How do you reduce needle jumping?

Wow you know what?! Ive been dealing with a Hum as well and cant find the source..

Ive had this table for a long time now..

I always thought maybe thats how it sounds.

I dont have top notch equipment im running my pro-ject through a sheerwood $100 receiver

And a pair of $50 sony bookshelf speakers. (Budget)

But the whole jumping/bouncing is making me lose my mind..

Maybe my table isnt level?

Which Pro-Ject table is it?  And does the hum only happen when the needle is on the record?  I've read places about people having motor hum issues with some Pro-Ject tables.  You should be able to find solutions online for that.  I think it's as simple as removing a screw.  I don't own a Pro-Ject so I can't be more help than that.  Also, is your turntable directly on top of the receiver?  Some cartridges can pick up hum from that as well.

I don't think this is related to your needle jumping problem.  

Or you could even buy a suspended turntable, like the AR I put in that upstairs living room I mentioned. The possibilities are endless(ly frustrating)! Good luck!

That's always the best option in my book. I am joking a little but to my ears only a proper suspended turntable will do. But in your situation if you don't want to go down the proper turntable route and the cheap isolation tricks don't work then a wall shelf is the only option that will work

I had exactly the same issue because of my old wooden floors that clearly moved every time I walked past.

Went wall mounted as nothing else worked and could not be happier since.

If it's as bad as mine was, all these antivibration pads etc may help a bit but will never fully stop it.

https://instagram.com/p/zk3Nf5JXcN/?taken-by=chrisproctor11

Works well!

Its settled everyone gunna wall mount it! I wanna be able to move around and be able to spin some classics!

Thank you for all your suggestions and your time! Very nice of all of you!

Keep spinning! Cheers!

I made my wall shelf using a sheet of glass and some planed 2x1, I fixed mine in a corner for extra stability and it was only meant to be temporary until I made something more aesthetically pleasing but it's been up at least 5 years now.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the same issue. I have had good results so far with just half squash ball. I'm still planning on making a table to sit the turntable on to keep everything stable...

Thread over here if you're interested. Will update that thread with progress.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/115613-fixing-my-isolation-issue/