PO: Golden Void (Earthless) "Berkana" x/500 Orange Vinyl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I got my copy from Thrill Jockey. It wasn't packaged well, just floating loosely in mailer. No padding, nothing. Cover was bent all to hell, and the record was warped. I sent them an email about it, but they won't help me, because I should have got insurance. Lesson learned.

Nah, would you really do that in his position? Shipping insurance is only what 3$ or 4$ extra. As much as I hate warped LP's, shit happens. And sometimes you have to clean it up.

I feel for you dude. Just waiting on mine to arrive from the UK. Very stoked that they finally have EU presence. Wasn't expensive at all either, like a regular retail-priced LP.

Rant: I've ordered probably 30 records direct from TJ over the years and they consistently pack the record in a basic u line mailer with no filler pad, just one strip of cardboard, I guess so you don't cut the record when you cut into the tape sealing the box. I've been lucky and gotten my shit in good condition, but making people pay extra to insure they get a non-warped/non-fucked up record is some bullshit I can't support. A good mailer with at least 2 filler pads HAS to be industry standard. A good mailer and filler pads bought in the kind of quantity they need would cost less than $1/record shipped. They can find that money somewhere in their budget and really need to step up their packing game. /rant