Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

So my SS went above and beyond. First off not pictured is a TSSF shirt and a Run For Cover Mixed Signals LP! Been meaning to pick that up.

Ty42Iir.jpg

The Pop bobble heads are some of my favorite. Currently have the storm trooper sitting on my desk. So much cool stuff that I never would have thought of. And coolest of all was Borderlands: The Handsome collection. Had been meaning to get this and it came as a huge surprise. Well I originally guessed wrong but my SS was Violentshark87. Thanks so much dude!

Finally had a moment to open mine. Wanted to wait, but life gets hectic after today with work, family, traveling, rinse, repeat. Honored, flattered, and excited to thank BROCK N ROLL! Thug life bitches! He hit it out of the park and it was extremely thoughtful of him for the time and energy he put into this. Comments below. 

3Enj7mW.jpg

Nailed it! Being a teacher, reading is a huge part of my life. Additionally, I am proud of where I came from, Brock rocked it with: 

100 Things Syracuse Fans... - Look forward to reading this! 

Syracuse Beer Koozie - Will certainly be using this as I surely enjoy the wonders of beer. WIll be rocking this at my weekly vinyl night at the local watering hole. 

Arizona Cardinals Ornament! - Been a fan for a long time (most laugh at me) but I am proud to be a fan and first Cardinals ornament for my family. My daughter will love hanging this up on the tree. 

Against Me and Less Than Jake DVDS - These will be so great while grading papers and planning. Can't wait to watch. 

JDoZpPM.jpg?1

Brock N Roll! Thank you dude. Having a Jukebox, I love 7 inch records. I didn't have any of these! Some were on the radar! I can't wait to spin these and add them to my collection. Against Me and Less Than Jake are bands I love! 

Against Me - White People For Peace 

Against Me - Crime (white) - Stoked for this! 

Against Me - Thrash Unreal

Less Than Jake - G-Man Training Target

Less Than Jake - Do the Math (Green White Blend) 

nJeD7k0.jpg

Seriously, more? 

Less Than Jake - Goodbye Blue and White (Blue) - Always wanted to pick this up and didn't. 

Burnman - Notes... - Funny thing is, I just picked this up locally as a recommendation. Doesn't matter! This copy is in better shape and I am so happy to own it. I will pay it forward and pass on my other copy to a friend. 

Classic Cars - Once again, Reading! My father is a mechanic and owns his own shop. From a young age I was around classic cars, hot rods, etc. I love reading these types of books. Additionally, it's something I can incorporate in my classroom! 

Thank you so much. I am very pleased with everything. Much respect dude. High fives and hugs! ***AJ***

I caved.

2v1lswo.jpg

My SS did an excellent job putting together a cool package! I got:

-A Steve Zissou print.

-2 graphic novels in book form.

-2 roll up graphic novels. I had never seen these before. They're pretty awesome.

-Persepolis on DVD

-A postcard in a really nice looking envelope.

Not pictured: the really awesome wrapping job that my SS did. I am a sucker for that type of stuff, even though I never do it myself.

I am really happy with everything. My mother had actually told me about Persepolis a while back, but I hadn't gotten around to checking it out yet. I was actually in the Drawn and Quarterly store in Montreal a few weeks ago, so seeing them represented here was a nice surprise. The postcard was really cool, especially since my SS said that they travel a lot. I am 99% sure that my SS is Tess. Merci beaucoup! You are awesome at picking stuff out, wrapping it, and you have very nice penmanship as well. Thanks so much!

Opened two Amazon packages today expecting them to be something i ordered.... However, after some sleuthing (i.e., reading the included notes) I ascertained they were SS gifts. I will post pics later tonight.

As promised. We have a t-shirt with the outline of the great state of NJ, which incorrectly indicates the capital as Asbury Park, but we all know it's really Camden. Plus, the titular big book of Sudoku. Thanks to whomever you are...

VC_SS_2015_zpsxh9gvqwf.jpg

Finally had a moment to open mine. Wanted to wait, but life gets hectic after today with work, family, traveling, rinse, repeat. Honored, flattered, and excited to thank BROCK N ROLL! Thug life bitches! He hit it out of the park and it was extremely thoughtful of him for the time and energy he put into this. Comments below.

3Enj7mW.jpg

Nailed it! Being a teacher, reading is a huge part of my life. Additionally, I am proud of where I came from, Brock rocked it with:

100 Things Syracuse Fans... - Look forward to reading this!

Syracuse Beer Koozie - Will certainly be using this as I surely enjoy the wonders of beer. WIll be rocking this at my weekly vinyl night at the local watering hole.

Arizona Cardinals Ornament! - Been a fan for a long time (most laugh at me) but I am proud to be a fan and first Cardinals ornament for my family. My daughter will love hanging this up on the tree.

Against Me and Less Than Jake DVDS - These will be so great while grading papers and planning. Can't wait to watch.

JDoZpPM.jpg?1

Brock N Roll! Thank you dude. Having a Jukebox, I love 7 inch records. I didn't have any of these! Some were on the radar! I can't wait to spin these and add them to my collection. Against Me and Less Than Jake are bands I love!

Against Me - White People For Peace

Against Me - Crime (white) - Stoked for this!

Against Me - Thrash Unreal

Less Than Jake - G-Man Training Target

Less Than Jake - Do the Math (Green White Blend)

nJeD7k0.jpg

Seriously, more?

Less Than Jake - Goodbye Blue and White (Blue) - Always wanted to pick this up and didn't.

Burnman - Notes... - Funny thing is, I just picked this up locally as a recommendation. Doesn't matter! This copy is in better shape and I am so happy to own it. I will pay it forward and pass on my other copy to a friend.

Classic Cars - Once again, Reading! My father is a mechanic and owns his own shop. From a young age I was around classic cars, hot rods, etc. I love reading these types of books. Additionally, it's something I can incorporate in my classroom!

Thank you so much. I am very pleased with everything. Much respect dude. High fives and hugs! ***AJ***

Yeah dude! Glad you dig everything! It was a blast putting it together.

Happy holidays!

I caved.

2v1lswo.jpg

My SS did an excellent job putting together a cool package! I got:

-A Steve Zissou print.

-2 graphic novels in book form.

-2 roll up graphic novels. I had never seen these before. They're pretty awesome.

-Persepolis on DVD

-A postcard in a really nice looking envelope.

Not pictured: the really awesome wrapping job that my SS did. I am a sucker for that type of stuff, even though I never do it myself.

I am really happy with everything. My mother had actually told me about Persepolis a while back, but I hadn't gotten around to checking it out yet. I was actually in the Drawn and Quarterly store in Montreal a few weeks ago, so seeing them represented here was a nice surprise. The postcard was really cool, especially since my SS said that they travel a lot. I am 99% sure that my SS is Tess. Merci beaucoup! You are awesome at picking stuff out, wrapping it, and you have very nice penmanship as well. Thanks so much!

So glad you dig all of it! Persepolis is forever one of my favorites. (The books and the movie.) I got those little roll up comics in Prague. I had never seen anything like that either! Anyway. I hope you have the best Christmas, dude.

Edit: oh! And the wrapping paper was actually this huge black and white print of a photo of mine. It used to be on my wall but since it started ripping I just decided to use it as wrapping paper. <3 recycle life. Cheers!

As promised. We have a t-shirt with the outline of the great state of NJ, which incorrectly indicates the capital as Asbury Park, but we all know it's really Camden. Plus, the titular big book of Sudoku. Thanks to whomever you are...

VC_SS_2015_zpsxh9gvqwf.jpg

That's actually very low on the map to be Asbury. It is actually where Seaside is. Barring your SS being a poor cartographer, and I really don't want to get you too excited, it appears Snooki has pitched in to wish you a fist-pumping Merry Christmas!!!!! Lucky!!!!!

(PS - I did not send this despite my obvious appreciation and affection for my home state)

That's actually very low on the map to be Asbury. It is actually where Seaside is. Barring your SS being a poor cartographer, and I really don't want to get you too excited, it appears Snooki has pitched in to wish you a fist-pumping Merry Christmas!!!!! Lucky!!!!!

(PS - I did not send this despite my obvious appreciation and affection for my home state)

Nothing against Snooki, airbursh t-shirts and polish water ice, but I think that's a tad bit north of sleezeside, judging by the center of the star to the point at Barnegat Inlet. I am going with Brick. Spent many a day at the Bricktown Skate Park. good times.

Nothing against Snooki, airbursh t-shirts and polish water ice, but I think that's a tad bit north of sleezeside, judging by the center of the star to the point at Barnegat Inlet. I am going with Brick. Spent many a day at the Bricktown Skate Park. good times.

my money's on farmingdale or howell. 

Both in CT and DC, people always say the nastiest things about Jersey!  Personally I love the full service stations

Jersey is much maligned. However, if keeps the shoobies out the better. There is already enough people as is. It the mostly densely populated state in the Union and most of the population is concentrated in 8 or 9 counties.

That said, in an hour or two you can be at the shore, "mountains", pine barrens, rolling farmlands, NYC, Philly, etc. There's great pizza and bagels. What's not to love?

I just opened mine up and holy shit.. dude, you didn't half ass it at all. I've been wanting just about everything on that list. well the book is gonna be a interesting read and that one cavallo 7" i've never head of so thanks for everything.. Seriously, i was just talking to my roommates the other day about how i really wanted to watch TITUS because they had never seen it, but my dvd is still boxed up in Portland. so now i get to watch it too.> HECK YES!!! now i can take that PRINCES OF PEACE 7" off my list. 

THANKYOU MISTER HOWELL!!!!!!!! MY GIFT RULED!!!!

12376559_1014047768653487_73853676529408

Edited by controlthebleeding