Mr. Robot

9 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

That shoot out was filmed so damn well. I actually really like Agent DiPierro. People always underestimate her and she's good at her job, that seems to be her only real motivation in a universe where most of the characters only care about themselves.

I love her character so much. She is smart, intense, and badass. She can handle her own, and is determined. And you're absolutely right about her being motivated by her job in a universe where no one cares. So her character is very dynamic, unique, and fresh. She's probably my favorite s2 character. Even if she fucks shit up for Elliot and the like, she adds so much to the story and progression. DiPierro hype train, all aboard.

Can we talk about how awesome all the women are in this show? Darlene, Angela, Dom, and Joanna are all badass as fuck. None of them are playing stereotypical roles, none of them are secondary characters, none of them are inserted for a cliché love interest role. They each have their importance, are powerful, and really add to the story. The episode that didn't even have Elliot in it really highlighted their importance to everyone. I think that's really fucking cool. It just shows how well this show is put together.

“We’re not being unrealistically empowered or set up to be anything more than what we are. We are women, we are equals, and I think that makes [us] something new in television.” -- Stephanie (Joanna).

This show might be the best thing on TV in a long, long time.  I don't know if I can say it's my favorite, because we're only in season 2, but god damn this thing is incredible.

I'm all on the DiPierro hype train too, I think her character is great.  She's got this cheeky boldness that I love.  Also, that scene when she finds Angela's house...  oh man.  

But I"m thinking now maybe that Elliot is the dark army?  But I don't know how the FBI ties in, because there is a leak somewhere.... otherwise the 2 hits wouldn't have happened, and the hit wouldn't have gone down as quickly, unless they were tailing Darlene and her b/f?  Because 2 episodes ago we saw the confusion when Elliot met with the Dark Army, and they were like "wtf man Phase 2 is your plan".  I can't wait to see how this all comes together.  It makes me angry that I have to wait a week for each episode haha.  

I'm doubting she's dead just because that would be such a huge blow to Elliot for them to have to address on the show. Did they even confirm that Cisco was dead last night? Plus you still maybe have Trenton & Mobley out there. Man this show really loves to make you wonder if people are alive or dead. Or even real.

I'm still trying to figure out how good this show is. I've really really liked it so far but I think the writing over the next episode has a chance to solidify it as up there with shows like Breaking Bad.

I'm doubting she's dead just because that would be such a huge blow to Elliot for them to have to address on the show. Did they even confirm that Cisco was dead last night? Plus you still maybe have Trenton & Mobley out there. Man this show really loves to make you wonder if people are alive or dead. Or even real.

I'm still trying to figure out how good this show is. I've really really liked it so far but I think the writing over the next episode has a chance to solidify it as up there with shows like Breaking Bad.

On 9/19/2016 at 7:28 AM, Dave Grohl said:

Our boy won an Emmy for lead actor in a drama. Usually don't care about awards, but that'll help the longevity of an amazing show. Glad they're getting recognition. 

Hope our boy Sam will now give us some payoff to this season! I've been loving it but folks need to know whats up!

This show is turning into True Detective. Way too many conspiracy theories to think about. I wish they would have ended at least one of the stories lines. They just created more. I have to read next day reviews to understand everything that's going on. I at least hope next season isn't a full year away.

I really liked the finale. 

To me, the theme of control (or lack therof) goes beyond just our protagonists on the show. Our own feelings of needing to know all of the answers can be looked at as us trying to "control" the situation... I find it funny that a lot of people are complaining on the internet about unanswered questions this season for that exact reason, and I feel like those people are completely missing the point. 

I do find myself fighting against my own desire to definitively know everything that's going on in the show (specifically what's real and what's not) and feeling challenged by it, and for that I think the show works brilliantly. If everything suddenly was revealed in the finale the whole point of the show would be contradicted.

Just my $.02

Edited by yanquiuxo

I think the main thing we all have to think about is that Sam already has this mapped out as a film that has been turned into a TV series. The weekly episode tradition might actually be a genuine problem for a show like this. One might wonder if people would have been more forgiving if the season was given to us all at once instead of given out piecemeal. I frankly love the show but I can understand why people are a bit more needy when it comes to a show like this. With Rami (Elliot) and Mac (show music composer) winning Emmys for the wastleland that is the USA network, we'll hopefully have a full idea of what Sam wants to show us at the end of it all.

Edited by Vector53

Man, that finale was great. I loved how open ended it is, how many new ideas were introduced, that'll keep us guessing till next season. I wonder how much Sam has plotted out for the show, if he has everything he wants to accomplish over a set amount of seasons, or just goes from one idea to the next seeing how many episodes it takes to execute. Either way, I'm really excited to see where this show goes. Seeing the success it's getting I can see it lasting a long time. As long as it keeps going up, I'm all for it. I just don't want it to 'Dexter' in the end. Haha.

10 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Man, that finale was great. I loved how open ended it is, how many new ideas were introduced, that'll keep us guessing till next season. I wonder how much Sam has plotted out for the show, if he has everything he wants to accomplish over a set amount of seasons, or just goes from one idea to the next seeing how many episodes it takes to execute. Either way, I'm really excited to see where this show goes. Seeing the success it's getting I can see it lasting a long time. As long as it keeps going up, I'm all for it. I just don't want it to 'Dexter' in the end. Haha.

He's directly said that he envisions at most a 4-5 season story. If Breaking Bad can wrap up its story in 5 seasons, I'm sure Mr. Robot absolutely has to. But regardless, Mr. Robot is a high priority to USA as they want more recognition, so unless the next season trying to pull the same moves with S2, I'm comfortable saying that this show won't be cancelled before Sam's story is told fully.

3 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

He's directly said that he envisions at most a 4-5 season story. If Breaking Bad can wrap up its story in 5 seasons, I'm sure Mr. Robot absolutely has to. But regardless, Mr. Robot is a high priority to USA as they want more recognition, so unless the next season trying to pull the same moves with S2, I'm comfortable saying that this show won't be cancelled before Sam's story is told fully.

Yeah, I know he will definitely get his full story out, and 4-5 seasons sounds perfect. And I know USA is all about considering this is a HUGE hit for them. I would much rather get 5 really solid seasons, than have it drag on for the sake of money (ie Dexter). Regardless of how many seasons we get, I am so SO fucking excited for the future, and the story Sam is telling / going to tell.

Edited by Dave Grohl

4 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah, I know he will definitely get his full story out, and 4-5 seasons sounds perfect. And I know USA is all about considering this is a HUGE hit for them. I would much rather get 5 really solid seasons, than have it drag on for the sake of money (ie Dexter). Regardless of how many seasons we get, I am so SO fucking excited for the future, and the story Sam is telling / going to tell.

That and I'm pretty sure they love that they are selling the fsociety masks out at Hot Topic. I'm part of the problem too. Already bought a mask and I'm definitely buying that book that is coming out in Nov. I don't like that they do that 'Talking Robot' show though...

I haven't checked out Talking Robot, but I do like the Talking Dead stuff they do for Walking Dead, simply because Chris is such a big fan.  

Anyway... this episode was weird for me.  Tyrell's character and actions were off-putting.  He seems unhinged in an unbelievable way....  it could simply be that his character has developed so much without our seeing, that the disconnect makes sense.  But I don't like it.  He just bugged me this episode.  He wasn't his composed, calculating diabolical self.  He seemed more like a 15 year old who thinks they're in love for the first time, and is off the rails emotionally.  

I loved that Angela has been in on it the whole time, it seems.  Didn't see that coming.  The Dom and Darlene thing is interesting....  I almost see them as enlisting her help to catch Tyrell in lieu of a sentence.  We'll see.  And that ending....  Do you have the time?  Yassssss.  So many more things opened up.  

As much as I fucking HATE that they resolved practically NOTHING, I love the possibilities for where this is going.  

2 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I haven't checked out Talking Robot, but I do like the Talking Dead stuff they do for Walking Dead, simply because Chris is such a big fan.  

Anyway... this episode was weird for me.  Tyrell's character and actions were off-putting.  He seems unhinged in an unbelievable way....  it could simply be that his character has developed so much without our seeing, that the disconnect makes sense.  But I don't like it.  He just bugged me this episode.  He wasn't his composed, calculating diabolical self.  He seemed more like a 15 year old who thinks they're in love for the first time, and is off the rails emotionally.  

I loved that Angela has been in on it the whole time, it seems.  Didn't see that coming.  The Dom and Darlene thing is interesting....  I almost see them as enlisting her help to catch Tyrell in lieu of a sentence.  We'll see.  And that ending....  Do you have the time?  Yassssss.  So many more things opened up.  

As much as I fucking HATE that they resolved practically NOTHING, I love the possibilities for where this is going.  

Going to chalk Tyrell being out of character mostly because we never really saw how much Tyrell and Elliot as Mr. Robot interacted off-screen. Also keep in mind that Tyrell was losing it because he literally murdered someone, got fired, and threatened to also kill Elliot until he saw the 'truth'. Let it be known that he probably feels a bit betrayed when someone is telling him that he doesn't exist and he's gonna take control now when they went thru all the effort to start the 5/9 hack. Really we all want to know what happened in those 3 days after the 5/9 hack. I can't help but feel like this all goes back to that crazy ass withdrawal sequence back in season 1 where Elliot is talking to Qwerty, that girl asking what his monster is, and dream Angela implying something about him being a month old, what his monster is still and something else that is cut off and yet they talking about a key to something too. It's gonna be bonkers no matter what.

Edited by Vector53

I loved the finale. After last week's hard to digest episode I loved am how straight forward and down to earth this episode was: Tyrell wasn't sending gifts to his wife, the FBI actually know more about the operation than Darlene, Tyrell was just hiding because of phase 2, Tyrell is REAL (thank God).

also some fantastic direction/cinematography/musical selections as well. One thing, I don't thing Angela was in on it the whole time, we are just seeing the effects of her conversation with Whiterose and I'm sure a lot happened off screen after she got back in the van. Remember, she just wants to destroy E Corp.