PO: Disney Silly Symphony Collection

Not sure if this is anyone's cup of tea on here but it seems like an awesome thing for Disney collectors. I don't have the money to drop on it personally as it is rather pricey but some might be interested.

http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/rgshop/silly-symphony-collection/

The Silly Symphony Collection will include a free digital download with purchase of the box set and will retail for $399.98. Each guest who pre-orders The Silly Symphony Collection will receive a free limited edition 10” vinyl single featuring “The Skeleton Dance” on the A side and “Three Little Pigs” on the B side.

The Silly Symphony Collection is a first-of-its-kind box set from Walt Disney Records and Fairfax Classics featuring the complete restored soundtracks from all 75 Silly Symphony shorts from 1929-1939, with more than 8 hours of music over 16 vinyl LPs.

The limited edition collection is housed in 8 tip-on gatefold jackets with original animation art in a beautifully constructed foil-stamped and numbered slipcase. Soundtracks of Disney classics such as The Skeleton Dance by Carl Stalling, Three Little Pigs by Frank Churchill, and Donald Duck’s debut The Wise Little Hen by Leigh Harline will be presented in full for the first time ever on record. Each gatefold jacket includes detailed liner notes for every short by Disney historians J.B. Kaufman and Russell Merritt, authors of the definitive book on the series, Walt Disney’s Silly Symphonies: A Companion to the Classic Cartoon Series.

All pre-orders will ship before the holidays.

silly-box-set-520x520.jpgUnknown-2-520x520.jpegUnknown-1-520x520.jpegUnknown-520x520.jpeg

The Silly Symphony Collection

Volume 1: 1929•1930
The Skeleton Dance
El Terrible Toreador
Springtime
Hell’s Bells
The Merry Dwarfs
Summer
Autumn
Cannibal Capers
Night
Frolicking Fish
Arctic Antics
Midnight In A Toy Shop

Volume 2: 1930•1931
Monkey Melodies
Winter
Playful Pan
Birds of a Feather
Mother Goose Melodies
The China Plate
The Busy Beavers
The Cat’s Out
Egyptian Melodies
The Clock Store
The Spider And The Fly

Volume 3: 1931•1933
The Fox Hunt
The Ugly Duckling
The Bird Store
The Bears and the Bees
Just Dogs
Flowers and Trees
Bugs In Love
King Neptune
Babes In The Woods
Santa’s Workshop
Birds In The Spring
Father Noah’s Ark

Volume 4: 1933•1934
Three Little Pigs
Old King Cole
Lullaby Land
The Pied Piper
The China Shop
The Night Before Christmas
Grasshopper and the Ants
The Big Bad Wolf

Volume 5: 1934•1935
Funny Little Bunnies
The Flying Mouse
The Wise Little Hen
Peculiar Penguins
The Goddess of Spring
The Tortoise and the Hare
The Golden Touch
The Robber Kitten

Volume 6: 1935•1936
Water Babies
The Cookie Carnival
Who Killed Cock Robin?
Music Land
Three Orphan Kittens
Cock O’ The Walk
Three Little Wolves
Elmer Elephant

Volume 7: 1935•1937
Broken Toys
Toby Tortoise Returns
Three Blind Mouseketeers
The Country Cousin
Mother Pluto
More Kittens
Woodland Café
Little Hiawatha

Volume 8: 1937•1939
The Old Mill
Wynken, Blynken & Nod
Moth and the Flame
Merbabies
Farmyard Symphony
Mother Goose Goes Hollywood
The Practical Pig
The Ugly Duckling

Same, hoping that it doesn't sell well at that price and we get it on popmarket for cheaper

Same here. Do want for half the price. Mark up is ridiculous. 

For anyone who's thinking about this: at 8 records it's around 50 dollars a record. I can get 2xlp from mondo for 10 dollars less. (I use mondo because they are top tier expensive). 

I saved over $400 by using my self-control.

Funny, I remember people bitching about the pre-order price of the Frozen set as well for $74.99 + shipping. Granted that set has come down a bit, but good luck finding it for less than $100. Nobody ever claimed that being a Disney collector is a cheap hobby ,nor should it be with the secondary prices that these limited Disney sets can fetch. $340 for 16 records comes out to $21.25 apiece, which is very reasonable IMO. Not to mention the free Skeleton Dance single and Digital Copy of the entire set, both will be highly sought after in their own regard. 

This set is not for everybody, but there will be A LOT of demand for it. Hell, the out-of-print DVD's go for over $150 apiece....

You can save 20% on this pre-order by using Disney Premier Visa.

Use Promo Code DME + First Four Digits of Disney Visa Card

I just used it, and brought this set down to under $340 with shipping and tax. Jump on this now, offer ends August 31st. 

That's actually not bad at all. If only i had that card

Funny, I remember people bitching about the pre-order price of the Frozen set as well for $74.99 + shipping. Granted that set has come down a bit, but good luck finding it for less than $100. Nobody ever claimed that being a Disney collector is a cheap hobby ,nor should it be with the secondary prices that these limited Disney sets can fetch. $340 for 16 records comes out to $21.25 apiece, which is very reasonable IMO. Not to mention the free Skeleton Dance single and Digital Copy of the entire set, both will be highly sought after in their own regard. 

This set is not for everybody, but there will be A LOT of demand for it. Hell, the out-of-print DVD's go for over $150 apiece....

The first rule of Vinyl Collective is to never give extensive serious thought to much of what bake says.

• 4 weeks later...

Til the vinyl bubble bursts. Go into a goodwill and you can find the entire Disney filmography on VHS. Or hell, flip through the records, you'll find a bunch of old Disney soundtracks.

Wanna buy some beanie babies?

• 1 month later...