CONVERGE - Thousands of Miles Between Us Deluxe Box set (Limited): 3 X Blu-ray, Live 2XLP

I don't care if dings happen in route from he mail, but mine form KRM arrived with a heavy dent in the top. The annoying thing was it was put into the box like this because it was heavily wrapped with thick bubble wrap and put into a huge box with padding and corner protectors. The box has no dings or marks on the outside but somehow the top of this thing is HEAVILY dinged. So they probably dropped it before even putting it into the box.

My second copy arrived on the weekend. Here are now the two variants compared. You can see the hugh difference.

FVGi8Um.jpg

The KRM color is a let down, in my opionion. I don't complain about not matching the mockup, but I would have expected the same yellow as in the DW variant.

Packaging from KRM Europe was also a high risk factor (nothing happened luckily): apparently they didn't have fitting boxes for this format. Instead two regular disposable mailers were wrapped around the box and the two open sides simply sealed with tape...

DW on the other hand was high quality as expected, and super fast overseas with FedEx.

Anyway, awesome boxset. So happy, I pulled the trigger last year!

I'm super stoked for anyone who ordered a copy, but I have to say that, personally, I think none of the variants are particularly impressive or even nice to look at. The black blop/yellow does a good enough job of mirroring the overall artwork, but considering DWs expertise when it comes to impressive and contextually adapted variant choices, this would've been a minor letdown for me.

Today I finally had time to enjoy my KRM boxset. I spun the record a few times in a row and the live recording on vinyl sounds absolutely astonishing.

Regarding the whole boxset, as everybody already said, it's simply huge and very solid.

I know that the (already high) price would have been increased but a full color photobook would have been epic.

• 1 month later...

I had to let this one sink in for a while and since no one has written a review, hear I go.  

I'm thoroughly impressed with this boxset. I was skeptical at first because of the live vinyl but after listening to it many times I have found the beauty of it. This is essentially a Converge greatest hits with a highlight on AWLWLB. The songs span through much of Converge's discography and I love this. Side 2's "My unsaid everything" to "A glacial pace" to "Cutter" is just genius. You get to hear many great songs without taking out 5 records. That being said the records are fairly quiet but thats not a big deal, just crank up the volume. The actual mix sounds great and really sounds clean for a live show. It also has the perfect amount of stage banter, I could have even had more banter but its good. The highlight of the records for me is "The saddest day". This was THE closer to most of my converge shows (2001-2004). This brings me back and is the perfect end to the live set. 

The most impressive aspect of this boxset is the DVDs. The live set from Philly is great but too many camera angles for me and I find it distracting. The rest of the content on the DVDS, and I havn't watched all of it, spans over 10 years. That's insane. I get to see the Converge I grew up on and the evolution to what they are now. Yes some of the sound quality, especially the earlier shows, is shit but there is so much fucking footage to make that an issue. I thought that it would have one song for each show but these are full shows. It's incredible and very impressive. For them to come up with this concept and provide fans with such an experience shows the dedication of this band.

The slipmat, patch and book are ok. The book is ok but not something I'll flip through more than a few times. Those items act more as book ends to the record and DVD. This is really a sick boxset and the size and weight of it are kind of an allegory to the massiveness that is Converge. Thank you guys and keep it up!!

Epic show btw, great selection and performance, all collaborators did an amazing job. Of course Kurt is God, he alone is enough to fill the stage, but in my opinion Brodsky pushes Converge live experience to the next level

hmm I don't think it was epic.. it was a good show.. the sound was not good.. don't know why.. but the songs with Chelsea Wolf and of course (spoiler alert) Jane Doe were great!

Epic show btw, great selection and performance, all collaborators did an amazing job. Of course Kurt is God, he alone is enough to fill the stage, but in my opinion Brodsky pushes Converge live experience to the next level

Converge has been missing a second guitarist for ages. Every time I see them as a 4 piece, it's like hearing half the songs. I hope that Brodsky plays with them in the states a bit.