Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kanye West

PO (Soon?): Beck - Mutations

23 posts in this topic

There's a discogs seller from Israel selling this right now saying "Brand new reissue (2015) SEALED Vinyl LP pessed on DARK BLUE Vinyl"

Hoping it isn't a bootleg like some of the Mellow Gold and Odelay presses, since this is one of my favorite Beck albums. Can anyone find more details? 

- Mutations! Possibly real!

Soon after:

- It's a bootleg

Then:

- Sounds awful

Before I even had a chance to act, I was dissuaded from buying. Easy pass.

Yeah it's disappointing, when you see it in person it's quite obvious it's a boot. The color is really off on the cover very over-saturated, almost like someone applied an instagram filter to it. 

Beck really annoys me, I read an interview several years ago about how he hates how artists cash in on continually pushing out reissues and he doesn't like it, however his fans are paying a fortune for unapproved, unofficial and not to mention poorly made bootlegs.    

Here is a picture I took from ebay, you can really see the poorly done cover art. 

$_57.JPG

Yeah it's disappointing, when you see it in person it's quite obvious it's a boot. The color is really off on the cover very over-saturated, almost like someone applied an instagram filter to it. 

Beck really annoys me, I read an interview several years ago about how he hates how artists cash in on continually pushing out reissues and he doesn't like it, however his fans are paying a fortune for unapproved, unofficial and not to mention poorly made bootlegs.    

Here is a picture I took from ebay, you can really see the poorly done cover art. 

$_57.JPG

To me this looks legit. Should be an alternative cover art.