Mr. Robot

4 minutes ago, jonnystorm777 said:

Last season what the best show of the year. this season is a little confusing in my opinion. Still good though., 

Yeah last year the hints that it was a "fight Club" thing happening were well done and not too much to make the whole thing confusing.

This year the hiding of a mental institution (IMO) is just going to great lengths to obfuscate things and really hoping they break through that tonight to move on with the story telling.

16 hours ago, kgry said:

Well this episode is starting off interesting...

I was thinknig 'is the whole episode going to be like this'. Man, they are always keeping it fresh with new curve balls like that. I'm digging it. That episode was really surreal. I feel like the climax of this season is going to be intense.

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Idkwtf. So when did Elliot get locked up? Did the shit with Ray not really happen, and if not, how did Elliot communicate with Darlene to hack the FBI? This season is all kinds of wacky.

I have a few theories, but there is one theory that I think is more plausible than the others. I did catch on hints from as far back as the finale of season 1 that he was going to go to prison, but mostly throughout this season. The ending of this episode is exactly why I watch this show multiple times, cause there are so many small things you can miss your first viewing.

If you want me to give you my own theory as to why Elliot is in prison, and point out some of the things I saw to lead me to thinking he was in prison, I will.

All the information (for what you're asking about) is there. You just need to look very carefully. This show is so invested in the small details, easter eggs, and putting these small clues together yourself instead of just flat out telling you. Some of it can be really confusing if you missed one minor hint. Sometimes all it takes is a tiny bit of context knowing what one line, or even sometimes what one single word is really referring to. But there are still unanswered questions, but we have 5 more episodes to go. Things are really heating up. This is easily the smartest show on TV right now. Each episode just tops the next, and I'm so impressed how interwoven everything is, and how far thought out it is. Fuck.