21 minutes ago, NinjaCool said:

The Tomb Raider Suite Kickstarter is up with orchestral recordings of TR1-3 on CD and Vinyl.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1636910846/the-tomb-raider-suite

£60!? Yeah no thanks.... 

Edit, just for some context: I was at the London show and honestly whilst it was good, you'll soon realise that most of the pieces are the same theme over and over and over and over....  This could have easily been a 2LP pressing across the three games for £20-25. 

Edited by Le Gogh

Got The Last Guardian in today, guess the people complaining about the pressing quality weren't exaggerating, this thing is really bad (you might have to turn the volume up, depending on what you're listening on).

I cannot understand how something like this is even possible, do they really not check the tests before greenlighting the pressing? Definitely asking for my money back.

Edited by slinch

4 hours ago, slinch said:

Got The Last Guardian in today, guess the people complaining about the pressing quality weren't exaggerating, this thing is really bad (you might have to turn the volume up, depending on what you're listening on).

I cannot understand how something like this is even possible, do they really not check the tests before greenlighting the pressing? Definitely asking for my money back.

This makes me really sad. They take a year to release something and how in the world does it come out sounding like that?

Can't wait to hear the stories of the Persona 5 fans who paid $200 for a bum-ass copy from Iam8bit. Man I hate that they have the majority of the Sony licenses it seems like. Why couldn't Sony just stick with Mondo. A Mondo Persona boxset would have been amazing. 

Edited by Vector53

11 hours ago, slinch said:

Are you sure that there isn't just some old lady sweeping a broom on your porch every 1.8 seconds?  Best to double-check!

On 5/26/2017 at 8:55 AM, Ogrejoyed said:

This makes me really sad. They take a year to release something and how in the world does it come out sounding like that?

What are the deadwax inscriptions? If this is a GZ I'd be surprised, haven't had a bum copy from them yet.

On 5/26/2017 at 11:18 AM, Vector53 said:

Can't wait to hear the stories of the Persona 5 fans who paid $200 for a bum-ass copy from Iam8bit. Man I hate that they have the majority of the Sony licenses it seems like. Why couldn't Sony just stick with Mondo. A Mondo Persona boxset would have been amazing. 

I don't know about that, I'm losing patience with Mondo using Rainbo to press stuff.  They've got such sloppy quality control.

6 hours ago, slinch said:

No idea where the GZ notion came from, though honestly I too assumed it was GZ. I just checked and it was actually pressed at MPO.

I'm sorry I didn't make it clear before and spoke a lil too fast, iam8bit used GZ for a few of their titles I've been interested in. Off the top of my head Undertale was pressed there and I THINK Hyper Light Drifter correct me if I'm wrong. Also,  really surprised it's an MPO cuz I've had nothing but good experiences with them so far.

Edited by kylemcauliffe15

On 5/26/2017 at 5:13 AM, slinch said:

I had the same issue with Westworld's B&N preorder.
It came in with a shit ton of scratches, surface noise, pops, etc. over the 3xLP's.
I returned it to Barnes and Noble and picked up another copy at an actual Barnes and Noble location, same thing.

Instead of returning that one which I should have, I reached out to Water Tower Music and they shipped me a new copy.
I have only listened to the first LP since I got it a couple of days ago. It has no scratches and minimal surface noise. 
They said they would test the copy they're sending me. I assume they did since it was open and had your usual shelf wear, nothing too bad. I wonder if they other variants have the same issue.

Anywho, definitely get your money back if you can.
With a lot of these kinds of companies, you often find bootlegesque type of releases, it's quite sad. 

Edited by JorgeRodriguez689

has any one else pulled the trigger on the $90 backer for the Johto Legends kickstarter? I want to but $90 is so steep, but they're doing a backer-exclusive variant as well like they did for the Ocarina of Time record. ugh I'm torn. I also don't understand why I can't just get the record, because you had that option for OOT and it was only $50.

3 hours ago, cantdance said:

Looks like [REDACTED] is releasing metroid or super metroid soon. Super pumped.

Is [REDACTED] still sending out emails?  I didn't see one so curious where your info came from.  Super Metroid would be an instant-buy; one of the best SNES soundtracks for sure and also one I know I would actually spin a lot instead of just look at on the shelf.