Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety / Define the Great Line Tour Repress

tlr

Just now, datraceman said:

AKA not an ebay flipper. 

If someone wants it and makes the right offer, I'll sell it to them. Not looking to get rich off it, just fund a couple of other purchases I've been looking for.

Although you say you wont sell it for "$500 or something crazy" technically trying to even double or triple your investment is the exact definition of a...FLIPPER

3 minutes ago, datraceman said:

AKA not an ebay flipper. 

If someone wants it and makes the right offer, I'll sell it to them. Not looking to get rich off it, just fund a couple of other purchases I've been looking for.

LOL how lame is this. Tons of people on the board missed out and this guy got two copies but is already taking "offers" and it just went up for sale 24 min ago.

1 minute ago, datraceman said:

Who said I was trying to double or triple, because I don't recall doing that.

Then say you're selling at cost = which NEVER means selling it for literally what you paid for it. Regular VC members know this. If someone snags extras and is willing to sell "at cost" we ALWAYS compensate with a little extra for the favor/effort. But when you upfront say "selling to best offer"...immediate negative connotation. 

13 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

Also I'm still blown away at the fact that they would only release this with tour tickets and then sell the extras later. Why did they not just do a wide release of this and make bank? Obviously there are a ton of people still looking for this on vinyl. 

I don’t think this reunion is them fishing for money... there’s so many things they could be doing to cash in, but the fact is they pressed this for the fans and they’ve been touring somewhat modestly, even opening for BMTH on the American Nightmare run. Just my thought though, I wish these would get a black repress cause idk if I want to spin the copy I just got

2 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

LOL how lame is this. Tons of people on the board missed out and this guy got two copies but is already taking "offers" and it just went up for sale 24 min ago.

2 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Then say you're selling at cost = which NEVER means selling it for literally what you paid for it. Regular VC members know this. If someone snags extras and is willing to sell "at cost" we ALWAYS compensate with a little extra for the favor/effort. But when you upfront say "selling to best offer"...immediate negative connotation. 

1 minute ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I don’t think this reunion is them fishing for money... there’s so many things they could be doing to cash in, but the fact is they pressed this for the fans and they’ve been touring somewhat modestly, even opening for BMTH on the American Nightmare run. Just my thought though, I wish these would get a black repress cause idk if I want to spin the copy I just got

I'm not saying that anything that they're doing is a cash grab. All I'm saying is a lot of people want this and don't have it. Simple supply and demand. I'd be more than willing to pay the $40 for this especially if it helps the band. 

2 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Sounds like the source code lied to that other guy hah.  

What's the total pressing number for each of these?  2700-ish?  Less than 20 of each is crazy, if so.

They did press 2700 but they sold all of those in the presale for the tour and on the first dates of both the world and american tour. 

They found a box set aside for returns or warped records at Merchline that are now leftovers and they had less than 20 of each.

1 minute ago, justin_cole12 said:

I'm not saying that anything that they're doing is a cash grab. All I'm saying is a lot of people want this and don't have it. Simple supply and demand. I'd be more than willing to pay the $40 for this especially if it helps the band. 

Nah I didn’t think you were, I just feel like maybe they have something special in store for the future with these two. They’re doing something with TCOT according to the site, didn’t know that till today.

1 minute ago, datraceman said:

They did press 2700 but they sold all of those in the presale for the tour and on the first dates of both the world and american tour. 

They found a box set aside for returns or warped records at Merchline that are now leftovers and they had less than 20 of each.

It'll be interesting to see if/how they're numbered, considering they were leftovers.  I can see the flippers now- "rare unnumbered copy! $500 plz."

I mean, yeah, I'm no computer whiz. I just know how to check inventory numbers in Chrome. Couldn't tell you what the rest of the shit means. Has it lied to me before? No. Maybe there was less than 20 of each? That only makes it shittier that that guy got 2.

1 minute ago, ethereal said:

helpful tip: utilize an auto-fill setting for limited/flash releases and be prepared.

those are the people who got through with an order.

Will have to try this. I always do PayPal thinking it'll save me time filling out financials....not this time obviously. 

9 minutes ago, The Saint said:

I mean, yeah, I'm no computer whiz. I just know how to check inventory numbers in Chrome. Couldn't tell you what the rest of the shit means. Has it lied to me before? No. Maybe there was less than 20 of each? That only makes it shittier that that guy got 2.

You know some people give records as gifts right? They could be looking out for a friend at work too. You can't always assume the worst. If your friend bought 2 and gifted you the other one you'd be stoked. It's an exception but it happens.

Just now, N8TRU1 said:

You know some people give records as gifts right? They could be looking out for a friend at work too. You can't always assume the worst. If your friend bought 2 and gifted you the other one you'd be stoked. It's an exception but it happens.

Yes, I've done that before. Not being cynical.  I'm specifically talking about the guy that got two and immediately said he would sell it to someone for a profit.