Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety / Define the Great Line Tour Repress

tlr

Went to the show last night. Absolutely insane. I had never seen Underoath before, and they just sound so in sync. I’ll summarize without giving too much away.

I got the VIP experience which was great because I got all my records signed by the dudes and had a 3 minute conversation with each member. The VIP was a great experience because it was so relaxed and non-structured.

Caspian came on around 7:30. My favorite lyric of theirs is “ “. All kidding aside, I had no idea they were an instrumental band, yet they fit in so well opening for Underoath. The first song they played blew me away. The last song they played was a quiet one and I felt bad because the entire crowd was talking over them, but then it kicked into high gear and they finished out in a really cool way.

I was front row on the bar for Underoath. Right in front of Grant and James. Holy crap. This show was so well produced. I kept trying to sing along, but I kept smiling so big. It was just crazy seeing these dudes play so well. I can’t even pinpoint a favorite part of the night. Everyone knew every song and it was just a cool experience.

I caught a pick from James and Chris gave me a setlist from the stage. My night was made. Their merch was pretty expensive so I figured I’d wait until it goes on sale after the tour is over. Like everyone else has been saying, there was no vinyl leftover. Crazy how steadily that 3,250 units sold out. I wish they had controlled that better so each date could have some.

Went to the show last night. Absolutely insane. I had never seen Underoath before, and they just sound so in sync. I’ll summarize without giving too much away.

I got the VIP experience which was great because I got all my records signed by the dudes and had a 3 minute conversation with each member. The VIP was a great experience because it was so relaxed and non-structured.

Caspian came on around 7:30. My favorite lyric of theirs is “ “. All kidding aside, I had no idea they were an instrumental band, yet they fit in so well opening for Underoath. The first song they played blew me away. The last song they played was a quiet one and I felt bad because the entire crowd was talking over them, but then it kicked into high gear and they finished out in a really cool way.

I was front row on the bar for Underoath. Right in front of Grant and James. Holy crap. This show was so well produced. I kept trying to sing along, but I kept smiling so big. It was just crazy seeing these dudes play so well. I can’t even pinpoint a favorite part of the night. Everyone knew every song and it was just a cool experience.

I caught a pick from James and Chris gave me a setlist from the stage. My night was made. Their merch was pretty expensive so I figured I’d wait until it goes on sale after the tour is over. Like everyone else has been saying, there was no vinyl leftover. Crazy how steadily that 3,250 units sold out. I wish they had controlled that better so each date could have some.

I had a very similar experience! I've seen Underoath around ten times and this was the best show they've ever put on.  I'm super thankful that I was able to see them in Salt Lake City.

I had a very similar experience! I've seen Underoath around ten times and this was the best show they've ever put on.  I'm super thankful that I was able to see them in Salt Lake City.

I've tried to see them 3 times before this, but all ended up falling through. This was my first show and they blew me away. Hoping for a 2008 ten year tour of Lost in the Sound haha. They made it seem like they can fit this band in when they all have time, so it's really about balance and setting aside the needed time for recording/touring.

Mentioned it in small talk but yeah, caught the Atlanta show last night and it blew me away, first time seeing them after being into them for like 13 or so years and it blew me the heck away (Caspian too). Got the same "they're gonna repress it" story from the merch dude but honestly I really don't care about this double album thing, I already have TOCS, DTGL is where it's really at for me and I'd only be getting it to get that. Really hoping something happens either way but echoing others that I'd vastly prefer DTGL 2XLP. Honestly I'd be really irritated if they didn't because they did the 180g 10 year anniversary repress for TOCS and if DTGL doesn't get one this year they're really dropping the ball lol.

I have a feeling this vinyl package prints money for UO, how many copies are there? like 4000? And a new pressing on the way, man. Unlikely they would release DtGL as a stand alone due to the succes of this release right?

There were 3,250 pressed. Sold out really quickly. I bet at the end of the tour they'll sell the ones they kept for damages in shipping. All their tour merch will go on sale as well. You won't have to pay $30 for the tour shirt ha.  

While I agree that a 2xLP of DtGL would be great, I would like to reiterate that this single LP pressing actually sounds really fantastic. Little to no issues with being put on a single.

Agreed. Thank you haha.

While I agree that a 2xLP of DtGL would be great, I would like to reiterate that this single LP pressing actually sounds really fantastic. Little to no issues with being put on a single.

Yeah, thought that was already mentioned. Only "issue" I had was them cutting off "Casting Such A Tin Shadow" a few seconds in on side A.

And man, it breaks my heart that I missed these guys (yet again). Sounds like they may be sticking around though. Hoping for a LITSOS anniversary tour!

Yeah, thought that was already mentioned. Only "issue" I had was them cutting off "Casting Such A Tin Shadow" a few seconds in on side A.

And man, it breaks my heart that I missed these guys (yet again). Sounds like they may be sticking around though. Hoping for a LITSOS anniversary tour!

LITSOS would be amazing. It sounds like they are in a great place. I don't expect them to tour full time, but I see them as being a band from here on out. Probably a UK/Europe tour for TOCSxDTGL tour, then record an album. Tour again sometime in 2017.

LITSOS would be amazing. It sounds like they are in a great place. I don't expect them to tour full time, but I see them as being a band from here on out. Probably a UK/Europe tour for TOCSxDTGL tour, then record an album. Tour again sometime in 2017.

Yeah they all seem happy with each other again. I could tell they were all a little nervous about the same falling out happening again.

Aaron was exhausted as shit. He had just done the Paramore Cruise before this tour, so he hadn't been home in months. When I was at VIP he was noticeably exhausted and talked about how much he wanted to be home.

Aaron was exhausted as shit. He had just done the Paramore Cruise before this tour, so he hadn't been home in months. When I was at VIP he was noticeably exhausted and talked about how much he wanted to be home.

That makes a lot of sense... I noticed he seemed a little off the other night. He definitely didn't have the energy the others had, and neither his drumming nor his singing seemed like classic Aaron. So that makes a lot of sense. I feel bad for the guy. Props to him for sticking with this, though.

That makes a lot of sense... I noticed he seemed a little off the other night. He definitely didn't have the energy the others had, and neither his drumming nor his singing seemed like classic Aaron. So that makes a lot of sense. I feel bad for the guy. Props to him for sticking with this, though.

I believe he loves doing Underoath again, but I think the dude needs a break. Hopefully he gets a good one before jumping back to Underoath or Paramore