PO: The World Is A Beautiful Place... - Harmlessness

I don't know if it's because the last time they released an LP I wasn't in university, and now I'm in my third year and I feel more grown up, but their older material seemed to have a youthful, naive energy to it that was awesome. (Especially the Deer Leap split. Forever their best material). This one is a lot more grown up, and it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. YA KNOW?

I don't know if it's because the last time they released an LP I wasn't in university, and now I'm in my third year and I feel more grown up, but their older material seemed to have a youthful, naive energy to it that was awesome. This one is a lot more grown up, and it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. YA KNOW?

I was 23 or 24 when Formlessness came out but I feel the same way about Harmlessness.

I was 23 or 24 when Formlessness came out but I feel the same way about Harmlessness.

Yup. I'm mainly referencing Formlessness, Josh is Dead, and Deer Leap. Whenever, If Ever was good, but I don't get the same feeling from it even as their first 3 releases. It's funny, Facebook just sent me a memory from November 2011 where I posted the Deer Leap split being the best material of 2011, ha. REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG AND YOU WILL BE!!!!!

I don't know if it's because the last time they released an LP I wasn't in university, and now I'm in my third year and I feel more grown up, but their older material seemed to have a youthful, naive energy to it that was awesome. (Especially the Deer Leap split. Forever their best material). This one is a lot more grown up, and it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. YA KNOW?

I agree!

i think this is still my AOTY. however, the biggest bummer to me when i saw them was how messy the drumming was. some of those fills that sounded epic on album were so so so sloppy...

Mr. Buttery seems to have the occassional show where his chops are off point. Last time I saw them he was absolutely tearing it up on the drums though.

i think this is still my AOTY. however, the biggest bummer to me when i saw them was how messy the drumming was. some of those fills that sounded epic on album were so so so sloppy...

That's weird, whenever I've seen them he's been one of the highlights. You might have just caught an off night :/