Official Dream Catalogue™ / Vaporwave Thread

I think you're confused. There are two cassette editions. One was pressed by Not Not Fun (the one on DC's bandcamp) who took orders for two separate presses and they're now sold out. Then there were the DC tapes which were only available through the indiegogo preorder campaign. And those, like I said, were limited to 50 copies and are long gone. The option to buy the tapes ended well before the campaign ended.

It's worth noting you can still get the Not Not Fun edition of the casette (for Birth of a New Day at least) on that japanese site I posted earlier in the thread:

http://tapeschool.com/?product=2-8-1-4-新しい日の誕生-atarashi-nitsu-no-tanjo

Oh yeah, peachesinthesummertime, I'd grab from that site quick. You'll have to email them about ordering outside of Japan. Otherwise, there's one on discogs for $50.

0005845518_36.jpg0005845528_36.jpg

•qop• - •qop• (White, /15) (Beer Wizard)

https://beerwizard.bandcamp.com/album/qop

a collection of tracks from 6 different •qop• albums, 
go listen to the full albums on his soundcloud ! 

soundcloud.com/xxqopxx 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

7 remaining. This thing is good.

Not exactly a post for a cassette but Kurt Feldman (Ice Choir, Depreciation Guild, Roman A Clef, Pains of Being Pure at Heart) mixed/mastered some music by DV-i. https://soundcloud.com/priz-tats/sets/dv-i-aurora-memoria

It's a soundtrack to some sci-fi "Dating Sim" game that looks like its running of the engine that was used for FF7. I just downloaded the game so I can't say much for the game but I dig the music. 

Only physical variant, I say that loosely, is on a 4GB SD card that comes with the game for 14 bucks.

wow, nice collection - did you get that overgrowth from Tape School already? still waiting on my order...

I did get the fragmented memories boxset though and managed to get a spare copy of HKE's "This" by messaging Adhesive on Facebook.

The FM boxset is amazing. Absolutely insane packaging, it's beautiful. I'll post pictures tonight.

wow, nice collection - did you get that overgrowth from Tape School already? still waiting on my order...

I did get the fragmented memories boxset though and managed to get a spare copy of HKE's "This" by messaging Adhesive on Facebook.

The FM boxset is amazing. Absolutely insane packaging, it's beautiful. I'll post pictures tonight.

Yep, that's the copy I got from tapeschool. Got it way quicker than expected. Gejio rules.

I just had to upgrade from a 36 slot tape rack to a 100 slot for my vaporwave collection. Now, I have three tape racks (modern presses (100), classic presses (36) and vaporwave (100)). And I have to move next month. Ugggh. The hobby, right?

Yep, that's the copy I got from tapeschool. Got it way quicker than expected. Gejio rules.

I just had to upgrade from a 36 slot tape rack to a 100 slot for my vaporwave collection. Now, I have three tape racks (modern presses (100), classic presses (36) and vaporwave (100)). And I have to move next month. Ugggh. The hobby, right?

haha literally 20 minutes after posting that I got my package from Tape School. super happy with the tapes themselves. Can't believe how excellent DC releases sound on tape. I also noticed something weird when adding overgrowth to my discogs collection - the listing on Discogs shows translucent blue cassette shells. as far as I'm aware, this was only pressed on green. any idea what's up with that?

too many vaporwave tapes is a pretty dope problem to have. it's a great genre to just throw on and cycle through tapes at random. I just ordered Jade Statues and the new Chungking Mansions, all the singles from both projects sounded fantastic. I also noticed the shipping was only $5 - did DC manage to get post to the states more affordable, or is my memory just fuzzy?

I've still got to post that Fragmented Memories boxset on my instagram, I'll post it here once I do.

Replied on discogs. Pretty sure the tapes just look blue because of the lighting from the scanner. There was only one pressing of OVERGROWTH. Pretty sure the only DC tape that got pressed twice was Eternal Dream System..

Yeah, shipping is cheaper from DC now. They recently signed a distro deal. That's also why the albums are no longer name your price. They wanted to legitimize the company.

By the way, you heard that new chessmaster on Tokyo Exchange yet? Pretty good!

https://plus100.bandcamp.com/

/100 on Red and /50 on Blue

YEAH! I knew this was coming out, but kinda forgot about it. I dig it a lot. Sounds exactly like what you'd expect from a  t e l e p a t h and Vaperror collabo album.

Was just going to grab the blue, but the art is different, so I got both. Red looks like the t e l e p a t h variant and blue the Vaperror one. Pretty rad!