Mr. Robot

I liked the Kraftwerk song in the opening sequence, I thought it fit really well.  

1 hour ago, Vector53 said:

Going to chalk Tyrell being out of character mostly because we never really saw how much Tyrell and Elliot as Mr. Robot interacted off-screen. Also keep in mind that Tyrell was losing it because he literally murdered someone, got fired, and threatened to also kill Elliot until he saw the 'truth'. Let it be known that he probably feels a bit betrayed when someone is telling him that he doesn't exist and he's gonna take control now when they went thru all the effort to start the 5/9 hack. Really we all want to know what happened in those 3 days after the 5/9 hack. I can't help but feel like this all goes back to that crazy ass withdrawal sequence back in season 1 where Elliot is talking to Qwerty, that girl asking what his monster is, and dream Angela implying something about him being a month old, what his monster is still and something else that is cut off and yet they talking about a key to something too. It's gonna be bonkers no matter what.

Yeah word, I can get on board with that assessment.  

• 1 year later...

FINALLY just got around to watching the 2nd season.  Took a while for things to start coming back to me cause it had been so long since I saw the first season.  But it didn't miss a beat.  Still currently one of the best shows going right now (and possibly ever).

New season starts two weeks from this Wednesday.  Let's get the hype train rolling.

Edited by FiggyPud

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I was convinced for about 20 minutes that Elliot had three personalities in that final episode.. only to be thankful they didn't go THAT dark in terms of split/multiple personalities.. 

this show is my favorite!

So I’m guessing by that “back to the future” episode and the last episode, we’re supposed to assume that Elliot has been seeing Mr. Robot for a reeeeally long time, right?  Cause during that flashback at the movie theater when he was a kid with his dad and his dad falls over (sorry i forget exactly what it was that caused it), he just walks into the theater like nothing and then makes a comment to where he sits his dads jacket.

Then we find out during the last episode that his dad never actually pushed him out the window.  Elliot actually threw himself out of the window in some kind of fit after swinging a baseball bat around.

So what I gathered from this, is at some point when he was very young, “Mr. Robot” manifested within him and it got to a point where he couldn’t tell the difference between Mr. Robot and his actual dad.  He wasn’t attacking his dad with a baseball bat, he was attacking Mr. Robot, but he had no way of telling.  That’s also why he didn’t seem to care when his dad got sick in the theater, he thought it was Mr. Robot.

Just my two cents.  Probably something everyone watching thought of, but either way, crazy stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just saw the 4th season coming out in 2019 will be the last. Im not sure if this was done by the creators or USA pulled the plug. I am totally okay with 4 strong seasons and walk off into the sunset. 

I still need to watch season 3 and glad i have a bit of time to catch up since season 4 isint coming on soon like it was in past years. 

30 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Just saw the 4th season coming out in 2019 will be the last. Im not sure if this was done by the creators or USA pulled the plug. I am totally okay with 4 strong seasons and walk off into the sunset. 

I still need to watch season 3 and glad i have a bit of time to catch up since season 4 isint coming on soon like it was in past years. 

Yeah im pretty sad it’s endimg, but it’s defintely one of those shows that feels like it should end right around the 3rd or 4th season before it loses its punch.  Because there hasn’t been a bad season yet.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Heard about this show, but never gave it a chance because I'm really uninterested in computer/hacker culture. Jeez Louise. This show is amazing. I must have watched the first three seasons in two weeks because I was hooked. I'm going to slowly re-watch them because I definitely didn't think through some of the things that you all have mentioned (like Elliot might have been dealing with this mental health stuff since he was a kid) until I read what you folk wrote. I'll wait until the fourth season is completely finished before I watch it. I've told more people about this show than anything else in the past ten years.

14 minutes ago, somethingvinyl said:

Heard about this show, but never gave it a chance because I'm really uninterested in computer/hacker culture. Jeez Louise. This show is amazing. I must have watched the first three seasons in two weeks because I was hooked. I'm going to slowly re-watch them because I definitely didn't think through some of the things that you all have mentioned (like Elliot might have been dealing with this mental health stuff since he was a kid) until I read what you folk wrote. I'll wait until the fourth season is completely finished before I watch it. I've told more people about this show than anything else in the past ten years.

Yesss!  You’re in for a treat when you get to this last season.  Last weeks episode was probably the best episode of the series and that’s saying a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys, for anyone here who still cares: tonight’s the night.  One of the most wild and crazy shows I’ve ever had the privilege of watching comes to an end.  I’m excited and sad at the same time. 

They’re treating us well with it though.  A whole 2 hour finale (probably closer to an hour and a half/hour 45 with commercials).  Can’t wait.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I thought the way the show ended was absolutely perfect.  I mean, it makes sense, the hacker being yet another personality.  Favorite show in a long time, kind of bummed its over

I know no one visits this thread anymore but I’d probably throw some of that in a spoiler tag lol.

I agree though.  They did a hell of a job.  Only one major complain but other than that, perfection.

• 1 month later...