Manufactured Recordings (Part of Omnian Music Group, Captured Tracks)

Hey guys, 

For those interested in sampling the three upcoming releases I posted about above, we just put up a series of YouTube playlists with the full tracklisting for each album. Links below - check em out!

MFG-027 // THE BEACH BULLIES ‘We Rule The Universe’ LP/Expanded CD

MFG-031 // THE WILD POPPIES ‘Heroine: The Wild Poppies Complete Collection, (1986-1989)’ 2xLP/Deluxe CD

MFG-034 // MOMUS ‘Circus Maximus’ Expanded 2xLP/CD

We should have pre-order info posted very soon! 

Hey guys, 

Just for posterity's sake, wanted to post the pre-sale links for each of these reissues. Limited edition color is available for the first two titles, while supplies last! 

The Beach Bullies - We Rule The Universe - LP/CD

tumblr_inline_nueygmuifJ1si01m6_500.jpg

The Wild Poppies - Heroine: The Wild Poppies Complete Collection, (1986-1989) 2xLP/CD

tumblr_inline_nueyjtqU2o1si01m6_500.jpg

Momus - Circus Maximus - 2xLP/CD

tumblr_inline_nueykqsSFZ1si01m6_500.jpg

These are all expected to ship on or before October 16th. 

If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! I have a new wave of stuff that's coming out in the next few months, and I thought I'd post up a bit of info. 

These are a little different than my first batch: one is a private press synth-funk record from '87, another is a classic soul collector's item from '76 and then we have a series of jazz reissues from the '70s and early '80s from the artists Brother Ah and Milton Marsh. 

The Brother Ah stuff is part of a BIG reissue series, which you can read about HERE at Secret Decoder.

Details and a few clips are below - hit me up with any q's! Thanks!

Million Dollar Ecstacy: Private press 12" from 1987 that was limited to 100-200 copies originally and only used for promo efforts. This album is crazy fun. Heavily inspired by early Prince, Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones. We are working with the songwriter on another future release of his earlier recordings which are completely ILL. Like Devo meets R. Stevie Moore or something. Lots more to come with that one!

The California Playboys: "Trying to Become A Millionaire" - These guys were studio musicians in the mid-70s and backed an R&B guy named Lester Young on a series of singles, before they recorded this LP in '76. This will be the first time it's back in print since! Discogs ballers have dropped over $1,000 for originals. It's that good!

Milton Marsh: "Monism" - This is an avant/spiritual jazz record. It was also originally a private press, on the Strata East label. It's one of only two records the guy ever made and there was a huge gap between them. Very mysterious, but this record is beautiful! It starts off fairly mild-mannered, but gets bonkers as it goes along. I can't stop listening to it lately! Another one that's been OOP since the 70s.

Brother Ah: "Sound Awareness", "Move Ever Onward" and "Key to Nowhere" - Brother Ah (aka Robert Northern) is a major jazz innovator and famously collaborated with the Sun Ra Arkestra for over a decade. His first three LPs run the gamut from free jazz freakouts (Sound Awareness) to African folk influences (Move Ever Onward) and even new age leanings (Key to Nowhere). We're reissuing these three LPs for the first time since their original runs, and then we're doing a big box set of these releases and three albums of previously unreleased material! It's gonna be bonkers.