Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

Names Adam, I live in SC.

Im a Bartender by day and Promoter by night. I love Punk. Bands Ive been listening to most recently. Beach Slang (have a complete collection), Smoke or Fire, Tsunami Bomb (would kill for some of there stuff to own), No Use for A name, Lagwagon, The Lawrence Arms, and mainly JAWBREAKER AND JETS TO BRAZIL

Im a big Gamer. XBOX 1 and PS4. I play Destiny like its my job, also Halo, and Borderlands! Also play some older consoles and handhelds.

I do love sports also. Patriots, Bruins, Red Sox !

And of course Im a Marvel fan.

Looking forward to this year! Its always a blast!

Ok updated some stuff. I kind of blew through it in a rush the first time.

And my fav color is Orange :)

I'm mostly copy/pasting from last year and making a few minor changes.

My name's Jared. I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah, and I'm 23 years old and I work at a car dealership. I'd like to think I listen to a wide variety of music. Here's some bands I'm listening to a lot right now: Beck, The Radio Dept., Django Reinhardt, Earth, Russian Circles, Television, Grateful Dead, Sigur Ros, Mogwai, Built to Spill, Josh Ritter, LCD Soundsystem, Talking Heads, The Mountain Goats, All Them Witches, Red Fang, Jakob, Monolord, Cal Tjader, Eagle Twin, Pavement, Ride, Slowdive, Fever Ray, The Go, Charles Bradley, Sharon Van Etten, Lee Hazelwood, My Bloody Valentine, Modest Mouse, Warm Soda, Ty Segall, and Subrosa. I'm pretty open to most music genres. I've got a real love for 90's indie/shoegaze, like stuff from Elephant 6 and UP Records. I'm really into supporting local music, so whenever I'm traveling, I like to pick up some music by local bands I've never heard from the area. I'd love it if you threw in a copy of your friends' demo tape from his garage band.

Being from Utah, where the license plates claim we have the greatest snow on earth, I love snowboarding. During the winter I'm usually on the mountain at least once a week.

I really love cars; vintage British and European cars especially. My brother's got a '78 Mini that we're in the process of restoring. I'm also into motorcycles. I just bought and restored my first one. It's a '73 Honda CL100. I've had a ton of fun fixing it up and riding it. I'm on the lookout for a bigger vintage Honda now. 

Like most other music lovers, I go to a ton of concerts. I've been to somewhere around 350-400. I've lost count. I usually go to about 1-2 a week.

Here's my Discogs collection I keep it up to date, so you can check here to see what I have already and what I may like. I'm not super picky, so get me anything you think I might like, and chances are, I will. My t shirt size is L. 

Here's some other social media that might help you out.

Instagram

Last.fm

I am insanely jealous of you. I am convinced that owning a successful record shop or working at Walt Disney World would be the best jobs ever. My wife and I did the keys to the kingdom tour on our honeymoon in February, and I was so jealous of the tour guide. What a great job. I'm gonna PM you every time they do a limited pin release now! (Just kidding, unless you'd really hook me up.)

haha of course man. not sure if Ill be able to get to all of the releases since some are very hard to come by but I'd be more than happy to help you out.

my name is andy and i live outside philadelphia. some of my favorite bands are the loved ones/dave hause, gaslight anthem/horrible crowes, holy mess, bouncing souls, alkaline trio, kid dynamite, the lawrence arms, tim barry, the menzingers and red city radio. im a huge fan of pop punk, raspy vocals, and "woahs". i love onyx's first album and similar rap from the early to mid 90's and also rock/alternative from the early/mid 90s as well.

i work around 60 hours a week in a restaurant so by the time i get home i rarely feel like doing anything. that means tv takes up most of my nights and im not to picky about whats on since its generally background noise. elementary, person of interest, arrow, and the flash get most of my attention if theyre on. 

i listen to music all day while im at work and am always looking for something new to add to the rotation.

Suuuup Santy

Same apology as every year; I don't have a lot of posts so I'm sorry for being one of the tough nuts to crack. For some reason I've got a friendly neighborhood VC mystery serial downvoter, so don't let them sway you of me should you decide to dig through my history--I'm a pretty placid dude. If you get any questions, feel free to use a third party to ask me and I'd be glad to help you out. In the meantime, allow me to break myself down for you like an overzealous OkCupid profile:

Music is great. But it would be weird if I said it wasn't while part of a music collective. My favorites are Circa Survive, City and Colour, Grouplove, Mutemath, any Jack Antonoff project, Jimmy Eat World, Every Time I Die, Silversun Pickups, Nada Surf, Lana Del Rey, St. Lucia, etc. etc. Same stuff anyone says. I'm getting into more and more of that electronic chill, ambient, and I've always loved jazz as well. I'm always open to new suggestions. I realize I'm hard to shop for in this department because I pretty much own everything I want, but if that's the avenue you wanted to go down there are some common records I never got around to buying if you check the wants section of my tradelist. Both my wants and haves are always kept up to date. 

I'm not into any sports except for soccer, but I dig it hard. I follow MLS (New England Revolution is my team), Real Madrid, and the US men's and women's national teams. Third star, baby.

Comedyyyyyyyy. It's pretty much all I pay attention to. Comedy Bang! Bang! and the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project are my go-to podcasts and I listen to Loveline every night. Louie, Portlandia, Parks and Recreation, BoJack Horseman, 30 Rock, Scrubs. And pretty much any kind of stand-up. Don't really watch too many movies. 

I like reading but as far as full-on books, I'm strictly a nonfiction duder. Mostly books by comedians, like Aziz Ansari's or Amy Poehler's newest. I like science and more cerebral books as well, such as Dataclysm or So You've Been Publicly Shamed. Aaaaaand over the past year I've gotten into comics--DC or indie only. I love a good graphic novel. 

I don't drink or smoke or any of that stuff because I have four 90 degree angles.

Mostly I just spend my days thinking about things like how it would be weird if the word 'car' was spelled with a K instead of a C, but then it wouldn't be weird at all because it would have always been spelled that way, and how it's BS that it's the only job of an eyelash to keep things from getting in your eye, but the only thing that ever gets into your eyes are eyelashes.

I appreciate you.

Hey gang,

My name is Prince, AKA The Love Symbol, AKA The Kid, AKA The Purple One. I live in sunny Southern California in my Hollywood mansion full of baby monkeys, pet lions, pet sharks, other wondrous exotic animals & mirrors so I can look at myself all day, I currently work for a large media distributor hence my rather diverse collection. I am just going to rattle off a bunch of things I like/interests to make it as easy as possible, you can look up my wikipedia page if you have any other questions.

Interests:

Ed Banger Records
Roule Records
Daft Punk
Justice (Ed banger)
Burzum
Mayhem
Lil Ugly Mane
MF Doom
Death Grips
Whirr
Deafheaven
Mac Demarco
King Diamond
Madlib
Prince Records (Live Recordings, look through my collection, I have 150+ already)
Sleep (Doom Metal)
Thomas Bangalter
Umberto
French House/ The French Touch (I see you Daftyler)
Black Metal
Underground Hip Hop
Shoegaze/Nugaze
Doom Metal
Vinyl Soundtracks (Giallos)
Art/Concert Prints
Concert Tour Tees
Candy (NO chocolate)
Disc Golf
Documentaries
Anaheim Ducks
Oakland Athletics
Green Bay Packers
Color: Purple
Size: Small

My name is Sean. I'm 29 and live in Estes Park, CO with my wife, 2 year old daughter, and dog Lola. We are expecting our second child in April. I love it here and am always outside hiking or back country skiing. I have Denver Broncos season tickets and do like the Rockies. Beer is my drink of choice. I am spoiled by all the breweries around here. I also brew my own. Whisky and Gin are a close second to beer too.

My Instagram handle is the same as here: seangj 

As far as music goes, my tradelist should give you a pretty good idea. I'm open to pretty much anything. I got into Caspian, Title Fight, and really like Mutiod Man. I haven't picked up the new one yet because I'm dumb. 

My shirt size is L and I do enjoy reading Dave Eggers.

hello theeere. my name's hannah, i live in southern california, and i'm a ramen-guzzling student working on a psychology degree. my hobbies include gaming (world of warcraft, hearthstone, fallout, skyrim) and following frnkiero andthe cellabration around on tour with amigos. this means i get to travel a lot, and so far my favorite cities have by far been portland and salt lake city. i also go to a lot of shows in the los angeles area; the most recent was the get up kids at the troubadour and the next is gonna be against me! at the observatory.

my favorite color is grey. i really love star trek and lord of the rings, and classic horror movies, especially the nightmare on elm street series. if you're stumped on vinyl (i know a few of the things on my wishlist are pricey and not super feasible for a secret santa) i also love drinks and can't afford them! feel free to send me some of your favorites. i particularly like rum and whiskey. 

punk music means a lot to me–jawbreaker, black flag, the cramps, etc. and so does dr. pepper. secret santas are a lot of fun and i've already started putting together the package for my giftee! woo!

hiiiiiii santa! i hope you're having an awesome week wherever you are :)

me: i’m lauren. i'm a 29 year-old gal living in brooklyn. i work for travel magazine/website, where i’m in charge of photography and designy things.

music: my music tastes are pretty all over the place and i tend to like at least a little bit of everything, from quebecois folk music to synthy dance jams to punk to country. i do love me some country. 90s/2000s punk, emo, ska, and hardcore will always have a huge spot in my heart since that’s what i grew up on. i love anything bob nanna, blake schwarzenbach, or greg graffin-related. i also have a major soft spot for musicians' solo/side projects, especially when it's a totally different genre than the music they're typically known for and bonus points if said side project is alt country  (ex: mike herrera - tumbledown, jim ward - sleepercar, jeremy chatelain - cub country, chad price - drag the river, mariachi el bronx, brett detar, nick 13, etc). i’m pretty open to most music. the only place where i get super picky is when it comes to bands with female singers. not sure why, but  i just can’t get into most female singers.

i keep my deadformat up to date, so it's a pretty accurate representation of what i have and what i like. i do have a want list on discogs, but it’s kind of a hot mess that only makes sense to me haha. i tend to just dump tons of stuff on it and never wind up taking it off. a lot of what’s on it are other pressings/variants of things i already own or random things i throw on there that i might grab if they ever popped up for super cheap, but not things i’m actively seeking out. there are still a ton of things on there i do want if that’s helpful information for you to have, but i’d be just as happy with something you love that i’ve never heard of. 

movies/tv: horror, comedies, jeunet, aronofsky, docs, cheesy lifetime movies, crime shows (pretty much everything on ID), law & order SVU (i’ve seen all 366 episodes. more than once.), lost girl, skins, way more things i’m too tired to think of right now. 

books: i read pretty much every day on my lovely subway commute to work. i’ve been reading a lot of music and pop culture-related books lately.  currently finishing up my working my way through all of rob sheffield’s books. 

other things i enjoy: zombies, david hasselhoff, football, hockey, canadian football, beer, narwhals, my SNES, bacon, baking, traditional tattoo art, random small toys and knick knacks that live on top of my kallax. i also love cats. i have one. his name is jäger. he's pretty damn awesome. 

color: aqua

for further stalking/research purposes, my instagram lives here: http://instagram.com/themeconspiracy

Hey Secret Santa! Thanks so much for participating in this with me and I hope you have fun and don't get frustrated at all trying to find out about me! Especially since I'm not a super-active member (though I do check the site daily) or participate in a lot of real discussion in the everything else forums.

Me: I'm a 22 year old, working college student from southern New Jersey. My major is English and I work in a "record store" of sorts (more CDs and DVDs than records honestly). I also play music - I was in bands for years and my last band recorded 2 albums (the last of which, Things That Are Forever, I'm quite proud of) that you can listen to here if you so desire: https://littlesisternj.bandcamp.com/. However, we broke up and now I do a solo, emo acoustic thing (early City and Colour/Dashboard influence) and have been working on a full-length under that moniker over the past year. Progress comes slowly, but surely; I have some songs I really fucking love though that I am incredibly excited to put out into the universe someday. That project is here: https://ordetacoustic.bandcamp.com/.

Music: My all-time favorite 2 bands are Brand New and City and Colour. Really hip and obvious I know, but I listen to a lot of stuff. My deadformat tradelist is always VERY up to date, so you can get a feel for what I like there: https://deadformat.net/shadowkid33. Recently I've been really into the self-titled album of a band called Ola Podrida, which I highly recommend you listen to (at least the song "The New Science"), just because it's fucking incredible. Other things I've really been into lately are movie scores (Interstellar and Synecdoche, New York being my 2 current favorites), the album Ghostory by School of Seven Bells and the song "My Friend Chris" by The Menzingers. I also saw Basement two nights in a row about a month ago and it was really, really, really incredible. I love music that you can just lose your mind to, be it Elliott Smith or Converge or The Wonder Years. That power of feeling...that's what it's all about for me.

Movies: I'm into movies almost as much as I'm into music - maybe even moreso sometimes. I try to watch at least one, optimally two movies a day if I can. I like really pretentious arthouse stuff the most, but I'll watch basically anything. I just love the craft and the history and the study of film so much. I'm not picky about genre or anything, I'm much more interested in the auteur aspect of filmmaking and some of my favorite directors are Terrence Malick, Cameron Crowe, Wong Kar-Wai, Richard Linklater, Paul Thomas Anderson, Wim Wenders and Woody Allen. Some of my favorite movies are Tree of Life, Breaking the Waves (I have an original German one-sheet for this one hanging in my room), Richard Linklater's Before trilogy (I have a soft spot for Ethan Hawke especially, he wrote and directed a movie called The Hottest State which is one of my favorite underrated movies ever), Almost Famous, The Place Beyond the Pines and Magnolia. There are just so many movies, I could talk about this stuff forever. So I'll shut up and give you my blu-ray.com disc collection so you can see for yourself: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/hybrid.php?u=328394.

Books: I'd love to have the opportunity to read more, but being as caught up in movies and music and work and school as I am I rarely get the chance to read anything not school-related. My favoritefavoritefavorite books are graphic novels though, my all-time favorite book being Blankets by Craig Thompson. I also admit I'm a sucker for YA stuff and I love John Green with Looking For Alaska being my favorite of his by far. I also DO enjoy the more literary stuff I read as an English major, Jean Rhys being probably the 'literature' author whom I've enjoyed the most. But typing this right now I'm procrastinating doing reading for my classes so....

Other stuff: I love t-shirts, redbubble.com is the best (size medium). I want pretty much everything on this page: http://www.redbubble.com/shop/brave+little+toaster. I also think this is hilarious: http://www.redbubble.com/people/xkillyridolsx/works/9969975-antichrist?grid_pos=4&p=t-shirt. I collect Brand New shirts, this is probably the oldest one I have (http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFg4MDA=/z/hL0AAOSwBLlVQnJZ/$_1.JPG). I'm not really into drinking, so sending alcohol would probably be lost on me unfortunately. Not that I don't drink, because I absolutely do, but I'd rather have a Budweiser or a PBR than a craft beer.

And favorite color: Yellow. Not necessarily sunshine-yellow, but a darker yellow, maybe even a yellowy-orange. Fall colors.

hey whats up! my name is niku and im a 27 year old person that exists. i live right next to disneyland and do artist management for a living.

few interests are vinyl (duh), snapbacks (i mostly rock adidas or sport team ones) craft beer (mostly sour and barrel aged stuff that I can cellar away), shoes, and traveling. I travel a fuck ton. i also really love cheese. 100% apple supporter. im also 420 friendly and enjoy a nice dab here or there at the end of my work day to try and decompress. 

the only brands i really rock are adidas, rayban, zanerobe and vans. a lot of black usually. 

i love female fronted indie/alternative/electro stuff. always looking for new acts that I can get into that fall into that genre. avid citizen collector, i also really love artists like asgeir, ttng, oh wonder, pvris, sir sly, the dear hunter and daft punk. been listing to a lot of the the world is a beautiful place and coeur de pirate recently. 

tv shows i enjoy are things like archer, breaking bad, lost, fargo, walking dead, better call saul, episodes, party down, eastbound and down,  the office etc.

enjoy doing things outside, going to movies, sour candy, favourite color is purple, getting tattoos, going to whole foods and spending everything i have, pizza, mexican food.

i guess i can expand on this if need be. just hit up the SS admin and tell them to tell me to post more info. I was gonna write more but just wanted to get something up so that you had SOMETHING to go off of!

so, santa..i'm joe. 28 and living in seattle. i travel a good amount and am currently in china, hence my delay in posting this write up. i've also never been good about posting in general but this is my 3rd or 4th SS.

i enjoy music, sports, politics, coffee, and other typical things. musically some of my recent likes include 1st vows, the dear hunter, mansions, the front bottoms, envy on the coast, brandon flowers, and against me!. my tbs collection, especially tayf, is probably my latest priority to get back on track. sports wise i'm a denver bronco and detroit red wing fan. for movies, some of my favorites include donnie darko, mrs. doubtfire, sister act (just the 1st. #2 is awful), and the mighty ducks. that about sums it up.

I'm way late. A day in bed sick seems like a good time to catch up. 

David - 38 going on 37, I'm very realistic. I humor myself saying I have eclectic music tastes but in the end I love my gritty Hardcore and Punk stuff. I'd say a secret Santa can't go wrong fishing for Lee Fields records for me, I've been digging his sound but not buying. I love a good mix - especially something that I can run to. I love DIY 90s me - not the Brand New Mall Variety. I know that makes me a terrible person. I am a volunteer firefighter, avid coffee drinker who loves local roasts, crazy cat guy (I'd marry the woman that did the whole crying about how cute cats are video if I wasn't already married). I take philanthropy and volunteerism pretty seriously. I have a five year old obsessed with Legos so including him earns an extra point or two. Recent bands I've enjoyed: Loved that Crash of Rhinos lp from a couple years back. Poppier stuff: I like those Front Bottoms lips.  I like records that don't overproduce to the point of taking out the human element.

I am a size M or L T-shirt - either works. I love documentaries but have probably seen most that you'd send. I love Ernest movies and have certainly seen it all by now. I am a Star Wars obsessed fellow as well - can't go wrong with Star Wars stuff.

Hope things are well out there. Thanks for trying to make something out of how little I'm giving! 

Hello Secret Santa,

First, I would like to say I am sorry for your wait for this "About Me" page. This is the first time I have been able to sit down and compose this in a while.

I also would like to start out this page by saying that I am easy to please and appreciate the trouble of you finding something you think I will like! I know it can even be a hassle to make it out to the post office.

As for the music I listen to, over the last couple of years I have really decided that my favorite band is THE MUSIC.
( http://www.discogs.com/artist/225100-The-Music) Their music is kind of hard to find unless you just look at their Discogs page. I have their 3 full lengths and I am getting really close to having all of their music that is on vinyl. Then I will probably move on to their CDs (the ones I don't have).
A few other bands that I am a fan of are: Finch, AFI, Alien Ant Farm, Relient K, Motion City Soundtrack, Jimmy Eat World, Sugarcult (love them!!), Joey Cape, The Ataris, The Playing Favorites, Anberlin, Switchfoot, Incubus, Jurassic 5, Hot Hot Heat, The Killers etc.

I have also been into collecting cassettes of some of my favorite albums. I will have more photos of this over on the cassette board soon.
Actually, I have been buying more cassettes than I have vinyl these last few weeks.

I also like to buy vinyl soundtracks to some of my favorite movies.

I am not going to list favorite movies, but I will say that if my Secret Santa wants to get me any kind of comedy, I would just say, I am not a fan of overly raunchy comedy. For instance, I do not like South Park (for many reasons).
But I will watch something like "This Is The End."

Favorite current TV- Orphan Black(I LOVE Tatiana Maslany!), The Walking Dead/Fear The Walking Dead, Gotham, The Flash, iZombie, The 100, The Amazing Race(very fun show), Better Call Saul, The Strain, Always Sunny and probably more I am forgetting.

Favorite Past TV- The X-Files, Seinfeld, 90's Nickelodeon, FreakyLinks, Harsh Realm, The Lone Gunmen, Mcguyver and more I am forgetting.

My favorite video game console is the Sega Dreamcast and my favorite video game series of all time is Shenmue (this has been a great year to be a Shenmue fan). Shenmue 3 was announced at this year's E3 after 14 years of hibernation and a huge cliffhanger that fans were left with at the end of Shenmue 2. And for me, the announcement of the Shenmue OST on vinyl from Data Discs was awesome! I bought all 3 variants.

Some other favorite Sega game series are Sonic the Hedgehog (old school), Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi and more current, the: Bioshock series, Batman Arkham games and the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

I am sorry if this is not enough info. While it is a lot of writing, there may not be enough personal info, I just prefer it that way.

-Joseph.

EDITED- added Television likes.

Hey guys! Suppose I should post one of these now. Was trying to keep up with the thread and post one at the beginning of the intro part but I got caught up in work, school and Metal Gear. :P

Anyways! I'm Kevin. My tradelist is woefully out of date but I tried to delete some of the stuff I no longer have. My want list on Deadformat is now up to date, though! I'm awfully at keeping DF up to date. But I love a lot of post-hardcore bands, like the bands on Blue Swan (Dance Gavin Dance-esque), used to be into A Day to Remember and stuff like that, and I have a weird affinity for early-to-mid-2000s emo/post-hardcore like From Autumn to Ashes, Underoath, Dead Poetic, stuff like that. I also love some folky music like Murder by Death (probably my favorite band), Good Old War, and a bunch of other smaller bands that I don't feel like naming. Some of my other favorites are Circa Survive, The Dear Hunter, Taking Back Sunday, the like.

I love crime novels and TV shows and movies. Old Elmore Leonard books, Sons of Anarchy, Gangster Squad, The Godfather, Breaking Bad, Cormac McCarthy books, just to name a few. I play a lot of video games, Fallout being by far my favorite. I drink a lot. I love whiskey, especially bourbon, I love hard ciders, the like. I smoke hookah on occasion and like cool and yummy flavors of shisha. Um, I'm running out of things about me. Lol.

So yeah.

Hey Secret Santa sorry I took forever on this.

Me: Im 22 and live in the middle of no where Virginia

Music: Favorite bands are Turnover and Down to Nothing. I have an almost complete Turnover collection sans a few of the Tests. Really into anything in the vein of those bands. Recently been listening to Knuckle Puck, Better Off, The Front Bottoms. 

Games: Love playing Xbox One. Favorite game at the moment is Destiny. Seriously ashamed of the amount of time Ive put into this game. Also into Halo, Borderlands (Yet to grab the Handsome Collection).

TV/Movies: South Park, Always Sunny, The League, Star Wars. You get the gist.

Other stuff: Really like traditional tattoos and flash. Cold brew coffee is my favorite thing at the moment. That is pretty much it about me. Will update this if I think of anything else.

Hey guys!

ME:

My name is Alex. I work at a retirement home, take morning classes at the local community college, and I'll be 19 at the end of January. I am responsible for guitars and voice in a garage band with a few of my friends called Fucking Corndogs (from Minutemen's "History Lesson, Part II"). I've played guitar for about eight years and music has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. How's that for cliche?

MUSIC:

My primary musical influences - conveniently, also some of my favorite bands - include Descendents, NOFX, Propagandhi, Sublime, and the Smiths. My trade list, at least concerning these artists, is pretty much entirely up to date but my want list could use some heavy revision. I'll get on that, but whoever my SS is: I trust your judgment. I like just about anything that came out of the punk scene in the 80s and 90s, so I don't think I'm too hard to shop for. I have a soft spot for, but am terribly uninformed about, funk and soul music as well; I like Roy Ayers and Marvin Gaye.

Last year I received an LP from a German band called Messer, and it was great - if you're from somewhere overseas, or your town has an interesting or thriving local music scene, I'd love to hear some of it!

I do not like Brand New or much modern pop punk at all past blink 182's Take Off Your Pants and Jacket and even that album is pushing it. Enema of the State will probably always be my guilty pleasure, though.

MOVIES and TELEVISION:
I wouldn't call myself a movie buff, but I do like to watch a lot of movies. Some of my favorites are the Shawshank Redemption, It's a Wonderful Life and Glory Daze. My favorite comedies are Clerks, Office Space and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

I love movies and documentaries about crime, gangs and the mob - obviously the Godfather trilogy, Goodfellas, and the Departed rank near the top of my list, and I could watch Donnie Brasco and Blow a hundred times. I can't wait to go see Black Mass on my next day off. I guess I'm a pretty big Johnny Depp fan then, at least with regard to his more serious roles. 

This interest extends to TV, too. I've watched Breaking Bad through three or four times and watched Better Call Saul religiously. Lately I've been watching Boardwalk Empire, debating whether I should shell out the cash for season four on Amazon Prime, and in the meantime starting the Sopranos.

I also like TV about cars, especially Top Gear and Wheeler Dealers, although I am not much of a typical car guy. I drive a 1988 Honda Accord, so.

GAMES:

I don't play as many video games as I used to, but I am really into Grand Theft Auto and hugely excited for Fallout 4. I preordered the Pip-Boy edition and I don't even have a next-gen console to play it on.

Aside from video games, I love Scrabble.

OTHER:
I like patches and pins/buttons, as well! As I write this I am sewing a Subhumans patch onto my jacket. I love to represent my favorite bands and labels. 

--

Anyway, I hope that is sufficient. I'll add more if I think of anything.

My name's Mike, I'm 35, and I live in Chicago (by way of Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Columbus, Ohio). My DF tradelist is in my sig and that'll give you the best picture of what I have and types of music I dig. I just updated the Wants page as well (Hint, hint, wink, wink) The broad overview is that I enjoy rock music. Specifically:

post-rock instrumental (Caspian, TWDY, Denovali releases, etc)

alt-country/Americana (Tim Barry, Two Cow Garage, bands Virgil dicked over, etc)

90s emo (Texas is the Reason, Blacktop Cadence, Deep Elm, etc)

anything with a catchy hook (Weezer, Ozma, etc).

Lately, I've also been really digging:

girl-fronted/all-girl garage/pop punk (The Chubbies, HissyFIts, Donnas, Vyvyan, etc)

scuzzy garage and rockabilly (Estrus, Sympathy for the Record Industry, Quadrajets, etc).

My nostalgiacore bands would be anything from the mid-late 90s and early 2000s Columbus Ohio scene (A Planet for Texas, New Bomb Turks, Cowslingers, Bassholes, Jon Chinn bands, anything on Burnt Sienna, etc).

I have plenty of t-shirts (according to my wife). I also have a 6 year old daughter, and we love listening to music and playing games together. I'm not too big on movies or comics. South Park's the only TV show that I 'have to catch'. I occasionally find myself watching way to much House Hunters International, if you want to buy me a vacation home, or anything. Historical non-fiction is my prefered literary genre. I'm always sad when I see the Manifest Destiny thread and realize it's not about the westward expansion of the US. I fly people around the universe for a living, so space stuff is also appreciated. Used to be way more into sports than I am today; now I really only follow college football.

Hey my name is Will Smith (no relation to the actor). I'm 27 living in Charleston, SC but I'm a born and bred New Yorker. I work at Verizon Wireless and recently became engaged to my love of three years Candace. Started collecting about a year ago and I have about 300 LP's. I need to upgrade my TT as I'm still rocking the ATLP-60 but don't have the funds right now.

I love reading, music, singing, sports and video games.

Favorite Author : John Grisham

Drinks: I'm definitely a beer guy and I'm willing to try anything as I like to experiment, but I don't mind a stiff liquor drink after work sometimes. I've gotten more into craft beers lately and it's always cool to try new stuff

Music: COHEED AND CAMBRIA!!!, John Mayer, The Devil Wears Prada, Alter Bridge, August Burns Red, Four Year Strong, State Champs, Foo Fighters, Frank Ocean, Drake, Chris Brown, Janelle Monae, Anita Baker, Sade, Michael Buble, T.I., Jay-Z, T/T/T, Kanye, Katy Perry, Killswitch Engage, Lower Than Atlantis, Maroon 5, Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Nas, Lloyd Banks, Paramore, fun., Pusha T, and I have a HUGE music/real life crush on Sara Bareilles (LAWD). Think Juan/Taylor Swift levels of love. That's me and Sara.

Sports: I'm a proud season ticket holder for the South Carolina Gamecocks and my other sports affiliations are the Yankees, Knicks, Carolina Panthers, NY Rangers,and NYCFC.

Video Games: been a gamer since I was 5 when I got a Nintendo from my grandma. I currently play on my X1 and PS4. I'm pretty well rounded as far as games go but most of my time is spent playing sports games and RPG's.

Movies: I'm down for about anything. I love a good story. The Dark Knight is one of my favorites, as well as the whole Marvel movie series.

TV: same as movies but I'm a huge fan currently of Sons of Anarchy, Law and Order SVU, Chicago Fire/PD, The Ultimate Fighter and anything WWE related.

Currently have one tattoo but I'm planning on more. It's definetly going to be Coheed themed!!

My tradelist is in my signature and I promise it will be fully updated by Friday!

Thanks for reading!!