Official Dream Catalogue™ / Vaporwave Thread

I asked you prior to merging all these threads if you'd mind and you said, "no." If you want to make separate threads for separate labels then go for it, however if this is all the same genre and scene then I don't see a problem in keeping them in one thread. This is how things operate on the other boards.

Not trying to be rude, there were a lot of threads with Japanese text. It made this board difficult to navigate. I'm not at all trying to retard your discussion of Vaporwave releases but all those separate threads were taking up a lot of space.

You asked me about merging DC stuff into one thread, which was my intention when I made the DC thread, so I agreed it was a good idea. We can roll with this DC/Vaporwave thread though. No prob brotha.

I just got the 2814 tape in too, it's puuuuurty. Betty excited to listen to it and check out the first album's tape included with that indiegogo bundle. but the purple shell is especially nice, I'll take a pic tomorrow.

Really glad I found this label, I've been spinning CHESSMASTER all day. The vocal manipulation is so original and sounds stunning every time it cuts through the instrumentals - his mix and master is very strange and unique

Nice! Looks even more awesome in person, huh? Got a copy of 世界大戦OLYMPICS by death's dynamitc shroud.wmv in today. :D  And my copy of Vaperror's new one should be here early next week.

I'm really itching to get those chess master tapes. Non-entity is UN REAL.

Good comparison to Madvillainy with Angel. I definitely get that vibe.

0004788543_36.jpg

Foodman - COULDWORK

Listen/Buy: https://orangemilkrecords.bandcamp.com/album/couldwork

Compilation of footwork influenced vaporjams by Foodman out on Orange Milk. Only 2 copies left.

Wow, some twisted sounds on this. pretty cheap, i might pick it up, but I'm gonna listen more first.

I wish I could say with any honesty that I wasn't tempted to buy this:

https://paom.com/products/0000000p-2814/

11880325_483170455176065_707002380991101

Luca Venezia has forged a name for himself with his music over the past decade - known for his wild DJ sets and co-running the labels Trouble & Bass and Safer At Night, his production work has spread across multiple styles under his two most popular aliases Drop The Lime and Curses - from house, techno, dubstep and a bit of breakcore in between.

Now he takes another brave departure in sound and arrives at an entirely new style, releasing an original soundtrack under his real name for the first time. Arriving on Dream Catalogue for DREAM_107, ‘The Last Defender’ is a conceptual work that will fit right at home in our catalogue. John Carpenter and Vangelis-inspired synthwave meets the surrealist futurism of dream music and vaporwave, in an album that tells an abstract narrative of the protagonist ’The Last Defender’ and his war with ’The Rainmaker’ - the soundtrack to a lost science fiction neo-noir, crafted for the silver screen.

You can hear a preview track from the forthcoming album here: 
https://soundcloud.com/dreamcatalogue/luca-venezia-light-becomes-dark

The album will be released on the evening of Friday, September 4th on cassette and digital. Stay tuned for more information.

I can't wait for this. It's kind of a big deal. The preview track is synth wavy and awesome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, there has been talk about a huge 7xCS bundle featuring a reissue of every Hong Kong Express and T e l e p a t h album released by Dream Catalogue not ever released on cassette. It should be up as an Indiegogo campaign similar to the one for the 2 8 1 4 vinyl soon. Not sure if there will be other perks.

Hong Kong Express

- 浪漫的夢想 [DREAM 1]
- 2047 [DREAM_34]
- HK [DREAM_84]

T e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者

- interstellar love (w/ Vincent Remember) [DREAM_4]
- 肉体からの離脱 [DREAM_49]
- アンドロメダ [DREAM_76]

HKE & Telepath
-愛慕 / 悲哀

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally, my Chess master tapes were shipped today!  :wub:  And I got this in yesterday!

6NPLXVo.jpg

0hPaeEq.jpg

Oh yeah, one more thing:

11902265_1626598830929051_90036315641272

11951299_1626599304262337_83716680700454

Bedlam Tapes is proud to announce it's first release, 死と音楽の復活 by The OSCMOB Collective. A 114 minute compilation album consisting of 32 amazing artists from the vaporwave community.
死と音楽の復活 will be released on September 3rd at 6PM EST with a limited run of 50 professionally dubbed cassettes.

The OSCMOB Collective consists of:

2047 부드러운 아픈, ArtFluids, Bonus Fruit, Boocanan, Chungking Mansions, Cobalt Road, Darksleep, death's dynamic shroud.wmv, Digital Sex, General Translator, Hong Kong Express, ∫HYPERION∫, KING QUARTZ 石絵王, Lamitina, 「newtype」, OSCOB, Pursuing Paradise, R23X, Rȧȋɳȝow ʗȧdȋⅬⅬȧ ʗ, Remember, Renjā, Replica Federation, Rez, sky 空, Windows 98の, Wizard's Treats, Zoobooks Safari, T e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者 , witch1990, コンシャスthoughts, モールFUTURE/PAST, レクスビル8.12.

This should be un fucking real. And these will probably go very quickly.

Here are all 32 OSCMOB tracks playing simultaneously to hold us over (it actually sounds kind of great):

that polychromatic compiler tape is beautiful - it's making me want one. i do enjoy that record, but i'm not sure I full-on love it. I definitely enjoy Blank Banshee's approach to the style a bit more. still, I'll revisit it tonight, that tape alone is making me want it!

definitely hopping on the oscmob tape too, can't wait for that. the luca venezia project is very interesting - i do find the atmosphere of the preview track interesting, but it doesn't really grab me compared to some of the synthwave being made nowadays. very interested to hear the whole record, though.
CwwtZaA.jpgbig news! "Fragmented Memories" (DREAM_50) is being pressed to 4 x cassette box sets, limited to 100 via No Problema Tapes. They're taking orders September 1st - it's $28 for the set. definitely hopping on this one.

it's a huge-ass DC compilation with tons of great stuff on it. listen: https://dreamcatalogue.bandcamp.com/album/--12

Someone put up a copy of Eyeliner - Buy Now on discogs and I put it in my cart and then they took it down. :(

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/267342531

I got The Eternal Dream System (DREAM_100) and and Virtual Phantasy 2097 (DREAMCAS_4) from him for less than he had them up for, so def make an offer on that!

Cool pic man. Got mine a couple days ago too. They look and sound great.

Also, got OSCMOB and Luca Venezia ordered this week. Both are super rippers (esp. the latter).

0005697980_36.jpg

https://bedlamtapes.bandcamp.com/album/-

0005742353_36.jpg

https://dreamcatalogue.bandcamp.com/album/the-last-defender

Was super bummed when I missed the fragmented memories set, but there is supposed to be a repress of 50 sometime soon.

sorry to hear you missed out on fragmented memories - have you tried emailing no problema tapes? I emailed them to place my order and they were chill as hell - maybe they've got a spare copy somewhere they'd be willing to sell you. If not, I'm sure you'll get one eventually, whether it be a repress or from discogs or whatever.

you wouldn't happen to have the J-card art for Angel by Chessmaster would you? I just submitted a discogs entry for the tape and had to use my own crappy cell phone camera picture for it. looks baaaaad.

yeah, I've been listening to the Luca Venezia album since it came out. I'm still sort of mixed on it. Some tracks really don't do much for me, but others, particularly the second track, are absolutely gorgeous. I'll probably end up picking it up, but I've got to give it some more time to marinate first. $7 shipping is no joke. :(

0005787843_36.jpg

LifeMod -  Virtual Skies (/20)

https://poolhouseltd.bandcamp.com/album/-

Some ethereal vaporwave inspired new age. Very very cool tape. Went up yesterday and sold out, but I guess some orders didn't go through, because there are 4 left now. Get on it while you can.

0005787843_36.jpg

LifeMod -  Virtual Skies (/20)

https://poolhouseltd.bandcamp.com/album/-

Some ethereal vaporwave inspired new age. Very very cool tape. Went up yesterday and sold out, but I guess some orders didn't go through, because there are 4 left now. Get on it while you can.

aw, already gone by the time I saw it. :(

you think we'll ever get a I'll Try Living Like This tape?

Three new pre-orders are up - no mention of cassette pressing numbers so they're likely made-to-order. singles from all the records out now too, listening as we speak.

Funny you mention Remember - I just got a copy myself and was about to post this website:

http://tapeschool.com

Japanese site that has Remember, Overgrowth, Into The Light, Giant Claw's "Dark Web" and a bunch of other Vaporwave stuff that's otherwise sold out. I don't think there's an option to ship to the states from the website, but I emailed and they were happy to do it. 

Does anyone know is the 2841 vinyl will be sold anywhere? I intended to buy it (and swore I saw a post saying the indiegogo would be up thru september) but I just went to the indiegogo page and it was closed two days ago. Can anyone help me out, or know who I might contact to see if they could add one more?