PO Now: Foxing - Dealer (Oct 30th)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Since when is it a rule that your solo stuff has to sound anything like your bands stuff?  Isn't that the point of doing a "solo" album?  To do and create something that only you wanted to do?

So i guess opinions aren't a thing anymore...?

There is no one "point" to solo albums. Take the newest Owen, or Conner Oberst, Deakin... all pretty similar from where they care from, but not for the sake of 'doing it alone' so why am I not allowed to enjoy the music of a band and want to experience more of it? They are not the exception nor the rule because there isn't one.

Edited by JRHews

59 minutes ago, JRHews said:

So i guess opinions aren't a thing anymore...?

There is no one "point" to solo albums. Take the newest Owen, or Conner Oberst, Deakin... all pretty similar from where they care from, but not for the sake of 'doing it alone' so why am I not allowed to enjoy the music of a band and want to experience more of it? They are not the exception nor the rule because there isn't one.

So death to all solo albums huh?  No point cause they'll either sound similiar enough to their bands stuff that we might as well have more of the bands stuff, or they'll sound different enough that we want nothing to do with them.

Also notice that I didn't say you HAD to like the solo stuff.  It makes no difference to me whether you like this guys solo stuff or not.  It has nothing to do with opinion.  It just never occurred to me that someone's solo material must sound like their bands material.  That's all.

7 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

So death to all solo albums huh?  No point cause they'll either sound similiar enough to their bands stuff that we might as well have more of the bands stuff, or they'll sound different enough that we want nothing to do with them.

Also notice that I didn't say you HAD to like the solo stuff.  It makes no difference to me whether you like this guys solo stuff or not.  It has nothing to do with opinion.  It just never occurred to me that someone's solo material must sound like their bands material.  That's all.

Where did I ever say any of that in this conversation? Please point to it out.  

I was saying I didn't like it. I was saying after hearing the latest Foxing album, my opinion was that it didn't add up to why this wasn't good to me and I didn't like it. 

AND that we agree that there could be differences, I was merely pointing out some examples of similar sounding ones that still worked. So how about that's the end of it?

1 hour ago, JRHews said:

Where did I ever say any of that in this conversation? Please point to it out.  

I was saying I didn't like it. I was saying after hearing the latest Foxing album, my opinion was that it didn't add up to why this wasn't good to me and I didn't like it. 

AND that we agree that there could be differences, I was merely pointing out some examples of similar sounding ones that still worked. So how about that's the end of it?

At the risk of you having an aneurysm, sure, why not.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...