Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

mine came in! I'm glad the zip code failure didn't mess it up too much. The box is pretty big, and I am quite excited to open it on Christmas.

I'm glad.

As of right now. I'm only waiting on 1 to arrive to their designated location. Hopefully they arrive tomorrow. This was sent late because the designated person flaked out. I got my fingers crossed.

Fuck yeah!

E06F59F7-0BA9-4530-88C8-04297571B71B_zps

•A nice note

•A USB drive with music

•La Dispute - Somewhere at the Bottom... On purple

•Murder by Death split

•Handome LP

•Child Bite split

•Like Rats 7"

•Another 7" I don't get know the name of because I suck at reading cursive writing :P

•Some stickers!

•An ISIS CD

•BUTTONS

Funny enough, I got a huge package from MBD on the same day as this so that split was right on point. It's one of the few I was missing. That La Dispute record is awesome since I had to trade mine awhile back for something I needed more. I love hearing music from people's hometowns so the other LP and split were cool. The 7" (Fuck Your something in cursive) was definitely my favorite out of the stuff I didn't know. I went through and listened to all the music on the playlist (sadly not in order because playlist files don't like me and wouldn't import in to anything) and definitely found some rad music I'm gonna have to look into! I'm also always happy to add more buttons to my "why do I have all these buttons?" box and some of the ones you sent are really rad!

My SS is definitely Mike aka smailtronic unless someone else lives in Chocago, works at Adler and listens to the same obscure and amazing emo bands. :P

Thanks a ton dude!

You are most welcome. Sorry it got there a little late, but glad you enjoyed it!

And now, on to my Santa.

23561908359_960945a553.jpg

The guy on the right in the bathtub is an old co-worker of mine. This is their first 7" and a comp 2x7" they were on. The Prozacs/Guts split was also a nice surprise. Bands I haven't heard of, and enjoy are always a welcome surprise.

23821474932_d3f122207f.jpg

This is Barghest's newest LP The Virtuous Purge. Barghest is a black metal band from Baton Rouge, where I used to live. I never got around to picking up this album, so I'm pretty excited to finally have a copy.

23302975213_8ec494e27c.jpg

My Santa also BUILT ME A HAND-MADE 'NOW PLAYING' STAND! This is crazy awesome, and way beyond what I ever would've expected to receive. I managed to strip the screws while putting it together (because I'm an idiot who didn't read the directions), but I'm going to get some replacements to put it together properly.

23561908159_e64b1ee1bd.jpg

Finally there's a calendar and beautiful coffee table book of Hubble images. I run a planetarium, so these are both pretty spot-on gifts. Santa also included a nice mix cd of Canadian bands. My Santa is totally DafTyler. Thanks for everything, this is an awesome collection of stuff!

You are most welcome. Sorry it got there a little late, but glad you enjoyed it!

And now, on to my Santa.

23561908359_960945a553.jpg

The guy on the right in the bathtub is an old co-worker of mine. This is their first 7" and a comp 2x7" they were on. The Prozacs/Guts split was also a nice surprise. Bands I haven't heard of, and enjoy are always a welcome surprise.

23821474932_d3f122207f.jpg

This is Barghest's newest LP The Virtuous Purge. Barghest is a black metal band from Baton Rouge, where I used to live. I never got around to picking up this album, so I'm pretty excited to finally have a copy.

23302975213_8ec494e27c.jpg

My Santa also BUILT ME A HAND-MADE 'NOW PLAYING' STAND! This is crazy awesome, and way beyond what I ever would've expected to receive. I managed to strip the screws while putting it together (because I'm an idiot who didn't read the directions), but I'm going to get some replacements to put it together properly.

23561908159_e64b1ee1bd.jpg

Finally there's a calendar and beautiful coffee table book of Hubble images. I run a planetarium, so these are both pretty spot-on gifts. Santa also included a nice mix cd of Canadian bands. My Santa is totally DafTyler. Thanks for everything, this is an awesome collection of stuff!

Glad you like the stuff dude! Was kinda just picking stuff at random off your deadformat haha.

Im a little bit of a space geek too. When that book arrived I was flipping through it and was super jealous!

Glad you like the record stand, I was going to try and stain merry Christmas or something on the bottom, but was scared I would fuck it up.

Anyways man it was fun buying for you and Im glad you enjoyed it!

I don't know the particulars, but my original SS had some issues and had to bow out. I hope everything is ok and wish them all the best. I did receive a mystery package a few days ago (pic is above in this thread), which may or may not have come for them If so, thanks! In the last several days i received four packages sent from across the county by four kind souls who stepped in for the original SS. That is awesome and speaks to the sense of community within VC. I want to thank Mike and everyone involved in the SS effort. This is my 1st year participating and will be sure to continue my involvement. I cant wait to see if my SS liked what i sent. Now on to the pictures

Package #1

A gameboy advantage with a super mario bros. I just rocked this out and smashed some koopas. Mario does not seem to like turtles... I think this is from tellallyourfriends based on the fact that he is the only person i know in Palpatine, IL.

GBA_SS_Gift_zpsnmeonn9r.jpg

Package #2

I was not familiar with Early Graves or Hidden Masters. Early Graves is fast heavy hardcore while Hidden Masters is a Scottish psychedelic rock band. Both Good Stuff. Thanks! This came from Durham. I used to live in Raleigh, it is a small world.

Early Graves - Red Horse 12" - White /200

Hidden Masters - Of This & Other Worlds 12" - Black /300

Rations - Martyrs and Prisoners 7" - White /1000

HM_SS_Gifts_zps38emzpsw.jpg

Package #3

I am a huge MBD fan. However, i did not own "Who Will Survive..." on vinyl until now. Thanks so much! It was sent from CO and sender has attended the Stanley Hotel shows. I am jealous. I was not familiar with Spitfire or Accident Prone. Spitfires is screamy hardcore and Accident Prone is more punkish HC from Norfolk. I need to give everything a full spin, but is there an Accident Prone - Futurama connection? Thanks to the sender! I will have lots a Xmas vinyl to spin and annoy my Justin Timberlake loving wife.

Murder by Death - Who Will Survive... 2x12" - Black & White

Spitfire - Self-Help 12" - Black /100 with Demo 7" /300

Accident Prone - Idle Hands 7" - Black /250

MBD_SS_Gifts_zpsbnqydnf4.jpg

Package #4.

This is an OG press of Murphy's Law first record. Plus, it was once owned by someone in the Warzone Crew. Awesome. I have never had a vinyl copy of this sweet album. I remember hearing it on WSOU in middle school. I used to record the show (as i would often fall asleep - it was on late on a school night) and then make mix tapes of favorite songs. Ahh, the days before the internet and discretionary income. Jimmy G. is a funny guy and Murphy's Law always put on a great live show. Thanks! and much jersey love to the sender.

MurphysLaw_SS_Gift_zpsbbh3i5v4.jpg

Happy Holidays and all the best to Kith and Kin! I would love to personally thank all the senders. Feel free to get in touch.

I'll reveal myself as the Murphy's Law sender. I thought you'd dig it from your list so I'm glad I guessed right. I fell into an old friends collection and promised not to sell anything I already owned but to find those good homes. You fit the bill for ML. 

I also will let Dom know I sent the Coheed/Dead Kennedy's package. Young man, your homework over break is to rock with Jello Biafra! 

Merry Christmas gang. 

-dc

I also will let Dom know I sent the Coheed/Dead Kennedy's package. Young man, your homework over break is to rock with Jello Biafra! 

I'm flying out tomorrow morning, so fuck it, I'll throw DK on right now :)

Thank you so much, like, a lot. As much as I can thank you over the internet. It was/is awesome.

My SS is jacobraccuia ;)

Pictures:

MindrYu.jpgmTy9saH.jpgP9gDWCj.jpgCawGJMh.jpgansinendersgameregarchive_thumb_abd89853

DUDE

A FUCKING MONDO PRINT??

So stoked on this, it's actually my first Mondo print.  I actually have never read the book or seen the movie, but it's been on my to-read/watch list for a long time, a lot of people have recommended it to me.  This actually prompted me to jump on Amazon and grab a copy.  I really dig the print, it has a very cool, 2001 style vibe to it.  (I used a stock photo because I didn't actually unroll it, I was frightened my son would get his grubby hands on it, haha)

Starflyer 59 - Talking Voice vs Singing Voice - Thank you!!  I'm always excited to add to my (currently very small) SF59 collection, everything Jason does is gold.  This has been on my wantlist forever.

Nine Inch Nails - (OG) Pretty Hate Machine - Another one on my list for a long time that I've never picked up.  Both of these records will get a lot of play!

Loved the note, and love that you thought of sending me that notorious beer.  I send beer over the boarder every year for SS, but I'm always taking a huge gamble that the whole package will be confiscated, haha.

Cheers man, well done!  (left you feedback, because why the fuck not?)

I'll reveal myself as the Murphy's Law sender. I thought you'd dig it from your list so I'm glad I guessed right. I fell into an old friends collection and promised not to sell anything I already owned but to find those good homes. You fit the bill for ML. 

Merry Christmas gang. 

-dc

thanks so much again for helping out with not one, but two people that got flaked on this year! you are a wonderful human and i hope you have the very best christmas! 

Dave's a badass every year for people.

I'm jealous of the Murphy's law lp too.. lol

ha. i'm jealous of the coheed mis-press! 

and thanks to everyone else who contributed as well! won't name names because i know dom wants to figure it out himself, but you are all wonderful and amazing!

Judging by the bands on the mixes, the location, and the overall vibe... My SS is deadreckoning! Dude! Thank you so much! I'm excited to dive in with all of this music and the other stuff is rad too!

Here's a quick rundown of the gifts I received:

Hesher - DVD - I was not aware that this movie existed, but I am so stoked to watch it!

Pleasure Leftists - The Woods of Heaven LP - again, not familiar, but I just listened to "You You" and I'm excited to hear the rest!

The King of New Orleans - I dig JYD and I've heard stories, but I've never gotten to know him too well. This will be a fun read!

Love Letter - game - little games like this are a lot of fun! This had been on my radar, but I don't have it yet!

Book of 5 mix CDs, different genres - Wow! Seriously, this is amazing! So much new (to me) stuff! I have a feeling I'm gonna like a lot of this.

Fossil scallop shells from Calvert Cliffs, MD! Sweet!

Some random stickers and whatnot. Laughs and smiles ensued.

And now for a few pictures...

vwDnSu0.jpg

(she was eating yogurt)

BXIJId2.jpg

XZk4jIJ.jpg

Thanks so so so much, again! I hope my SS likes their gifts as much as I enjoyed receiving these! Merry Christmas!

Opened mine two nights ago but haven't had a chance to post mine.  

1cbd0532-9d52-4008-acc1-a740c18ddb80_zps

I'm stoked that my Secret Santa sent me some new tunes I haven't heard of.  The tunes:

-Kishi Bashi- Lighght; so stoked on this because my gal has been mentioning how badly she needs new music and she absolutely loves this record. 

-White Lung- Sorry; I had a chance to check these guys out and I'm really digging the aggressive, female fronted punk rock.  

- The Fuse!- The Fisherman's Wife; this looks interesting and my SS described it as punk I would dig on

- Foundation- Chimborazo; I've heard about this in the past and I love Ann Beretta so I'm really looking forward to this one. 

Also included, some neat stickers and a Batmanga, which I've never heard of, but I love all things Batman. 

I'm so stoked about how personalized my SS made this package and I'm always excited to hear new tunes.  It looks as though my SS is from the Seattle area; but, I couldn't find anyone here that it could be.  So to whomever my SS is- thank you so so much, I truly appreciate it!

Opened mine two nights ago but haven't had a chance to post mine.  

1cbd0532-9d52-4008-acc1-a740c18ddb80_zps

I'm stoked that my Secret Santa sent me some new tunes I haven't heard of.  The tunes:

-Kishi Bashi- Lighght; so stoked on this because my gal has been mentioning how badly she needs new music and she absolutely loves this record. 

-White Lung- Sorry; I had a chance to check these guys out and I'm really digging the aggressive, female fronted punk rock.  

- The Fuse!- The Fisherman's Wife; this looks interesting and my SS described it as punk I would dig on

- Foundation- Chimborazo; I've heard about this in the past and I love Ann Beretta so I'm really looking forward to this one. 

Also included, some neat stickers and a Batmanga, which I've never heard of, but I love all things Batman. 

I'm so stoked about how personalized my SS made this package and I'm always excited to hear new tunes.  It looks as though my SS is from the Seattle area; but, I couldn't find anyone here that it could be.  So to whomever my SS is- thank you so so much, I truly appreciate it!

It was actually me! I guess my hints were a bit too subtle. ;)

Glad you like everything, though! The Batmanga book is the English translation of the original manga adaptation of the comic series, back from the short-lived Batman craze Japan went through in the mid-1960s. I asked the guy who runs my local comic shop what would be a good gift for a Batman fan, and he suggested this, so I flipped through a few pages and it seemed too cool not to get. Also, glad to hear about the Kishi Bashi album working out for your ladyfriend! Happy coincidence, haha.