9 hours ago, Ogrejoyed said:

Got my Katamari Fantasy flexi disc today. So cool because I've never owned a flexi disc, but I'm pretty bummed because the center hole is too small for my turntable so I can't even listen to it without possibly damaging it haha.

Mine is the same way.  I've just emailed them asking for a solution.  I'm pretty sure the spindle size is a standardized thing...

12 minutes ago, ingoodhands said:

probably because you've never owned a flexi disc before lol

but I have owned a record before, and I know when the center hole is drilled too small and won't fit on my turntable.

Not all turntables are made the same.

Obviously I've tried fitting it, and it's not going to budge unless I straight up destroy the center hole.

2 hours ago, whoa said:

I've never owned a flexi, but my Fez LPs are super tight to the spindle (they won't come off easily). Turn on the platter spinning and gently lift the record up and off; There'll be a little bit of bend, but it'll slide right on off super easy.

you should never touch the record while the platter is still spinning.

11 hours ago, ingoodhands said:

lmao you literally just have to push the flexi down with a tiny bit of force. what solution are you expecting them to tell you?

So are you saying that you're actually supposed to deform the record to get it to fit?  You guys are correct in that I've never owned a flexi before.  Does the material not permanently form a cone from smashing it on there?  I imagine that would make playing the B-side difficult...

5 hours ago, necroking said:

you should never touch the record while the platter is still spinning.

Subjective to if you have slipmats and hammer fingers I s'pose, else, same thing if you stop the platter, grab the sides of the record and gently wiggle back and forth and up. Don't stop wiggle wiggle.

On 2/22/2017 at 9:09 AM, Ogrejoyed said:

Got my Katamari Fantasy flexi disc today. So cool because I've never owned a flexi disc, but I'm pretty bummed because the center hole is too small for my turntable so I can't even listen to it without possibly damaging it haha.

Ok I got home and tried this thing again; I had to really jam it on the spindle and it definitely bent conically but I did get it down to the platter.  Started spinning it and my tonearm just came back to the beginning repeatedly after playing the first few seconds.   Dropped the needle halfway through the first side and it just does the same thing.  Do you have to adjust tracking force for these flimsy discs as well?  I'm starting to think these things are not worth the trouble.

6 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

Ok I got home and tried this thing again; I had to really jam it on the spindle and it definitely bent conically but I did get it down to the platter.  Started spinning it and my tonearm just came back to the beginning repeatedly after playing the first few seconds.   Dropped the needle halfway through the first side and it just does the same thing.  Do you have to adjust tracking force for these flimsy discs as well?  I'm starting to think these things are not worth the trouble.

Yes, flexis usually require a little more tracking force.