To stop flipping the companies must be willing to limit the quantity of pre-orders for each customer.

If someone holds onto their vinyl and sells it for twice the price one year later, is that flipping? Where do you draw the line?

There was a huge discussion in the last few months, and the consensus was: If your intention is to play it yourself and you decide you don't want it, you can sell it for whatever you want. If your intention is to make a profit from the start, it's a dick move.

How much was this record initially?  I was just at a record show in Portland this weekend, and one of the vendors had a copy of this and Shenmue, sealed.  Was asking $60 apiece.  I assumed it was a flipper price but wasn't sure how much it originally cost after shipping.

Mondo sold (will sell again once it restocks) non-limited edition copies of both for $27, + shipping. So $60 may be a bit high. The LE's were, as stated, £19.99 + shipping, so quite a bit more expensive than the regular editions. I don't think Data Discs limited the original runs by amount per buyer, but they did with the Shinobi III, limiting the LE to only 2 copies per customer, and having Mondo sell their stock in the US for them, with the non-LE's being open pressings. 

I know I personally have sold records for a fair bit after I decide I don't want them anymore. But I only ever buy 1 at a time just for me to enjoy.

On the thread topic though I'm just waiting for some game soundtrack to get pressed I really want. All the ones I enjoyed playing with awesome music were basically any final fantasy game, silent hill and mega man (there was more for sure)

I saw that megaman picture disc at one point but I am not a fan of picture discs

Well that sucks that I can't read Japanese.

I can't read it either but we can use a translation tool.

Rough translation with some fixes:

"Arrange Album "Haruka Naruto Kino Kanata F" will be released as an limited analog record in commemoration of the 20 anniversary of the writer-composer Yasunori Mitsuda "Yasunori Mitsuda × Square Enix × Chrono series."

Yasunori Mitsuda own songs newly recorded arrangement from the music of "Chrono Cross".

Music to be recorded and selected from Yasunori Mitsuda himself.

The revived Chrono sound beyond the time of '20."

Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross Arrangement Album just went up on Square Enix Japan.

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/SQEX_10517_8.html

Official site: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/harukanaru/

Oh man if that goes up for order anywhere else I'll buy it. Game has amazing music