep which saw sElf featured as iTunes Single Of The Week as well as performances on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and Last Call With Carson Daily comes the 15 year anniversary of the bands groundbreaking lp, Gizmodgery * First time ever on vinyl. (Blue) * Originally released in 2000, Gizmodgery was recorded entirely on children's toy instruments purchased in toy stores. * Upon its original release, Pitchfork wrote about the single, Trunk Fulla Amps: 'Verse by verse, Mahaffey trades off emulating his heroes (Queen, ELO... Danzig?), a sign of his wry sense of humor. The instrumental bridge is simply beautiful, an unexpected but somehow perfect transition into a smooth Brazilian-flavored interlude on subtly rhythmic guitar and an uptempo bossanova beat. *Bonus track 'Resurrect' was previously only available on Japanese release.