PO: Baroness - Purple

Is it me or is that artwork a bit on the rubbish side? I've enjoyed the previous artwork but something about this just doesn't seem quite right and I cant put my finger on it

Don't know why somebody downvoted you for that but like someone else said its just part of the full artwork. I'm pretty sure "Take My Bones Away" had single artwork that was just a closeup of one of the girls like this too. 

This is terrible.  I can't believe this is the same band (not all the same members of course) that put out Red album.  You could see some progression in Blue record, but it was still a really solid effort.  Yellow/Green was meh but tolerable, but this is total garbage.  That guitar solo that sounds like a keyboard (or maybe it is a keyboard) around the 4 minute mark is laughable. 

Sure! I just feel like with John's art and the lyrical style of all their past stuff, the word "Purple" just seems a little goofy, maybe blunt. It just doesn't feel like it has that same romantic ring the rest of it does. I'm sure the album itself, and the art, will quickly change my opinion on that though. 

So Red Album, Blue Record, and Yellow & Green are more 'romantic' than Purple?  What is going on here?