PO Now: Alex G - Beach Music

Just got a notification from Bandcamp:

Alex G - Beach Music

Over the course of six self-recorded and mostly self-released LPs, Alex G has built a body of work unassuming in its presentation but astounding in its depth. Beach Music, his seventh full-length and his debut with Domino, was written and recorded in Giannascoli’s apartment between the Fall of 2014 and the Spring of 2015, during breaks from touring with the likes of Elvis Depressedly, Cymbals Eat Guitars, and Gardens & Villa. While its predecessors often came in uninterrupted bursts—from his head to the internet in a matter of hours and days—Beach Music was shaped in part by Giannascoli adapting to life as a touring musician. Songs were written within months of one another rather than all at once, with influences ranging from noise music to piano-based laments to Southern rock to the rhythmic focus of techno—whatever he happened to be most interested in at the time. The result is Giannascoli’s most cohesive and beautiful work to date; a stand-out addition to a catalog whose rewards continue to evolve and multiply with every listen.

On opaque blue 2xLP /1000 (LP + 'Alex G Live at The Headroom bootleg 12"')

and blue cassette /300 (bandcamp exclusive)

Out October 2015

Bandcamp

LP/CD also available on Domino US and Domino UK and iTunes

.....there's going to be a re-done version of salt on this album oh my god

this really is the best day of my life.....

.....there's going to be a re-done version of salt on this album oh my god

this really is the best day of my life.....

There is? I don't see that, but I really hope its true!!

Went ahead and preordered both since they may actually sell out before too long.. $40 shipped for two 12" lps and a cassette from alex g; can't pass that up man. Especially whenever annoying resellers push the going rate for any of his tapes up to $40 a pop on the aftermarket

you think /1000 will sell out fast? I can see them lasting the month at least